XIM Community

Is it XIM 3 vs XIM EDGE or Xim3 + Xim Edge  (Read 16060 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Re: Is it XIM 3 vs XIM EDGE or Xim3 + Xim Edge
« Reply #30 on: 03:31 AM - 04/29/12 »
Unfotunattely it is sounding like that to me.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06:42 AM - 04/29/12 »

for XBOX people that already have a XIM3, I can't say I see a need to switch to the edge.  For xbox people who don't have XIM3, then they have two pretty awesome options.

WOW! I'm in shock. Almost incredulous. I bought the XIM3+gtmax literally a few months ago.

Regarding Threewheels' comment above. What about the converse? That is, if you have a XIM3 and are a PS3 user, should you sell the XIM3 and get the XIM edge?

sorry to say this but yes

ive asked obsiv twice if he doesnt want to release the ps3 edge translators also for xim3, but this wont happen
the gtmax is a part of the chain he doesnt trust, and when theres just one user being not satisfied the negative feedback mostly is about the xim3 and not the gtmax adapter

its sad i know, but also understandable
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline eight bit bliss

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: eight bit bliss
« Reply #32 on: 08:13 AM - 04/29/12 »
So the xim3 can't run all three. Will there be an option through the manager to swap out between the smarts and ballistics? Or the xim3 just never going to run the ballistic

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:21 AM - 04/29/12 »
xim3 most likely never will get the ballistic translators as they require too much memory
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline bc992164

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:34 AM - 04/29/12 »
Well we have a ballistics editor right now.... Why can't/ or will an official app be released to support ballistics editor with the XIM3.  Also maybe we should get a sample curve.

I actually liked the ballistics curve editor... however I had no clue what to do except try different curves.
Since the app had no "SAVE" feature... for multiple curves on a game it became pretty hard to configure.

Maybe if we knew the values that the Smart Translator Chuns out for accel/decel... it would help me visually see what's going on in game.

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:58 AM - 04/29/12 »
Or maybe we could release an alternative firmware update on XIM3 that would include the ballistics editor at the expense of smart adv and standard? That way people can try the new ballistic editor  and if they dont like it, go back to firmware which has smart adv and standard. Is this possible?

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #36 on: 10:59 AM - 04/29/12 »
I'm already in the process to sell mine....can't wait for EDGE!

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11:21 AM - 04/29/12 »
I'm already in the process to sell mine....can't wait for EDGE!

Jumping the gun a wee bit seeing as no release date has been given? Do you not use it much?

Offline COD-peace

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11:24 AM - 04/29/12 »
WOW! I'm in shock. Almost incredulous. I bought the XIM3+gtmax literally a few months ago.

Regarding Threewheels' comment above. What about the converse? That is, if you have a XIM3 and are a PS3 user, should you sell the XIM3 and get the XIM edge?

sorry to say this but yes

ive asked obsiv twice if he doesnt want to release the ps3 edge translators also for xim3, but this wont happen
the gtmax is a part of the chain he doesnt trust, and when theres just one user being not satisfied the negative feedback mostly is about the xim3 and not the gtmax adapter

its sad i know, but also understandable

Thanks. I was afraid of that.

But I'm a big boy and I know that 'it's just business', so I'll accept that.

After a couple glasses of scotch, I've come to the conclusion that in keeping the XIM3, for now, I'll be in the SAME position I was just a few days ago:

I have an adapter that's made for the 360 that just happens to work on the PS3. It will be able to use STs that may or may not work on the PS3 in the future (even though some STs will actually be made for the PS3 via XIM-E).

So I'm actually ok. And a little hungover.

Luckily I got one of those extended warranties when I bought the XIM3 (3rd party). So when the warranty runs out and the extended one kicks in, my XIM3 is going to coincidentally fail to work....Always have a backup plan!

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #39 on: 12:18 PM - 04/29/12 »
Oh the price of progress, my Xim3 is only 8 months old any chance of a trade in......LOL
I would never part with it for all the tea in China.
I will most definetly purchase the XimE, just to ditch the oh so rubbish max adapter thingy.

You guys also lost me with the curve editor ballistics thingy, I come from an earlier age of the PC my first was a yuk ZX81 then the ZX Spectrum oh how things have changed over the years.

Instead of us all pestering the developers for info why don't we just all wait till the team release the XimE officially, that way they can concentrate on brining it to market instead of waisting their time asking needless questions which will be answered when its released. Just a thought.

Offline eight bit bliss

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: eight bit bliss
« Reply #40 on: 01:04 PM - 04/29/12 »
Or maybe we could release an alternative firmware update on XIM3 that would include the ballistics editor at the expense of smart adv and standard? That way people can try the new ballistic editor  and if they dont like it, go back to firmware which has smart adv and standard. Is this possible?
this is what i was trying to say but you did it better then me

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #41 on: 04:52 PM - 04/29/12 »
I assume part of what allowed this to work was me pointing out the PS3's generic USB controller support? When I had pointed it out via PM you did seem to have that spark of an idea.

I suppose there's no chance of getting the XIM3 to have PS3 support directly, even through an alternate FW, at this point, eh?

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:22 PM - 04/29/12 »
Oh the price of progress, my Xim3 is only 8 months old any chance of a trade in......LOL
I would never part with it for all the tea in China.
I will most definetly purchase the XimE, just to ditch the oh so rubbish max adapter thingy.

You guys also lost me with the curve editor ballistics thingy, I come from an earlier age of the PC my first was a yuk ZX81 then the ZX Spectrum oh how things have changed over the years.

Instead of us all pestering the developers for info why don't we just all wait till the team release the XimE officially, that way they can concentrate on brining it to market instead of waisting their time asking needless questions which will be answered when its released. Just a thought.

Will have an old timer in here lol. Z8 wasnt that late 70s early 80s?

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #43 on: 06:05 PM - 04/29/12 »
No.  I use my XIM3 a ton.  Got a guy who's interested, so if he's game for his 360, I'll send it his way.  Not going to sell officially until released.  Offered me 125 including wired controller, which is fair since I used the absolute piss out of it over the past year or so and it covers my EDGE costs.....

PS3 smartys -- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, tasty. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline tHe sR5

• Team EWIX
    • View Profile
    • TeamEWIX
  • Gamertag: tHesR5
« Reply #44 on: 10:18 PM - 04/29/12 »
So OBsIV just to clarify, this will need XIM Bridge to function?

-XIM3-
G5 2000dpi with G15 keyboard
30" HDMI Hanns-G Monitor

Team EWIX Member
http://teamewix.com