XIM Community

As a gamer, I'm thrilled, as a consumer... I'm a little pissed  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
But I just finally got enough money to buy an XIM3 several months ago...and I never ever got to trade in my XIM2 to XIM3 like ObSIV mentioned and forgot about. :(

ObSIV could have supported Smart Translators with the XIM2, which I would have gladly paid for. Hell I didn't even want the XIM3 as I don't give a @#$% about portability and I hook the @#$% thing up to the computer anyways to use with XIMCommander.

Why can't I just pay for @#$% software support??? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
As a gamer, I'm thrilled, as a consumer... I'm a little pissed
« Reply #16 on: 01:48 PM - 04/30/12 »
Or for anyone wants the condensed answer form of the entire thread:

Xim2 ditched the xim1's requirement and lag from poor quality unlicensed adapters.

Xim3 ditches computer/link lag entirely and all inconsistencies found with pots and DAC's. Xim3 is an entirely digital interface.

Keep in mind that XIM as an adventure is XBOX input machine because xim1/2 were not funding for ps3. Obs played xbox and there was no point in trying to guess at ps3 support when it couldnt be fixed.

Xim3-ps3 re introduces uncontrollable quality & laggy links, undoes the smart translator system etc. Try to help those that do it, but its still unsupported.

Making an adapter is not an option. The licensing would be an issue and reintroduces bad aspects. So a new XIM is the best solution.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
ObSIV could have supported Smart Translators with the XIM2, which I would have gladly paid for. Hell I didn't even want the XIM3 as I don't give a @#$% about portability and I hook the @#$% thing up to the computer anyways to use with XIMCommander.

It would have been impossible to protect the Smart Translator IP if OBsIV had merely value added to XIM2 like that.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
As a gamer, I'm thrilled, as a consumer... I'm a little pissed
« Reply #18 on: 02:14 PM - 04/30/12 »
No less than anything else.
You can reverse engineer anything. i know, Ive seen the Chinese do it.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
I m finding odd how people are going over the top.

lol, you should have seen the cesspool this place turned into when XIM3 was released!

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
@ TS- didnt read the whole OP, but I think you got excited a little bit too much.

Imo XIME is a downgrade and heres why:

XIM3 and XIME have the same Smart Translator engine. They also have similar driver models. However, we are going to have to rebuild the list of supported hardware for Edge.

XIM3 has Smart, Smart Advanced, and Standard. XIME has Smart, and Smart Ballistics

so the xim3 has STD, Smart + Smart ADV. The XIME has smart + smart ballistics additionally, which IMO is unnecessary, BUT it doesnt have standards, which in some games are the best thing to have. For example all COD games. Once you figure out and fizzle out the optimal standard settings, you wont wanna go back to smart config.

Noone has to upgrade and personally I wont. Smart config got improved over the last 1.5 years but still cant compete with the direct and precise feel of a well set up standard config.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Noone has to upgrade and personally I wont. Smart config got improved over the last 1.5 years but still cant compete with the direct and precise feel of a well set up standard config.

Well, I invented both, so, no hard feels there. :) You should use what feels best for you.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
standard isnt for everyone though alot of people use the smart. All of the edge info has even been released yet. The smart ballistics sounds good.

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
Why do so many choose standard. The you should of stuck with the xim 2.

I dont get why the standard is so used. Is it really better than smart? I want to know this because i want to get the most out of cod when i get the edge.

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
Why do so many choose standard. The you should of stuck with the xim 2.

I dont get why the standard is so used. Is it really better than smart? I want to know this because i want to get the most out of cod when i get the edge.

I keep seeing lables like "better" or "best" being assigned to what is, essentially, a qualitative concept.

One says Standars, another says Smart, and back and forth they'll go - both missing the fact that it is an entirely subjective discussion. If I find Smart better than Standard for "X" game, then good on me.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
I shouldnt write downgrade, since native ps3 support is a big big improvement I guess. It just offers less options beeing it doesnt have a standard config, something I wouldnt wanna miss personally.

It is a budget input device, still better than any competition out there has, so its a good thing.

@ dmx- the answer cant be simply yes or no, its personal preference and matter of spending some time until you find a good standard config for your hardware and personal taste. While the smart config offers easy and fast and solid configuration and feel for most hardware. The downside of it (my personal experience) that the aim assist is stronger with it, and it has slightly more input lag. I didnt measure it, only subjective impression.
« Last Edit: 03:18 PM - 04/30/12 by Santigold »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
It truly is subjective.

Standard Translators are mainly based on an equation -- although a complex one, it is still limited to what it can represent. All our competitors use equations too though Standard Translators are far more powerful than theirs in what they can model. But, in the end, they cannot model a game's aiming system with 100% accuracy (which varies greatly between games). This is why I invented Smart Translators. No matter than you throw at it, it can figure it out with accuracy. That said, some may still like Standard simply because they prefer the "wrongness" characteristics of it. But, in these cases, I strongly feel the new Ballistics feature will more powerful than Standard. We will have to wait and see.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline SiNister

• MVP
    • View Profile
I would have happily paid for a software upgrade to the xim3 if it was possible that would allow ps3 support. I don't know if it could have been done but surely it could have. Maybe it was too consuming and new hardware was easier, who knows. But in essence, its a business and the bottom line is quite important.

I feel gutted and happy at the same time, gutted that i have to resell my xim3 with all its coolness (LCD screen etc), and all the hassle of selling it. Happy in that PS3 is fully supported. I just hope the xim3 will still sell well second hand when the Edge comes out. I'm guessing it will as the Xim3 is still superior in other aspects for the xbox 360.
« Last Edit: 04:56 PM - 04/30/12 by SiNister »

Offline clippen05

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: clippen05
  • PSN ID: clippen05
Yeah I guess I got a little worked up in my original post.  I'm going to weigh the pros and cons of getting it,and make a decision a little after its launched.  For the guy who was talking about finances, I don'tfeel like going back and quoting but if you didn't know Im living off a student's budget, I have a job at Taget....  I try to cut out uneccesary purchases and gaming is one of my most frugal areas (GLYDE marketplace FTW :D)  I know know that long-term, XIME would bring me much enjoyment, but I still like to be careful with my purchases

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
guess you mean me :)

im a student as well, i know what you mean
but if you can "divorce" from your xim3, then the costs are all covered from the xim3 sale :)

also i guess if theres really a demand for standard translators on ximE, im sure it takes obsiv just a few days to realize it
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin