XIM Community

Multiple Actions bound to a single key/mouse button?  (Read 2752 times)

Offline OzzieBattla

• View Profile
hey all, new ximmer here and loving it, such a good product thankyou to all involved.

anyways guys ive been reading so much before i got my xim yesterday and i really didnt want to ask things that have been covered before and for the most part i have everythng sorted but i cant for the life of me find out what i need on this one.

I think I read somebody had run/hold breath and ads bound to the same right click of mouse button for mw3.. is this possible and is this a matter of going to edit config and just assigning right mouse click to xbox RS and xbox LT.. ?

i recieved my xim 2nd hand from ebay and it had a mw3 profile setup already but its not current and im just going to restore factory defaults tonight and start fresh using both a hip and ads profile with the delay setup.. the only other question i had which i should search for but may as well ask now that im here is does anybody know off the top of your head what the delay in (ms) should be for that mw3 ads profile?

thanks in advance for any comments i appreciate it :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Multiple Actions bound to a single key/mouse button?
« Reply #1 on: 11:42 PM - 03/11/12 »
Welcome to the community. 120ms is a common Delay for CoD. I'm sure others will chime in with what they use too.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline OzzieBattla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:06 AM - 03/12/12 »
thanks for your quick response OBsiv i appreciate it mate.

i found a post similar to my question on multiple binding saying that you can do what i want .. meaning two actions on the same right mouse button its here..

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=9012.0

but i just want to confirm this is done via button assignment  in the edit config area of the xim ?

i was also wondering if the reply in the above mentioned post is current in terms of being able to bind a single function to multiple keys ie: binding ads to say right mouse click and maybe "space bar"  ... can this be done also now?
thanks guys.. :)

Offline Adzie

• If at first you don't succeed respawn & try again
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AdzXT
« Reply #3 on: 12:30 AM - 03/12/12 »
i was also wondering if the reply in the above mentioned post is current in terms of being able to bind a single function to multiple keys ie: binding ads to say right mouse click and maybe "space bar"  ... can this be done also now?
thanks guys.. :)

In regards to the original question, I don't see why not. But in CoD, it might not work. I accidentally once set Reload and Melee to the same key on my keyboard and whenever I pressed it it would only detect the reload action.

As for the question quoted, nope. The way it works is that you bind a keyboard key to a controller key. So unless you assign the same action to two different controller buttons (don't even think any game will allow you to do that) and then assign the different keyboard keys for each button, it won't work.
Not sure if any of that made sense, so I'll try again with an example.

Assume you want to assign jump to spacebar and LAlt, and on your controller it's the default A button. You can only set one key on your keyboard to be mapped to the controller A; either LAlt or Spacebar.
But, if you were to somehow set A and B on your controller to Jump (which I doubt is possible), then you could set spacebar to A and LAlt to B, which would give you both keys assigned to the same action.

Xbox 360 Resident Evil Limited Edition | Logitech G700 | Microsoft SideWinder X6 | TurtleBeach X11
Intel Q9650 @ 4GHz | Mushkin Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | Zotac Nvidia GTX 470 | 2x Vertex 2E 60GB (RAID0) | Custom Watercooling Loop

Offline OzzieBattla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:36 AM - 03/12/12 »
thanks adzie, you were right about the first question. i found this thread just now and there is a good gameplay video of "stetab" doing exactly what im talking about , man it looks like fun i cant wait for my g700 to get here in the mail (hopefully tomorrow :) )

the post and his video are here for any that are interested:

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=19810.0

great gameplay stetab by the way :)

so yeah that answers my questions pretty well, i guess i probably should have known the answer to my other question which was can you assign multiple keys to 1 function ie: right mouse button and spacebar both toggle ADS.. i just thought maybe there was some way in xim manager or some fancy way running through a computer that would let you assign two keys to one job.. oh well thats ok :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 08:52 AM - 03/12/12 »
You can bind up to 2 keys to a single Xbox button (via XIMManager) and you can bind a single key to multiple Xbox buttons (via your XIM3 or XIMManager).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline OzzieBattla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:55 PM - 03/12/12 »
oh wow thats great news, i just received my g700 ten minutes ago so when i get home from work im gonna get right into tweaking . i tell ya i just wish i had of known about this thing years ago , i cant beleive i never heard of it before 4 weeks ago(i wonder how many aussies are running around with these things) . pitty you cant get this product picked up by some sort of gameshop retailer.. thanks again obsiv for jumpin in with that info :)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:19 AM - 03/13/12 »
may i ask how you found out about the xim3? :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline OzzieBattla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:38 PM - 03/13/12 »
may i ask how you found out about the xim3? :)

umm i think it was a youtube video, yeah it was , and i was thinking how have i not seen all these vids before.. i watch a fair share of youtube vids.. i guess if your not familiar with the term xim3 or whatever then i may have just skimmed over those vids before in a list. come to think of it i think i was searching for a mates moab video when i stumbled on it.. from there i found this site and just started reading.. :)
i had a mixed night last night for my first attempts, i have a 2.0 kd on controller to start with and my weeklies have been running at around 2.5 for the last 2 months so i had no real reason to get a xim really i guess but i thought id give it a go, i started with a cybersniper keypad last night but the buttons gave me grief so i went to the ps3 move controller and i found it alot more natural, my accuracy was alot higher but i had alot of mixed games , some 20:5 some 8:8 so i need to keep persisting for abit before i know if its right for me..
i can tell you that it works exactly as advertised, i found the xim3 to be very accurate and responsive, the problem last night was in no way the xim3's fault it was purely my mouse skill or lack there of.. :)