XIM Community

Question about my new monitor  (Read 850 times)

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
Question about my new monitor
« on: 01:39 AM - 02/22/12 »
Yea i got it all hooked up hd lookin good but i got no audio, how do you get audio to work? my monitor has no ports for headphones or speakers...

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Question about my new monitor
« Reply #1 on: 01:43 AM - 02/22/12 »
does the monitor have speakers at all?
you probably bought one without any audio at all, which is quite common

regular gaming monitors dont have audio-speakers
also those that do have sound really weird, you wouldnt want to listen to them

what you now need is a (cheap) headphone to connect it with the xbox and there you have your sound
or you use some external speakers if you have any, works the same way
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:51 AM - 02/22/12 »
well i hooked up the old av cables to my tv and went into ps3 sound settings and set output to av and turned multi devices on so that i got sound from my tv display on the monitor and it worked like a charm. Then something happened and i cant get it to work anymore, dont know what i did lol its buggin the crap outta me

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:13 AM - 02/22/12 »
so its a ps3 you are using right?

check the ps3 menu, you should be able to set the audio there, especially what output it uses
i guess the ps3 noticed you are using a different monitor now, and changed the settings to hdmi audio or so
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #4 on: 01:07 PM - 02/22/12 »
so its a ps3 you are using right?

check the ps3 menu, you should be able to set the audio there, especially what output it uses
i guess the ps3 noticed you are using a different monitor now, and changed the settings to hdmi audio or so

Yes, I was thinking this too. Once 'audio settings' is set to 'all outputs', it'll save the settings until a new monitor/tv is connected then you'll have to set the audio settings again.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:44 PM - 02/22/12 »
yeah i think you had a similar problem right greymouser?

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #6 on: 02:39 PM - 02/22/12 »
yeah i think you had a similar problem right greymouser?

Yes! Great memory you have there (or good use of 'search' function, lol).

Using a DSS for audio (with toslink output from PS3) and HDMI for video. PITA when watching a video with others through the PS3 as I would have to switch back to audio through HDMI. Found out the system settings option 'audio through all ports' (however it's worded) and that solved all hassles.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline BrewskieBob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:20 PM - 02/22/12 »
everything works good now, just had to redo the settings