XIM Community

Gamebattles/MLG is a joke.  (Read 14262 times)

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
Gamebattles/MLG is a joke.
« on: 10:36 AM - 04/30/12 »
If you're into gamebattles or curious, go here -> http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/forums/t/so-let-me-get-this-straight-6339486

Summary:
Match Scheduled
Our team is not premium (we didn't pay) and their team is
Our team is ready for the match -> http://www.twitch.tv/mag1ccarp3t/b/316382718  @ 9m27s
Their team is a no show, then their leader admits to forfeiting but wanting to "reschedule" then proceeds to threaten us by reading off our IP addresses that he somehow obtains -> through hacking of some sort.
Their leader then goes on to reporting a win even though it's 20 minutes after the scheduled match.
Match is disputed.
Other team is granted a win.
We take a loss and are locked out from editing/making changes to our roster or scheduling another match for reasons of "Disputing match with no reason"

Everyone else's opinion?
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Re: Gamebattles/MLG is a joke.
« Reply #1 on: 10:37 AM - 04/30/12 »
wow gayness
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:40 AM - 04/30/12 »
there is no real league for console gaming, gamebattles especially mlg is a joke
rather have some scrims though mirc, no need to attend in a league to play some games
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #3 on: 10:47 AM - 04/30/12 »
Where's stoney?  We needs him and CAGL.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #4 on: 11:50 AM - 04/30/12 »
If you are serious about it you need to be premium

Offline tHe sR5

• Team EWIX
    • View Profile
    • TeamEWIX
  • Gamertag: tHesR5
« Reply #5 on: 12:02 PM - 04/30/12 »
I have always known that MLG -GameBattles was a joke, just never thought it was THIS big of a joke... Wow is all i have to say.

-XIM3-
G5 2000dpi with G15 keyboard
30" HDMI Hanns-G Monitor

Team EWIX Member
http://teamewix.com

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #6 on: 12:02 PM - 04/30/12 »
If you are serious about it you need to be premium

Pay for privilege? I can't think of one other league where that was ever the case.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #7 on: 12:34 PM - 04/30/12 »
Escelate the dispute. You can get higher admins involved.

Assuming you have proof

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: Re: Gamebattles/MLG is a joke.
« Reply #8 on: 12:57 PM - 04/30/12 »

Assuming you have proof

I don't think you can anymore. You just have to use the crappy dispute system.

Rookchick, the point of paying for premium is to play premium matches that can have real human review. If you are not premium they just post your evidence/claim and it gets voted by randoms who just vote randomly. If you are not playing premium matches you have to expect BS like that all the time. I don't think the whole team needs premium. They need to make money from it somehow so it makes sense.
« Last Edit: 01:02 PM - 04/30/12 by stetab »

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #9 on: 01:17 PM - 04/30/12 »

Assuming you have proof

in order to escalate, you need to be premium - i think we would need at least 2 members to include our team as premium.

we have proof - but i'm sure no one reviewed it.

if the free service is allowed alongside the payed service - why should we be treated differently?
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:19 PM - 04/30/12 »
wow i just read the GB thread you guys made and those guys are complete fucktards!!! I've never seen such imcompetent moderators!!

my jaw was hanging the entire read. I read all 5 pages of pure ignorance!

proof was displayed right in their face and they said it wasn't good enough because they didn't wanna take the minute to look at it
not only that, but didn't they also say posting pictures of messages etc. isn't valid proof? so how did this guy post proof? the moderators completely dodged the question!

this is a huge conspiracy and it's complete BS

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
Gamebattles/MLG is a joke.
« Reply #11 on: 01:23 PM - 04/30/12 »
It is a joke.

MLG with console FPS (unlike starcraft) is setup for popularity, not skill.

And remember, without my personal intervention, all of GB, INCLUDING THE STAFF, would still be a bunch of cheating hackers.
Not that anyone has ever or will ever follow protocall, but at least I got some basic counter cheating rules installed a couple years ago.

In a year of GB competition with other XIM'ers. We lost TWO legitimate matches combined on a 2v2, 4v4 and 5v5 team.
Me and paul paul played well and got screwed by the last spawn (we killed the enemy to go +1with seconds left and he spawned feet behind us with the game ending).
The other on the 5v5 team we (mostly me) got smoked by one of the top ranked teams with too rank talent in it.

Thats it... Any other loss was clearly from flipping lobby hackers off se7ensens.....

MLG/GB, frankly "all competitive console play" is a joke. Its mostly a lagfest so its hard to determine anything even when you do play good matches without cheaters....
« Last Edit: 01:30 PM - 04/30/12 by toysrme »
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline ICEMAN

• Team EWIX - Founder
    • View Profile
    • Team Ewix
  • Gamertag: IceMan40
  • PSN ID: xxIceMan40xx
« Reply #12 on: 01:24 PM - 04/30/12 »
The free accounts show me no reason why I should go premium. Rather it just illustrates a flawed system that doesn't truly value competitive play. Why on earth would I decide to go buy a premium membership? I play for the challenge and comradery. I would not and will never pay for a cheap win. Really all teams should get their fair shot regardless of pay or no pay.

Also a site like Game Battles should have a much stricter no harassment policy. A true Professional is someone who can conduct themselves in a professional manner.
XBOX One Gaming Setup:
XIM4E :: ASUS VG248QE Monitor :: Razer Naga 5700dpi :: Logitech G13 Gamepad :: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard

Streaming/Recording Setup:
15-inch: 2.3GHz MacBook Pro with Retina display :: Wirecast 5.0 Studio :: Blue Yeti Microphone :: Logitech C920 WebCam :: Black Magic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt :: Atlona AT-HD550 HDMI Up/Down Scaler/Convertor :: Sewell Direct SW-23500 HDMI Splitter :: Avermedia ExtremeCap U3

Souver

« Reply #13 on: 02:18 PM - 04/30/12 »
sad to see stuff like this happening. It is a joke indeed. Like a guy pointed out in a  thread somewhere:

The competitive MLG/GB degenerated to pretty much headglitching only and holding certain power spots on the map, also learning spwan places and trying to spawnkill ppl waiting in ADS. Im not saying everyone does it, Im sure there are talented players with good reflexes who mow down the enemy team by rushing etc. But the majority of little morons will headglitch and camp at their favourite spot.

I played in a public 1v1 tourney recently, which I won. The final 3-4 games I played vs competitive players (GB/consoles.net). Needless to say, the competitive players played like fkn faggots, headglitching and camping in the weirdest places, sitting inside of bushes and stuff like that. It was really hard though but at the end the punks got beasted on.
« Last Edit: 02:34 PM - 04/30/12 by Souver »

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #14 on: 02:42 PM - 04/30/12 »
Toysrme's massive narcissism rears it's ugly head once again.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Admin