XIM Community

The Official XIM "Post Your Setup Pics" Thread  (Read 131255 times)

Offline Mantesh

• iCan Always,
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: iMantesh
Re: The Official XIM "Post Your Setup Pics" Thread
« Reply #180 on: 02:42 AM - 08/26/19 »
Hello guys,

Im happy tone a part of this incredibly community (xim) but I'm still suffering of settings on PUBG PS4. I need somene who can help me to adjust my whole settings in xim and inside the game please.

it is my first time to use mouse and keyboard and I'm still can't control my aim and the speed (I'm lost).

Offline noddyuk

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 02:02 AM - 09/18/19 »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #182 on: 05:58 AM - 02/10/20 »
New streaming setup is almost...umm...setup. Excuse the over-gunned LED lighting, I had to crank it up to avoid bleaching the screens in the photo.

I decided the new 27L (7G) fish tank wasn't the smartest idea sitting in the middle of $10K+ of gaming equipment, so I took a quick snap before ripping that sucker outta there and moving it to a safer location  :o

A few retro consoles to drop into the spare shelves and the dishes are done. I'd love to slot a backlight into the Pip-Boy display, but that's beyond my meagre electronics skillz.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #183 on: 02:43 AM - 02/11/20 »
New streaming setup is almost...umm...setup. Excuse the over-gunned LED lighting, I had to crank it up to avoid bleaching the screens in the photo.

I decided the new 27L (7G) fish tank wasn't the smartest idea sitting in the middle of $10K+ of gaming equipment, so I took a quick snap before ripping that sucker outta there and moving it to a safer location  :o

A few retro consoles to drop into the spare shelves and the dishes are done. I'd love to slot a backlight into the Pip-Boy display, but that's beyond my meagre electronics skillz.
okť this looks sick.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #184 on: 07:52 PM - 05/15/20 »

Upgrade time...

43" 4K 120Hz Asus screen replaces the 32" 1080p Bravia. It's set it to ultrawide 3840 x 1440 for PC gaming and 4K for PS4. This may be replaced with a Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 240Hz 5120 x 1440 screen by year's end, depending on console specs and requirements.

CoolerMaster ControlPad has been added to XIM APEX / Titan Two setup for on-the-fly digital input &/or a macro-pad. GoPro Hero 5 + Lume Cube Air replaced the Razer Kiyo as the hand cam to reduce video lag in OBS.

A second HDMI matrix needs to be wired into the shelves for a Nintendo Switch and a few retro consoles, so it's not quite complete, but is getting there.

The kids go back to school in a week, so I'll start streaming again very soon. J2K at ConsoleTuner is working on something for OBS which I'm hoping to showcase asap.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xmarvlouslie
« Reply #185 on: 09:51 PM - 05/17/20 »
Brand new setup. PC courtesy of my Trump Bux. Likely the only time I'll directly thank a President for something.

PC Build:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H Motherboard.
Ryzen 3 3200g.
16 gigs of T-force VULCAN Z 3000.
Gigabyte RX 570 (4gig VRAM).
256 gig Team Group NVME boot drive.
4 TB Seagate USB 3.0 external "game drive".
550 Watt EVGA 80 Plus Gold PSU.

+ An Xbox One S, all run on a 32 inch Magnavox Roku TV. I swear, I'm going to upgrade to a proper desktop monitor soon, don't kill me.
« Last Edit: 10:06 PM - 05/17/20 by marvelouslie »

Offline ScopeLoc

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 03:30 PM - 05/22/20 »
Wow some of you have some nice setups. I will be truthful about mine its messy, so I'm not showing lol. I do lots of modding. But I will tell what my setup consist of. I use N52TE I have two one with cherrie red mod and one with reds and analog also. And I use the Asus gladius 2 mouse for it's great shape, sensor, and the fact that I can replace switches easy without soldering like I had to do with the G9X.

I will say that of my two pads I do prefer wasd instead of analog stick. But if I really stuck with it maybe it would grow on me.

Offline ScopeLoc

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 03:38 PM - 05/22/20 »
Hello Antithesis, I have had conversations with you on another site where you helped me with coding. I saw your setup and seen you are left handed. Nice setup. I also saw the modular controll pad you are using. Can you give a quick review on the quality of it and if it works with XIM. I will assume yes being you are on this site. Also one more the split keyboard will it work with XIM? I have disability and can not use just any controller. Thanks for any reply.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #188 on: 04:34 PM - 05/22/20 »
Hello Antithesis, I have had conversations with you on another site where you helped me with coding. I saw your setup and seen you are left handed. Nice setup. I also saw the modular controll pad you are using. Can you give a quick review on the quality of it and if it works with XIM. I will assume yes being you are on this site. Also one more the split keyboard will it work with XIM? I have disability and can not use just any controller. Thanks for any reply.
Hey Scope, the Ergodox EZ split kb works on XIM APEX, but it's very expensive. I use it mostly for work but can swap the right half of it across the desk to play console games. USB switching from Mac to XIM APEX is very reliable (unlike Windows 10) so swapping between devices is very simple.

The gamepad is an Azeron Compact. There's a thread dedicated to Azeron here - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71861. Azeron is right up there with XIMs and Titans in terms of the best console gaming purchases I've made. It's 3D-printed, so it lacks the finish of a mass-produced product, but it looks and feels hand-crafted and works great with XIM is almost every game (I prefer a kb for building in Fortnite).

The smaller keypad is a CoolerMaster ControlPad. More info here - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=86547.0. ControlPad's main feature is the analog switches, but it relies on PC software for analog mode. Digital (WASD) mode works on both XIM APEX and Titan Two. Titan Two can pass it through to XIM APEX in analog mode from PC via KMG Capture. Build quality is excellent and it's great if you want a small keypad for console gaming, but the workaround for analog input is expensive (PC and T2, as well as XIM APEX).

I prefer to use an Azeron for analog input and the ControlPad for digital input. Both can be connected to XIM APEX at the same time, but a power adapter is required, as well as a larger USB hub. I currently chain a couple of XIM APEX USB hubs, but have bought a Belkin powered mini 7-port USB hub to replace it (waiting for delivery).
« Last Edit: 04:55 PM - 05/22/20 by antithesis »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #189 on: 03:48 AM - 05/23/20 »
Upgrade time...

43" 4K 120Hz Asus screen replaces the 32" 1080p Bravia. It's set it to ultrawide 3840 x 1440 for PC gaming and 4K for PS4. This may be replaced with a Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 240Hz 5120 x 1440 screen by year's end, depending on console specs and requirements.

CoolerMaster ControlPad has been added to XIM APEX / Titan Two setup for on-the-fly digital input &/or a macro-pad. GoPro Hero 5 + Lume Cube Air replaced the Razer Kiyo as the hand cam to reduce video lag in OBS.

A second HDMI matrix needs to be wired into the shelves for a Nintendo Switch and a few retro consoles, so it's not quite complete, but is getting there.

The kids go back to school in a week, so I'll start streaming again very soon. J2K at ConsoleTuner is working on something for OBS which I'm hoping to showcase asap.
That... is a lot of stuff!

Iím not surprised, as youíve commented on your kit (and helped me with mine) many times, but, dang, six screens? It looks like you could launch satellites from there, dude!

Some quality tech youíve got. I especially like the chair. Iím looking for a fully loaded Herman Miller Aeron on eBay, right now, but Iím patiently waiting for a bargain.

Only a photo of one of your kids? You should love them all equally, antithesis! ;)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, GTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x .5 TB Samsung Evo SSD, 1TB Crucial MX 500, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #190 on: 05:09 AM - 05/23/20 »
Two screens, an iPad and a Google Home Hub Max. I use that mostly for family photos, Google Music, voice Google searches and streaming YouTube or Twitch while working on the Mac.

By the way, I got ControlPad working in analog mode via KMG Capture on Titan Two. Analog is better than a Wooting (not as shallow) but itís no Azeron. Really nice keypad, but Iíd rather a lefty Orbweaver.
« Last Edit: 04:13 PM - 05/23/20 by antithesis »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #191 on: 04:21 AM - 05/24/20 »
By the way, I got ControlPad working in analog mode via KMG Capture on Titan Two. Analog is better than a Wooting (not as shallow) but itís no Azeron. Really nice keypad, but Iíd rather a lefty Orbweaver.
Good work. So to go analogue Iíd have to buy a ControlPad and a T2? In your opinion, is it worth it?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, GTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x .5 TB Samsung Evo SSD, 1TB Crucial MX 500, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline ScopeLoc

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 07:36 AM - 05/24/20 »
Antithesis, I may try getting one of the printed controllers. You did a good job matching the colors. It's a great looking setup.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #193 on: 02:09 PM - 05/24/20 »
Good work. So to go analogue Iíd have to buy a ControlPad and a T2? In your opinion, is it worth it?
Itís not worth it. The ControlPad has great build quality, but I canít imagine itís selling well and likely wonít be supported for long.

I play mostly with Azeron these days and find the keypad pretty limiting by comparison. Itís good if I want to swap to WASD or use it as a macro-pad with T2, but I would rather use the Ergodox for the thumb cluster. An analog mod for Orbweaver or Tartarus would probably be the best option for right-handers.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #194 on: 02:10 PM - 05/24/20 »
Antithesis, I may try getting one of the printed controllers. You did a good job matching the colors. It's a great looking setup.
I have a backup Azeron Compact due next week that more closely matches the blue on the kb.

Admin