XIM Community

Edge Planned Support List and Game Requests  (Read 77189 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Edge Community Game Requests
« Reply #15 on: 05:47 AM - 05/25/12 »
Mist, it is not possible for MGS4 to have press half and full, the buttons are all simple 1/0 buttons on the dual shock even the fire buttons. I just come from doing my mod for the N52te. Maybe with another Joystick? I also remember the move has only a button for fire unlike the Xbox that has a potentiometer for its fire buttons.
Just saying MGS4 should not be a problem. I mean it cant be.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06:27 AM - 05/25/12 »
minecraft definitely!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:54 AM - 05/25/12 »
Minecraft is being worked on but it will need more time.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:57 AM - 05/25/12 »
All uncharteds
All resistances (so I can finally buy and play them! :D )

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #19 on: 02:04 PM - 05/25/12 »
Mist, it is not possible for MGS4 to have press half and full, the buttons are all simple 1/0 buttons on the dual shock even the fire buttons. I just come from doing my mod for the N52te. Maybe with another Joystick? I also remember the move has only a button for fire unlike the Xbox that has a potentiometer for its fire buttons.
Roads, I've been playing MGS3 with my DS3. The buttons are in fact pressure sensitive. If you don't believe me, I can upload a video of me zooming in and out with variable levels of zoom in cutscenes... which is determined by how hard you are pressing the triangle button. Zooming with the binoculars works similarly, the speed of it zooming in or out depends on the pressure on the button.

EDIT: Yeah the ST would be for the bow. The deadzone at least appears to match between normal and bow view, so there's that. Would only need one config.
« Last Edit: 02:08 PM - 05/25/12 by Flamemonkey »

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:06 PM - 05/25/12 »
Minecraft is being worked on but it will need more time.

great :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02:16 PM - 05/25/12 »
Roads, I've been playing MGS3 with my DS3. The buttons are in fact pressure sensitive. If you don't believe me, I can upload a video of me zooming in and out with variable levels of zoom in cutscenes... which is determined by how hard you are pressing the triangle button. Zooming with the binoculars works similarly, the speed of it zooming in or out depends on the pressure on the button.

EDIT: Yeah the ST would be for the bow. The deadzone at least appears to match between normal and bow view, so there's that. Would only need one config.

Alright I just saw no potentiometer. May it be that it has two states? First ring and then second? Two states could be easily set as two commands. I mean like a camera button you laser and focus and then shoot the pic.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:15 AM - 05/27/12 »
Heavy Rain, I mean itís a classic PS3 exclusive and looking forward to play.

Offline SiNister

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06:33 AM - 05/27/12 »
Heavy Rain, I mean itís a classic PS3 exclusive and looking forward to play.

Its a great game with an amazing story. Heard a movie is in the works too.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06:39 AM - 05/27/12 »
I played the first maybe 30 minutes at a friends place and I remember him saying three times hey i did not see this sequence i did not do this. Most photorealistic game I ever played. You tell us if this could be great with the XIM. Itís a Move enabled game so if its move its automatically XIM proof because of turn speeds?

You sure saw this tech demo, sadly not a game from quantic dreams:

Offline SiNister

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06:57 AM - 05/27/12 »
@roads I don' think heavy rain would be ideal with the xim. I mean it would work but the game doesn't require precision movements. A lot of the gameplay is pressing sequential buttons that are animated on the screen. And on top of that, the game uses Six axis with the Dual Shock controller and with the Move controllers and these haven't been implemented with the xim yet.

And yeah I've seen that Kara video before its a teaser for quantic dreams game engine based on motion capture. They are a decent game company, and are trying to innovate unlike these clone fps games that keep popping up.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08:33 AM - 05/27/12 »
OK got it, thanks.

Offline RAY0711

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:16 AM - 05/28/12 »
ghost recon future soldier would be great .

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:18 AM - 05/28/12 »
future soldier was released to the rc beta testers today, give it a few days to stress test it and its going to be released to everyone

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11:12 AM - 05/28/12 »
I am curious to try the Uncharted 3 ST. If that game is good with the XIM I would really like to open the debate if not more games are worthy of a ST. Games like Uncharted are quickly dismissed as not good for the XIM. I mean the right controller stick is emulated mainly and a lot of people are playig with Move/G13/N52te analog sticks. Its really only how to look around.