XIM Community

As a gamer, I'm thrilled, as a consumer... I'm a little pissed  (Read 6338 times)

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
People keep saying the xim 3 is better. It only has an lcd screen vs the edge, hardly a deal breaker for me. Te edge has its onscreen adjustments thats good enough for me. If you use xbox just stick with the xim 3 unless the ballistics turns out to be a little gem or if the edge has something up its sleeve.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
I would have happily paid for a software upgrade to the xim3 if it was possible that would allow ps3 support. I don't know if it could have been done but surely it could have. Maybe it was too consuming and new hardware was easier, who knows. But in essence, its a business and the bottom line is quite important.

I would guess there were real physical limitations. If nothing else, a memory limitation. Xim3 didn't even have room to fit the ballistics curve. I highly doubt it has room to fit PS3-specific firmware in addition to what's already on there.

Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline JediMunchies

• "Not without incident."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: JediMunchies
  • PSN ID: Sid_6Point7
I just bought my XIM3 a week ago, so one could imagine my surprise when I saw this and felt the ever present Trololo song dancing in my head.  But the fact of the matter is I bought this with the intention to use it as advertised.  I'm loving the device so far and while I do own a PS3... I'm hoping OBsIV will do us a solid and give current owners a nice discount on the new upgrade.  If the price tag of the Edge is going to be cheaper than the price of the XIM3, a discount on top of that will be something I'm sure many a loyal owner will appreciate.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
People keep saying the xim 3 is better. It only has an lcd screen vs the edge, hardly a deal breaker for me. Te edge has its onscreen adjustments thats good enough for me. If you use xbox just stick with the xim 3 unless the ballistics turns out to be a little gem or if the edge has something up its sleeve.

the real point will be how to adjust and change configs on the ximE
if you have to connect it to pc for every minor change, then the xim3 is much more handy to use
but im sure the dev team has a good plan to keep the pc effort quite small
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
Be interesting too see how it unfolds. For me though i dont have the xim 3 and i have a ps3, so the edge is the only logical road for me.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Yeah dude.  Rock the controller while you wait on the Edge.  Hone your map knowledge and play a PC FPS to keep your M/KB skills solid.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
the real point will be how to adjust and change configs on the ximE
if you have to connect it to pc for every minor change, then the xim3 is much more handy to use
but im sure the dev team has a good plan to keep the pc effort quite small

From the thread where OBsIV and I conversed earlier, my understanding is that you can tweak primary button mappings and sensitivities without a PC in the mix, but it sounds like you need a PC in the mix for real time ballistics curve editing.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
From the thread where OBsIV and I conversed earlier, my understanding is that you can tweak primary button mappings and sensitivities without a PC in the mix, but it sounds like you need a PC in the mix for real time ballistics curve editing.

Correct - You'll be able to make most changes right from the controller.

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yeah dude.  Rock the controller while you wait on the Edge.  Hone your map knowledge and play a PC FPS to keep your M/KB skills solid.

Im doing pretty well with the controller to my suprise. BO got my kd up to 2.8 just went 60-9 on range in sabotage. Im not sure how im managing this lol.