XIM Community

G400 Grip?  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: G400 Grip?
« Reply #15 on: 02:33 AM - 06/25/12 »
No. Every half decent mouse will still exceed the in game max turn speed. Even the intellimice don't suffer and they are less then half the max IPS of these mice being discussed.

For anyone deciding between the DA and G400 go with shape. Either is a superb choice.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:41 AM - 06/25/12 »
So its still high DPI mous that is best like Sensei or the coming 8600dpi Avago lasers to flatten the curve/line and have smooth small movement precision aiming, but tracking speed is negligible as blackdotting is faster than any bad tracking mouse at high speeds.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:58 AM - 06/25/12 »
Its a hard one to call, technically those sensors should be more precise but as the 9500 has in built acceleration and its looking likely so will the new 9800 that user precision goes out of the window. As in its more precise with a touch more  inconsistency.

I still believe personally that once a certain threshold of a sensor being decent is passed (all of what has been mentioned so far) that the shape and feel in the hand of the mouse has the biggest baring.

Case in point is that one of Counter Strike top pro players "F0rest" has been using the kinzu v1 for the last couple of years and still beasting. A mouse which has a very low max tracking speed and a huge amount of hardware based acceleration but it fits his hand perfectly. Now he's sponsored by steelseries but he could of used the XAI/Sensei or done what quake's "rapha" did and stuck a SS sticker on his intellimouse LOL

See pic

« Last Edit: 03:10 AM - 06/25/12 by Zen »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:08 AM - 06/25/12 »
lol

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:40 AM - 06/25/12 »
Thank you for sorting that out Zen, i think sometimes the information gets in the way over actual performance.

What TOP 3 mice would you consider to be the best tracking mice on black cloth mouse mats on the market today?
Old or new? I really like the death adder but here is my problem.

Last week i bough a Zowie EC1 eVo, Now i swear to god my aim was B0T like..
I actually could not miss, playing with the AK on city streets COD4 across market where you can just see heads over the wall that you can't shoot through so you have to aim for the head, I had basically head shot after head shot after head shot..
My small twitch aiming was perfect.

But as soon as i came to flick the mouse the sensor couldn't keep up and either stopped dead or left me looling at the floor or up at the clouds.. Actually tried 1000Hz 500Hz 125Hz << that in combination with the 3 different DPI's the mouse has, and it was still the same.

I'm actually off to the post office after i write this message to send it back to the shop. So this is why i need a fast tracking mouse! Because for all the extra aim i felt the Zowie EC1 gave me it knocked my confidence so badly on the flick shots that i'm still recovering now tbh lol.

So what i'm trying to say is, if the Zowie EC1 eVo can have soo much more precision over the deathadder, And this is not an opinion this is the mouse actually putting a smile on my face after years of death adder use. How can i go back to the deah adder knowing there is probably a better mouse out there if i just looked? (Zowie EC1 eVo would be the best mouse if it tracked better.)

One last question, Does the death adder Black edition have a different sensor? Its just because i noticed they came with different drivers?
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:42 AM - 06/25/12 »
Also this guy makes some interesting points about the G400 over the deathadder.

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08:21 AM - 06/25/12 »
EC1 evo uses basically the same sensor as the DA3.5 (avago 3090) but it uses a custom lens to lower the LOD. This results in a lower max IPS. This is due to Zowie being to focussed on getting the LOD as low as possible.

So I'd recommend the DA3.5g, G400 and probably the Sensei (but it does suffer from a touch of acceleration).
The first 2 being the safest bet from what you've told me about your fast swipes.

And RE the vid the guy prefers a full palm grip. I personally use a finger tip grip on either and like both.
« Last Edit: 08:31 AM - 06/25/12 by Zen »

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:42 AM - 06/25/12 »
Just a couple of things to maybe edge you towards the G400. Its cheaper and also it doesnt have a braided cable which means the cable has less friction on a cloth pad and also doesnt fray. If you haven't tried one you really should.

The g400 also has better skates.

I prefer the DA shape as I finger tip and don't like the back of my palm to touch the mouse. So I'd just base it off that.
« Last Edit: 10:22 AM - 06/25/12 by Zen »

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:44 AM - 06/25/12 »
What about the upcoming Avagos having 8200 dpi, anything you know about them? Any mouse out with them before the G600?

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:23 AM - 06/25/12 »
Probably the Razer Taipan next month.

But I've heard that it suffers the exact same amount of acceleration as the avago 9500 (no solid stats yet). Just have to see if these companies can tame it with some firmwares. No one could with the 9500. But lets wait and see.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:57 PM - 06/25/12 »
zen we need to open a mouse section especially for you!

thanks for all the inputs, makes me thinking of getting another mouse next to my g500 and mx518
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay