XIM Community

OMG can i please get a legit link to legit adapter....  (Read 1590 times)

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
my second adapter came in today after a long week of patiently waiting, the link was provided by odin here http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Controller-Converter-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00452D50G/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1329851146&sr=8-13

i did not receive the adapter in the picture, i received yet another pos from china.....this is getting very discouraging. Please someone give me a link to a legit working adapter my xim3 is collecting dust.

Offline JayOdom

• View Profile
Re: OMG can i please get a legit link to legit adapter....
« Reply #1 on: 12:19 AM - 02/26/12 »
my second adapter came in today after a long week of patiently waiting, the link was provided by odin here http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Controller-Converter-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00452D50G/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1329851146&sr=8-13

i did not receive the adapter in the picture, i received yet another pos from china.....this is getting very discouraging. Please someone give me a link to a legit working adapter my xim3 is collecting dust.

Bob,

I looked this up in my order history, so it is the exact one I purchased.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042SB2I0/ref=oh_o01_s00_i01_details

Twice the price as the one you linked, but its working very well for me.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:53 AM - 02/26/12 »
Your adapter is not the problem. They are all POS  from China and they all work the same. You are using a wired controller and not the rechargeable ones right? Something tells me there is a hitch in your setup. I think everything may be in working condition. You used preferred ports correct? you are using the GTMAX correctly right? you are using a mini usb to connect gtmax? If you could get a pic of how everything is connected we could at least cancel an error out.
BFH

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:57 AM - 02/26/12 »
I think i found the problem. when i was messing with the set up i unplugged my mouse and kb and left the controller plugged in. Then i realized that the xbox controller light finally came on and it registered on the xim, then i plugged the mouse and kb back in and then it stopped working. SO obviously the adapter works. my guess is the xim isnt getting enough power to power all 3 things. Ima pick up a 5v charger from radio shack after work and see if that fixes it.

Offline sbc2k1

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:25 AM - 02/26/12 »
I think i found the problem. when i was messing with the set up i unplugged my mouse and kb and left the controller plugged in. Then i realized that the xbox controller light finally came on and it registered on the xim, then i plugged the mouse and kb back in and then it stopped working. SO obviously the adapter works. my guess is the xim isnt getting enough power to power all 3 things. Ima pick up a 5v charger from radio shack after work and see if that fixes it.

do you see lightning bolts?

make sure to get the right charger as the wrong one will fry your xim. What peripherals do you use?

BFH

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:22 AM - 02/26/12 »
i use a hp keyboard and a corsair m60 vengeance mouse. the xim reads those fine. i didnt see lighting bolts tho i didnt pay much attention either. The charger port on the xim looks like a 5volt, is it?
Do you have a messenger i can contact you on we can troubleshoot this thing together sometime

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:59 AM - 02/26/12 »
power adapter wont help as long as there are no bolts on the screen

the mouse does work, so id try a different keyboard
from time to time some forum users reported that certain keyboards interfere with mice and make the whole setup unplayable
next time you come from work take the keyboard with you and test it at home with the xim3
or ask the neighbour, pretty much any keyboard will do it

btw the adapter has to work, its the correct one
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:23 AM - 02/26/12 »
Got ya, matter fact i got a logitech brand new in the box at home. I know the adapter works for sure now that i seen it working, i even messed with the xim3 config for a good 3 mins before i plugged something up for it not to work anymore and as u said it may well be the keyboard. fingers crossed i get off in an hour

Offline JayOdom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:25 PM - 02/26/12 »
Got ya, matter fact i got a logitech brand new in the box at home. I know the adapter works for sure now that i seen it working, i even messed with the xim3 config for a good 3 mins before i plugged something up for it not to work anymore and as u said it may well be the keyboard. fingers crossed i get off in an hour

Did it work?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:11 AM - 02/27/12 »
he told me with a psp charger it worked
somehow the whole system took too much power and the xim3 didnt notice
probably because of the gtmax in line

but everythings fine now :)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:56 AM - 02/27/12 »
Yes it worked, quick go get u a 5v ac charger and wait no longer!!!!!!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:34 AM - 02/27/12 »
brew your situation is an exception, usually you dont need a charger with the gtmax

if you want you can still play around and see what device is the powersoaking monster ;)