XIM Community

XIM360 <3 - User Feedback and Comments  (Read 31520 times)

Offline Old Man Jeanty

• "We have found new ways to weaponize curiosity..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NaraShi_kamaru
Re: XIM360 <3 - User Feedback and Comments
« Reply #75 on: 12:21 AM - 06/08/10 »
I did not think this deserved a new thread.

The Halo 3 videos I have seen of the XIM2 looked promising. The motions made by those players I was easily able to relate with the motions I make on PC shooters. I understand the XIM2 is not perfect and is not optimal with Halo 3 compared to titles like CoD.

However, lack of performance isn't my fault either and I can't accept an adapter that cannot meet my expectations. Everything seemed fine until I observed a snipers match. Fine aiming was impaired because the reticle had the jitters. When the player zoomed the problem magnified and head shots looked more difficult to pull off than with the perfectly calm reticle when using the dreaded controller.

I predict this is a configuration problem. How rectifiable is this? May I sacrifice higher turn speeds for a steadier reticle? Having a steady reticle is crucial for me. In games where the character breathes, that is a predictable movement and I can compensate. Random jitters are not predictable and my coordination would be worse than with the controller.

My overall impression thus far is that the XIM2 is great if you casually game and don't want to learn the controller. Any of the posted videos appear nothing more than a maybe-above-average player fighting novice players. My interest is in gaining an edge for competitive games, not noob slaughtering, so how well does XIM2 stand up to that? I'd really enjoy watching a proven high-ranking match and observing the benefits then. Surely they are out there and I could use some guidance to them.

Halo 3's config is customizable to the sensitivity u want and i kno for myself i don't jitter. also i had a custom games match with my friends to test out my new XIM2 and i beat them all in three free for all matches and they are all legit 50's. COD is a dream with skippy's config so any issues like jitteriness is the players fault not the XIM's.

Offline Calcifer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Calciffer
« Reply #76 on: 09:52 AM - 06/30/10 »
I did not think this deserved a new thread.

The Halo 3 videos I have seen of the XIM2 looked promising. The motions made by those players I was easily able to relate with the motions I make on PC shooters. I understand the XIM2 is not perfect and is not optimal with Halo 3 compared to titles like CoD.

However, lack of performance isn't my fault either and I can't accept an adapter that cannot meet my expectations. Everything seemed fine until I observed a snipers match. Fine aiming was impaired because the reticle had the jitters. When the player zoomed the problem magnified and head shots looked more difficult to pull off than with the perfectly calm reticle when using the dreaded controller.

I predict this is a configuration problem. How rectifiable is this? May I sacrifice higher turn speeds for a steadier reticle? Having a steady reticle is crucial for me. In games where the character breathes, that is a predictable movement and I can compensate. Random jitters are not predictable and my coordination would be worse than with the controller.

My overall impression thus far is that the XIM2 is great if you casually game and don't want to learn the controller. Any of the posted videos appear nothing more than a maybe-above-average player fighting novice players. My interest is in gaining an edge for competitive games, not noob slaughtering, so how well does XIM2 stand up to that? I'd really enjoy watching a proven high-ranking match and observing the benefits then. Surely they are out there and I could use some guidance to them.

Halo 3's config is customizable to the sensitivity u want and i kno for myself i don't jitter. also i had a custom games match with my friends to test out my new XIM2 and i beat them all in three free for all matches and they are all legit 50's. COD is a dream with skippy's config so any issues like jitteriness is the players fault not the XIM's.

I had the same feelings when I got my XIM2. I started to play Halo 3 and noticed the cross-air bounced a little. I wasn't happy. You paid $200 for something that wasn't working. So I did the responsible thing and just read most of the FAQ and Help threads and found out to change my mouse. So I did. Now I know most people don't have different mice laying around the house but if you can afford a $200 controller for the 360 I am sure you can afford $40-$100 gaming mouse. This might not be your exact problem but 9 out of 10 its a problem with the mouse.

The XIM2 Community is pretty awesome. I have a couple guys on here that are on my 360 friends list and if I have a question about the XIM or a game they are more then happy to answer. That being said your more then welcome to add me or send me a PM if you have a question. I am a new user myself. I have had problems with the XIM but found fixes for it also.

As of right now, the Xim gets a 10 out of 10 from me. Its a wonderful piece of equipment. Once you get rid of the jitters it feels EXACTLY like a fps on the PC.  Its a amazing.

Tibbles I hope your get the problem fixed soon because your missing out on some good stuff. Take care man. And good luck.

Offline M1LSPEC

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 06:39 PM - 09/23/10 »
Hi, I got my xim2 in the mail today, windows 7 fought me for a little while but now my xim and g13/razer are up and running   ;D   I finally feel comfertable playing on a console, and I've noticed a dramatic increase in my K/D in Halo:Reach !!! So thanks for your hardwork and I  look foward to xim3  :D

Offline ishJJx3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ishJJx3
  • PSN ID: ishJJx3
« Reply #78 on: 01:40 AM - 09/29/10 »
Mine arrived today.

First game:

It's incredible.  I was just playing for 8 hours straight.
I was leading all of my games (:
I'm so happy.  It was definitely worth the wait <3

I hear that it works best on Call of Duty 4+.  
I'll be trying that out tomorrow (: !

EDIT: here's my first Modern Warfare 2 game.
I used to always be negative KD ratio in MW2, and the game disc was always sitting in the back of the shelf cause I barely got kills.  NOW look at me.

I had a big smile on my face throughout the entire game.  I'm so happy (:
Now I can't wait for Black Ops.
« Last Edit: 11:42 PM - 09/29/10 by ishJJx3 »
"No rain, no rainbow." -HMK

Offline fusion

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05:35 AM - 10/01/10 »
Ok, so this may be a little pre-mature as I've only had the xim for a day but here's how I see it at a glance.

The idea:
Me being a PC gamer for the past 9 years, I loved the idea of using a mouse and keyboard for a console game.

Purchasing/Shipping:
The same day it was purchased I had a UPS tracking number. Great service from the XIM crew. UPS took a week to get here but that is understandable and normal travelling from California to Massachusetts.

Unpacking/Setup:
It came in a nicely packed box so I felt good knowing that it probably had not been damaged. On the lid of the box was a check list. Although "Pamphlet" was checked off, all I received was the XIM and a CD for the software which we will get to in a minute.

I'm no fool (or so I'd like to think so) so I figured even without instructions I could easily find them on the website. This could also be why there was no pamphlet included, because I see setup may be different from all users and I suppose this could force people to make sure they do it right. It was just confusing having it checked off and it not being there :).

Setup was very easy if you followed the steps in the forum, I'm a Windows 7 64-bit user and it setup correctly the first time I used it. The only problem was the disc/software I received yesterday was an outdated version of the software so I had to repeat the steps twice. Installing the software over itself seemed to cause problems for me. Now I'm not griping about the fact I had to do it twice, yes I should have known to check the manufacturers website for udpated software, I just figured I would get the newer version since it was released in 09.

Anyway, after resetting everything up, I was ready to rock and roll.

Configuration:
Pretty straight forward, I've only had this for a day but everything seems to make sense. I recommend to people to work off of other peoples settings who have a similar hardware setup, and tweak it how you see fit. I use an mx518 as I have always found it a good mouse to use in PC games (I've played too many competitively, quake3,cs,css,cod1,cod2,cod4,mw2,tf2,quakelive, etc), and it was refreshing to see people taking the time to give their configurations. The spreadsheet was awesome. http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=4973.0

Usage:
Now obviously if you think this is going to be just like using a mouse/kb on a PC then you are not using your head. The movement feels sluggish obviously and almost as what I would describe as a rubberband effect. A delay in what you do with your mouse and what happens in game. Now this is understandable as you have a lot of things working to translate the information. The negative acceleration built into the console/game is frustrating as you turn faster moving your mouse at a slower pace than a quick speed which is against the nature of a pc gamers reflexes.

In end, I still find it much more fun than using a console controller, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a mouse/kb over a console controller. I think that with some more configuring I may be able to get it to a point where I feel a lot more comfortable. XIM3 sounds exciting and from what I've seen may reduce the delay from the usage of the device the game so I look forward to getting that when it's released.

Cheers

Offline PIX3L

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PIX3L the i is a L
« Reply #80 on: 03:53 PM - 11/01/10 »
my game from this afternoon on CoD4, cant wait for black ops!

PIXEL knows how to deflect the attention from arguing to something more enjoyable without writing 1 word...  ???

INarguably the COOLEST person on the Forum!

Offline xKurupt

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 04:33 PM - 11/09/10 »
Just got my xim today. Just wanted to say that it's worth the $200. I literally sold my ps3 for an xbox just to get this controller because the fragfx for ps3 blows. I was also impressed when I opened the package to find a black controller to match my new slim console instead of the white one. Overall great product.

Offline sirhc

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 04:53 PM - 11/20/10 »
Well I got my xim yesterday after debating on Getting it for about a year.  Installed it and started playing Blackops.  The gameplay was good bu lt not what I was Hoping for.  It was jerky and a little hard to controll.

I've been playing fps games for about 12 years and love them. So I guess I was expecting the exact game play as a PC.  Well I played for about an hour ans decided to get a config off the forums. I located a config for mymouse, xm518, for MW2 and tested it out. It was a night and day difference. It was no longer jerky and felt like I was playing my computer. The only thing I noticed was different was I can not move my mouse exremly fast accross my mouse pad. When I do that it causes me to move slower In game. Now thisight be caused by my low dpi mouse, so I'm going to pick a new one up soon.

Other then that this is the best thing made for the xbox. If you want to play xbox with a louse and keyboard, this is what you need.

It's a must buy.   

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 04:57 PM - 11/20/10 »
The only thing I noticed was different was I can not move my mouse exremly fast accross my mouse pad. When I do that it causes me to move slower In game. Now thisight be caused by my low dpi mouse, so I'm going to pick a new one up soon.

Yes and no. Recalibrate just for the heck of it, but also keep in mind that every config is going to feel different. More importantly though is that xbox games have a look speed velocity, once you reach the cap your movement slows down. You can definitely find a happy medium in a game like COD though, other games are not as forgiving.. IE the fallout series.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Madvillan

• Everyone needs a VLN.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ask For It ;)
« Reply #84 on: 01:50 PM - 12/02/10 »
Got my XIM on Tuesday, havn't gotten to play with it, but I just had a quick question, Are the Triggers not supposed to work on the controller until you use a config? I've tried every other button, and they work, just not the triggers...
i never miss

You just transformed it into a ghetto xim edge

sshhh don't scare away the unicorn

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 01:59 PM - 12/02/10 »
The triggers and analog sticks will not work unless you have everything plugged in and the software is running.

Offline Madvillan

• Everyone needs a VLN.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ask For It ;)
« Reply #86 on: 02:09 PM - 12/02/10 »
The triggers and analog sticks will not work unless you have everything plugged in and the software is running.

Thanks for letting me know mist :)
Hopefully tomorrow after work I get some time to play around with it
i never miss

You just transformed it into a ghetto xim edge

sshhh don't scare away the unicorn

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 02:34 PM - 12/02/10 »
No problem, give these a read if you haven't already. I'd especially skim through the support faq so if you do have an issue you may refer back to it later.

Welcome to the community! Be sure to read through our FAQ's so you're prepared for your xim's arrival.

XIM FAQ / BIBLE
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1796.0

If you have windows 7 or vista be sure to read this before installing.
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=3195.0

Check out the support faq for solutions, tips and tricks
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=4172.0

This should give you an understanding on how configs work.
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=493.0

Yes the mouse you use makes a difference! Read about it here.
http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=3286.0

Offline 09190

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 05:11 AM - 12/26/10 »
I recently got a Xim360 that had some solder problem which ShippingGuy awesomely offered to have repaired so I sent it in.  Using a friends Xim360 for a week or so, and I can say I am finally enjoying FPS's on my Xbox.

Most of my friends, not having gaming grade computers but work laptops, would play on consoles so if I wanted to play with real friends, I would be playing with a controller and shooting everywhere BUT where it mattered.  I was the unbeatable guardian of the lowest 3 positions.  This made gaming on Xbox quite frustrating as when I played the same games on PC, I would make the shots, and actually enjoy the game better than being target practice for others.

I'm still working on getting the configs right, but man at least now I can aim where I meant to, make those obvious shots and enjoy the game.

Thanks to all the Xim team for making such a wonderful product.

Offline IvanSFHC

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 11:02 AM - 01/02/11 »
Hi Everyone,

Im New.
Just got my XIM2 a couple of days ago.

1st impressions were not quite good, i could not make a decent config for MW2...
The whole things felt jerky and as if the mouse was non-responsive

A couple of hours ago i finally found the right config for both mw2 and bf1943 and now i can say the xim is amazing, very good job.

« Last Edit: 04:23 PM - 01/02/11 by IvanSFHC »