XIM Community

Config for BF3 Jets?  (Read 2338 times)

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
Config for BF3 Jets?
« on: 09:23 AM - 04/01/12 »
anyone got  a good config thats identical to PC version?

Offline troysloth

• MVP
  • Semper Fi, Do or Die, OORAH!!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jarhead xSSGTx
Re: Config for BF3 Jets?
« Reply #1 on: 07:15 AM - 04/03/12 »
Your best bet is to get a Logitech Attack 3 joystick.  Only $17.99 at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963291-0403-Attack-3-Joystick/dp/B0000ALFC5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333458755&sr=8-1

You can have a keyboard, joystick, and mouse all plugged into the XIM3 at the same time if you use a USB hub.  Here is a pic:
Staff Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, Retired (1984-2004)
Distinguished Marksman 1993, Distinguished Pistol Shot 2002

Marine Corps Marksmanship:  You can run, but you will just die tired.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."  John J. Pershing, General, United States Army, World War 1

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."  Ronald Reagan, 1985

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:21 PM - 04/03/12 »
can you switch between both on the fly?

Offline troysloth

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:05 AM - 04/04/12 »
Yes, using switchers you can switch to whatever controls you want.  I use the joystick and mouse when on foot and switch to joystick and keyboard for vehicles and aircraft.  Works great.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."  John J. Pershing, General, United States Army, World War 1

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."  Ronald Reagan, 1985

Offline kraiford12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:45 AM - 04/24/12 »
What USB hub do you use?

I already have a switcher to switch between pc/xbox.

I assume you use the hub and plug your mouse/joystick into it?

Meaning, how is your setup configed? Something like this?

Keyboard --------- XIM----Xbox
                             /
Mouse-----HUB----/
Joystick----/

Like your hub plugs into the mouse port on the back of the xim and you have your mouse/joystick pluged into the hub?

Also, what is your Jet ST?

I'll award you 1 internet for answering all of the above questions

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:57 AM - 04/24/12 »
Your best bet is to get a Logitech Attack 3 joystick.  Only $17.99 at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-963291-0403-Attack-3-Joystick/dp/B0000ALFC5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333458755&sr=8-1

You can have a keyboard, joystick, and mouse all plugged into the XIM3 at the same time if you use a USB hub.  Here is a pic:

Any chance you could post a vehicle gameplay? I'm sure plenty of people around here would love to see it in action.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline th3darkmarket

• Gym Rat Gamer
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: tightpantstom
  • PSN ID: tightpantstom
« Reply #6 on: 12:22 PM - 04/24/12 »
double up on the request for a gameplay.

Offline troysloth

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:03 AM - 04/26/12 »
Sorry I don't play that often and have no way of posting a video for it.  I play a lot of racing games with my other gaming toys:

Here is the USB hub I use: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E23ZE6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

Only $3.19 with free shipping, took about 3 days to get to me in Maryland.

I plug my Cyber Snipa Gamepad and Attack 3 joystick into the hub, then the hub into the XIM3.  I plug the G700 mouse wireless receiver directly into the XIM3.

On my gaming surface, I have my keyboard on the left, joystick in the middle, mouse on the right.

In infantry mode I use the mouse in my right hand for aiming, joystick in left hand for movement.

In vehicles and aircraft I switch to a different config and use the joystick in right hand for aiming turrets on tanks and pitch/roll on aircraft.  I use the keyboard with left hand for throttle/thrusters and turning/yaw on vehicles and aircraft.  You can map any key on the joystick and keyboard for other functions.