XIM Community

Upgrade?  (Read 1484 times)

Offline simplicity05

• H.A.T.E.D
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Lairdawg
Upgrade?
« on: 11:11 PM - 05/06/12 »
Loyal and faithful 360 XIM3 pwner. Love my product and the people who develop and sell it. If there was an official XIM ambassador program, I'd be a proud member.

Sell me on upgrading to the Edge.

And yes, I read the development blog.
[ XIM3 ][ G500 | 4500 DPI | 500 ][ Sony Nav ][ Razor Onza ]

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: 12:56 AM - 05/07/12 »
The Edge isn't really an upgrade from the XIM3. Are you PS3 or XBOX user?

Offline simplicity05

• H.A.T.E.D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:38 AM - 05/07/12 »
Loyal and faithful 360 XIM3 pwner.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:02 AM - 05/07/12 »
Then its up to you. Are you interested in tweaking the ballistic curve? or do you tend to stick to STs?

Do you enjoy using the xim3 screen? etc.

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:06 AM - 05/07/12 »
Zen's right, Edge is not really an upgrade for most 360 users.  Edge has balistics curve for ST's, but won't have the smart-advanced features, the ability to make a standard translator, or an LCD screen.

If you mostly just use ST's, there will be no difference it actual performance between the two on the Xbox.  If you are one of the really hardcore guys that knows how to make a ballistics curve, then getting an Edge may be worth it to you.
« Last Edit: 09:10 AM - 05/07/12 by Threewheels »

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:33 AM - 05/07/12 »
I will have to say it’s an upgrade in many ways, it has more memory as stated by OBsIV, is cheaper with probably better up to date parts, you can use it in both systems without any other adapters, you will be able to use and share your setting with others, you can choose the color you want it to flash, is flat and very sleek looking and I think it also talks to you… I guess the only downside is no LCD screen, but I am sure the "XIM Extreme" will have all of these features and only cost $49.99 in a couple of years.  :)

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:34 AM - 05/07/12 »
lol, it does not talk.

Offline simplicity05

• H.A.T.E.D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:41 AM - 05/07/12 »
Ballistics Curve? I could play with that on my XIM3 with an easy transfer cable and a PC could I not? I remember reading something about that feature somewhere at somepoint, but I still am a tad fuzzy on what exactly it means, and do the ballistics settings store to the XIM or do I need to be hooked into the PC at all times to take advantage?

I stick to Smart Advanced right now, adding +2 Smoothness and usually a -1 Clamp to my ST.

The ability to post ballistics curves for the EDGE, would that be able to be used by the XIM3's ballistics editor? Should be all the same numbers, right?

What about switchers? EDGE featuring more of those? Could really get elaborate with 3 or 4. Of course I know I can use XEmulate, but I try to keep my PC and XIM detached unless I'm updating the XIM.