XIM Community

Reservation Page Possible?  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Dark_Storm

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dark_Storm
Reservation Page Possible?
« on: 12:43 PM - 04/30/12 »
I know this may be WAY too soon, but it is possible to get a pre-order or reserve page setup for those of us that know we will be getting the new XIM Edge.  I know for a fact that I will be getting it since I play PS3 90% of the time. 

I already know what the answer will probably be, but it can't hurt to ask.  ;D

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Reservation Page Possible?
« Reply #1 on: 12:45 PM - 04/30/12 »
Yes i have the cash and want to make sure im one of the first.

Offline unicorn991

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Captain N3KrA
  • PSN ID: unicorn991
« Reply #2 on: 01:14 PM - 04/30/12 »
Yes i believe Obsiv you should make a preorder list and have a first taste of actual xim edge preorder sales.
Just for the history a buy xim3 for my ps3 and after that i buy an xbox for my xim3 (lol).
So i am 100% sure that i want this new product of yours , and i would like a chance to be in the first orders.
Keep up the good work as a know that your products are far more game valuable than all the other proffesional wannabe companies (frag,tuact....).
History shows that you get everything in the right place when the time comes...
Thanks again.

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:28 PM - 04/30/12 »
Ahh the new members who've not been around long enough to remember the xim 2 preorders. Good times :)

I'd be surprised if OBsIV ever wanted to do another preorder but who knows? It's turned into a slick little business now they might fancy it :)

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:14 PM - 04/30/12 »
I just hope may is the montg thag the edge gets ready for shipping .

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #5 on: 03:13 PM - 04/30/12 »
Ahh the new members who've not been around long enough to remember the xim 2 preorders. Good times :)

I'd be surprised if OBsIV ever wanted to do another preorder but who knows? It's turned into a slick little business now they might fancy it :)

I'd imagine it's moved from a simple Excel spreadsheet to a more robust P.O.S. system or even a full database system with POS plug-ins (e.g. http://www.sagenorthamerica.com/ )

Pre-orders are never a fun thing to manage, but with the right software it can be done. Does XIM Inc. have said software? Who knows ... but I can guarentee everyone will eventually get their XIMe.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:37 AM - 05/01/12 »
doubt its going to happen

the moment people pay money for something is the moment they take obsiv words as gold
when he says "in about a month" theyll complain when this date turns out to be false
i guess there are too much variables right now that make an estimated release date impossible to predict

also im sure we will see a notification email service again, for people that want to know about the relase on the first day :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Dark_Storm

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dark_Storm
« Reply #7 on: 11:25 AM - 05/01/12 »
I know a lot of pre-orders on games and other products do not actually charge anything until the product actually ships.  It is more of a way to be on the first shipment of the product.  The reason I suggested a reservation page was not so money could be paid right now, or a release date given, but more of a line place holder for the initial product run. I also thought it may give OBsIV a look at what quantities would be needed at first.  No big deal if it is not going to happen.  Just a thought.

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:38 AM - 05/01/12 »

I thought the xim3 pre-release  was worse haha. though i did miss the initial xim2 preorder lists as i came in late 2008.

But yeah definetly a good idea to reward current users, unlike what happened for the xim3 release. was pretty frustrating.

Offline COD-peace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:54 PM - 05/01/12 »

I thought the xim3 pre-release  was worse haha. though i did miss the initial xim2 preorder lists as i came in late 2008.

But yeah definetly a good idea to reward current users, unlike what happened for the xim3 release. was pretty frustrating.

What happened?

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:07 PM - 05/01/12 »
wootie wooooo!

*edited because who needed to read it read it*
« Last Edit: 04:50 PM - 05/02/12 by toysrme »
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:31 PM - 05/01/12 »
Toys, to say that "alpha testers" didn't do their job is ignorant. I'm honestly offended. You have no idea how many hours we put into the device finding bugs and helping improve the final product. We weren't alpha testers and there was no beta at launch. We beta tested the device and the GOLD firmware that shipped at launch was final. Each beta build afterward was indeed beta because the code had changed. Sure a few bugs were found after launch and improvements were made, but how is that different from any other piece of software?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:43 PM - 05/01/12 »
not all of them, or you specifically. the ones that it applies too, will know who it applied too. you are an old established player. you have lots of XP in many different games. i trust your opinion on what areas to work on.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:52 PM - 05/01/12 »
hootie hooooo!

*edited because who needed to read it read it*
« Last Edit: 04:50 PM - 05/02/12 by toysrme »
[/size]

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:02 PM - 05/01/12 »
You're entitled to your opinion, I'm just letting you know there is a whole xim3 beta board filled with feedback that you may never see. Given that we beta tested XIM3 in our spare time and were able to find the type of bugs we did and amount of feedback we provided I'd say the beta was a great success.

Also, the Smart Translator tech was still new at the time with only Halo 3 available to the public previously. The bug that was fixed nine months after launch was found because there was visual proof that the translation system was doing something wrong. We had nothing to compare performance to during beta or up until that bug was fixed as standard translators have acceleration. The lack of responsiveness in launch Smart Translators was always attributed to using a near linear curve and because that they lacked acceleration they had a less "snappy" feeling.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin