XIM Community

Is it XIM 3 vs XIM EDGE or Xim3 + Xim Edge  (Read 16059 times)

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Is it XIM 3 vs XIM EDGE or Xim3 + Xim Edge
« Reply #15 on: 07:44 PM - 04/28/12 »
since OBsIV already mentioned the ballistics editor, I'll try to explain it a bit more, as I had been using it to try different things.

Basically, it's for those guys that want acceleration, boost, negative acceleration, etc.  Instead of having smart advanced, Edge will let you do this manually, through a visual interface.   You can see the 1:1 slope of the ST on the graph, and you just pick which part of the curve you want to change. 

You can move the whole curve, or just part of it.  So if you want slow, linear aiming at lower mouse speeds, and then a jump in speed at high mouse speeds for quick turns, you can do that.

If you want to boost the lower end of the curve for quicker low speed response, you can do that too.  it's really intuitive once you start using it. 

Glenn, my guess is that these curves could be cross platform, since they are based off the ST which is linear/1:1.  So your changes are compared to a 1:1 slope on each console.  there may be some tweaking necessary, but the basics of the curve should work regardless of platform.

So what your saying it when you edit the settings you are able to see in real time on a graph how far or close it is to 1:1 if so thats cool.
For xbox people who don't have XIM3, then they have two pretty awesome options.

Well put, Threewheels, thank you. :)

Threewheels is right on -- this is why XIM Edge isn't called "XIM4".

Its a side grade not a full out new tech.

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:45 PM - 04/28/12 »
So basically apart from the LCD the xim3 and xim edge are basically the same and peform the same, also apart from smart advanced and ballistics.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:50 PM - 04/28/12 »
i like it, dont forget to label it that way as it might create some questions among customers :)

third and last, is there just one ximE version, you can use for both xbox and ps3
or do you have to decide what console you have at home and make the correct purchase

the reason i ask is the picture shown in the video with the two lights, also you said ps3 runs in 100hz and different controller handling, therefore maybe the two consoles need a "different" ximE
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:56 PM - 04/28/12 »
The edge was created to handle both platforms Od1n.  It has the ability to switch up the controller timing, So only one Edge is needed for both consoles.   I don't think XIM3 has this ability, which is why a new device had to be created (OBsIV, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Offline SiNister

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:59 PM - 04/28/12 »
The edge was created to handle both platforms Od1n.  It has the ability to switch up the controller timing, So only one Edge is needed for both consoles.   I don't think XIM3 has this ability, which is why a new device had to be created (OBsIV, please correct me if I'm wrong).

Hey threewheels, how does changing your settings work in-game since theres no LCD?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:02 PM - 04/28/12 »
obsiv answered on this before i think

you have to make smart translator profiles and so on via pc, also switch between them
the device itself allows you to set sensitivity and so on with some knobs

at least thats what i read out of the post somewhere in that 5 paged topic in xim edge discussion
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08:06 PM - 04/28/12 »

Hey threewheels, how does changing your settings work in-game since theres no LCD?

nda. We can only reiterate what Obsiv has already talked about.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline SiNister

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:09 PM - 04/28/12 »

nda. We can only reiterate what Obsiv has already talked about.

Righto bucko  :-X

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08:12 PM - 04/28/12 »
I think a lot of questions will be answered when the user manual that Obsiv mentioned is released.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #24 on: 08:49 PM - 04/28/12 »
So the Edge has that ballistics curve thing?  I thought that idea got debated to death and shot down in the RC board months ago.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: Re: Is it XIM 3 vs XIM EDGE or Xim3 + Xim Edge
« Reply #25 on: 09:00 PM - 04/28/12 »
So the Edge has that ballistics curve thing?  I thought that idea got debated to death and shot down in the RC board months ago.

That's because the dumbs didn't get it :P
It'll be be better than standard for sure.

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:53 PM - 04/28/12 »
I don't think XIM3 had enough memory to have the ballistics editor and be able to keep a lot of the features already on it, so it was set aside.  The Edge won't have all the features XIM3 does, but it will have ballistics.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: Re: Is it XIM 3 vs XIM EDGE or Xim3 + Xim Edge
« Reply #27 on: 09:56 PM - 04/28/12 »
I don't think XIM3 had enough memory to have the ballistics editor and be able to keep a lot of the features already on it, so it was set aside.  The Edge won't have all the features XIM3 does, but it will have ballistics.

If I remember correctly its because people didn't want to give up their standard translator

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #28 on: 11:22 PM - 04/28/12 »
Yeah... Standard and Smart Advanced would've had to go bye byes.

Offline COD-peace

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:56 AM - 04/29/12 »

for XBOX people that already have a XIM3, I can't say I see a need to switch to the edge.  For xbox people who don't have XIM3, then they have two pretty awesome options.

WOW! I'm in shock. Almost incredulous. I bought the XIM3+gtmax literally a few months ago.

Regarding Threewheels' comment above. What about the converse? That is, if you have a XIM3 and are a PS3 user, should you sell the XIM3 and get the XIM edge?