XIM Community

Why should I get the XIM? I am a PC COD2 fps'er.  (Read 1644 times)

Offline spacemanspliff

• View Profile
Why should I get the XIM? I am a PC COD2 fps'er.
« on: 08:15 AM - 02/18/09 »
Sell me on the reasons why I should bother with the XIM2? I only play cod2 mods online atm. I hate cod4 and waw b/c of the obvious gimmicks and pandering to dummies. Is there another game worth playing online w/ the 360 that a m/kb really helps with? Just trying to understand how effective this all is. I use my 360 mostly to play sports games and skate. I was also considering getting a PS3 mostly for blu-ray and music though. I'm old and crusty so pardon my lack of enthusiasm for anything gaming these days. It sucks when you start thinking, @#$%? back in the day, they made REAL fps, not this watered down mamby pamby crapola. lol

Anyway, cheers and keep up the efforts. Somebody has to.

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
Re: Why should I get the XIM? I am a PC COD2 fps'er.
« Reply #1 on: 01:02 PM - 02/18/09 »
You pretty much answered your own question. You dont like cod 4/5 so scratch those....umm, maybe halo 3? But thats about it.

Offline spacemanspliff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:14 AM - 02/19/09 »
Ok. The PS3 multi fps does not appear to have much support yet either. Just checking. Maybe in the future yeah.

Offline Uncarved

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:19 PM - 02/20/09 »
I hear ya man. If you don't like CoD4 etc you won't like Halo 3. Gears of War is definitely worth checking out though, apparently XIM360 works excellently in Gears 2. Though the game is still being patched up to a playable state, next patch due any day now should be the one that gets it there.

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:46 AM - 02/26/09 »
I'll start out by saying that I've been playing FPS's since Spear of Destiny came out (which is the sequel to Wolfenstein 3D).  I've also had some success playing in tournements on the former DWANGO, so I've been playing FPS's for a while.

On the Xbox360, I personally like that everyone is using the same hardware.  No one has a faster processor, better graphics card, or more ram.  Yea, there might be slight difference in internet or displays but it nowhere near the difference between an up to date PC and an old one.  I personally got to the point where my my PC was limiting performance in Q3a.  Then I got to the point where I only had laptops that were not good for gaming.

Are the current FPS games a different flavor?  Yes, but I'm always up for a challenge and there are some highly skilled people on Xbox Live.  It is a lot harder to dominate on the current FPS games compared to the old ones, but it makes it all the more satisfying when you do.

Offline Apoculos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:06 PM - 02/26/09 »
The reason I got it was Gears of War 2. Been well worth it. I've played ALOT of fps over the years and I don't know why, but I just love this game.
gt: Solucopa

Admin