XIM Community

Low vs high sens, how about both  (Read 2033 times)

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
Low vs high sens, how about both
« on: 07:50 AM - 02/26/12 »
To all of you who use low mouse sens, this is prolly a no brainer but if you have a on the fly dpi switch on your mouse (aka sniper button) i play with sens low and set my sniper button to a high sens, now i can make sharp turns and snap snots just by holding the button when i move the mouse. takes a few games to get use to but after that it becomes very nice. Best of both worlds.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: Re: Low vs high sens, how about both
« Reply #1 on: 07:56 AM - 02/26/12 »
To all of you who use low mouse sens, this is prolly a no brainer but if you have a on the fly dpi switch on your mouse (aka sniper button) i play with sens low and set my sniper button to a high sens, now i can make sharp turns and snap snots just by holding the button when i move the mouse. takes a few games to get use to but after that it becomes very nice. Best of both worlds.

I just throw my mouse across the mat

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
Re: Low vs high sens, how about both
« Reply #2 on: 08:59 AM - 02/26/12 »
i find that annoying heh, dislike making big sweeps

Offline stoneyftw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:11 PM - 02/26/12 »
Tried it numerous times over my, uh, career.  Never benefitted me.  truth be told, I try not to put mysewlf into positions where I need to flik my mouse hard enough to need this.  If people are behind you, you've already done something wrong.

I can definitely see how it would benefit some players and play styles though.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Smig

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:28 PM - 02/26/12 »
I've been sniping a good bit lately but I never switch my sensitivity like I did when I was playing on console and would snipe. I guess this doesn't go for me though I play on a high sensitivity anyways :)

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:13 AM - 02/27/12 »
If people are behind you, you've already done something wrong.

such as.. purchase mw3?

Offline dmxdex

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:44 AM - 02/27/12 »
Im use my wrist and could never get use to really low sens.

Offline Dpechal

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Unknown
« Reply #7 on: 12:59 PM - 02/27/12 »
I use 28 hip 31 ads, when I make videos it looks like I am doing fast 360's at times, I don't mind it but I can understand when people watch the kill cam it could cause questions lol.

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #8 on: 03:40 PM - 02/27/12 »
I know most people dislike acceleration, but I use Smart Advanced w/ a little acceleration.  This way, I can run a lower senitvity without sacrificing fast twitch aiming.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Low vs high sens, how about both
« Reply #9 on: 03:51 PM - 02/27/12 »

I just throw my mouse across the mat

This is the way to go with the xim IMO. I was a very high sens. player untill I saw and felt the magic of low. When you make big movements there is more room for errors, also it helps break through aim-assist.
BFH

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:58 PM - 02/27/12 »
Yeah the main thing with Xbox is that we are all limited by the game. I black dot all the time on 5 so there's not a real advantage for me by going higher, I would just lose long range ability. There's no such thing as turning on someone in mw3 anyway unless they are completely bad. I would play lower but my cat @#$% me by being all up on my pad when I try to. I would go like 2 or 3 something if I had the space and a trained cat.

Offline g0retekz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: g0retkz
« Reply #11 on: 07:34 AM - 02/28/12 »
on mw3 i use my razer deathadder at 1800 dpi, primary sens is 19, secondary is 34, makes both hip and ads just about the same exact speed.

Offline sandak

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: msutome
« Reply #12 on: 08:38 AM - 02/28/12 »
I thought with the smart translators that if you had ADS 21 and hip at 21 that they would be the same?

Offline g0retekz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: g0retkz
« Reply #13 on: 09:18 AM - 02/28/12 »
well ads is slower, i think its 1/3 slower than hip. i may be using an older version of the smarty, i dunno.

i did it by measuring a 360 in hip then doing it the same in ads

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:11 AM - 02/28/12 »
do you have your ads translator set?