XIM Community

XIM360 <3 - User Feedback and Comments  (Read 31528 times)

Offline be_

• View Profile
Re: XIM360 <3 - User Feedback and Comments
« Reply #30 on: 11:39 PM - 02/19/09 »
This is one of the coolest experiences of gaming ever! Definately an OMG moment... I feel like I'm playing a PC game. This is a brilliant device and it deserves a lot of praise. I'm only barely getting into tweaking, but even at the beginning I was impressed with the setup. This kicks so much @#$%!

Offline ninj0r

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05:02 PM - 02/21/09 »
The XIM 360 is amazing. I'm glad I waited for it instead of xfps/xim1.

Offline Shrimpanzee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shrimpanzee
« Reply #32 on: 05:07 PM - 02/21/09 »
The xim360 is better than instant noodles.

Offline bobawpsol

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11:39 AM - 02/23/09 »
Used it at my brother house on COD:4 and COD:WaW and with those games its so much like a PC its unreal, still don't know how effective it is in games like GoW until i get mine though.

Offline tameanaka

• MVP
  • お前はも死んでいる。
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:12 PM - 02/23/09 »
One word or description can describe my experience with the xim.  I haven't been able to play with it fully yet, but let's just say my kd ratio went from 0-1, to 3-4.  That's only after playing about an hour or so.  I definitely need to tweak my config so it's just right then I'll really be rockin.

Offline kdembeck

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 10:17 AM - 02/27/09 »
Spent a lot of time last night messing with all the settings on COD4. I was able to get it fairly close to a PC feel. It's amazing the control some of these kids have with their thumb sticks. I was able to play almost on par with the clan kids and their amazing thumb dexterity.

I played some CAL and TWL in cod4 on PC a while back so I'm not totally new to this game or it's capabilities. I know how a PC is supposed to feel and this feels like you're controlling your xbox controller with your keyboard/mouse rather than controlling the game with your keyboard/mouse. This is mainly evident with mouse movements translated to stick input. The XIM360 software attempts to adjust the input to account for acceleration on the XBOX. It basically takes your mouse input and translates it into where the stick would be on the controller to create that same movement on screen and sends those signals, adjusting for any acceleration and dead zones. It does a good job, don't get me wrong. It's just not perfect. All I can describe it as is an "Off" feeling. It's as if I were playing on a PC and the sensitivity will fluctuate very slightly depending on what I was doing. Snapping to a target and quickly making that 2mm mouse adjustment to center your aim feels more difficult. A casual player may not notice this effect when all configuration is tweaked just right but someone with experience in getting the best control and performance out of a game will notice no matter how well tweaked.

I did not experience any noticeable lag in the input.

In conclusion, this is a great little gadget. I tried the thumb sticks and I can't hit a car sitting right in front of me without shooting out all the clouds first. This device has allowed me to play the game rather than the controller.

Suggestions (these are all software based):
1. Ability to bind multiple keys to the same controller button.
2. Ability to toggle an entire profile rather than just a secondary sensitivity. This would be nice for toggling a larger dead zone when you are zoomed or ironsighted in. In the case of cod4, when zoomed in the controller stick must be pushed further in a direction to be able to look around in that direction. When not zoomed, the stick only needs to be partially pushed in a direction to look in that direction. A larger dead zone would cause the stick to be pushed out more when looking.
3. Ability to add a pause when toggling. In cod the game would take about a full second to go from normal view to zoomed view. Only when it completed this transition did the in-game sensitivity change. It would be nice to be able to add a pause time to synchronize the sensitivity changes on both the in-game and XIM360 sensitivity settings. A lot of the time I found myself zooming in while moving for a quick shot only to find that my sensitivity changed a lot faster than the game's did which resulted in my reticule overshooting and being completely off target by the time the zoom animation completed.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 10:37 AM - 02/27/09 »
Suggestions (these are all software based):
1. Ability to bind multiple keys to the same controller button.
2. Ability to toggle an entire profile rather than just a secondary sensitivity. This would be nice for toggling a larger dead zone when you are zoomed or ironsighted in. In the case of cod4, when zoomed in the controller stick must be pushed further in a direction to be able to look around in that direction. When not zoomed, the stick only needs to be partially pushed in a direction to look in that direction. A larger dead zone would cause the stick to be pushed out more when looking.
3. Ability to add a pause when toggling. In cod the game would take about a full second to go from normal view to zoomed view. Only when it completed this transition did the in-game sensitivity change. It would be nice to be able to add a pause time to synchronize the sensitivity changes on both the in-game and XIM360 sensitivity settings. A lot of the time I found myself zooming in while moving for a quick shot only to find that my sensitivity changed a lot faster than the game's did which resulted in my reticule overshooting and being completely off target by the time the zoom animation completed.

1.  This can be done if you edit your config in notepad.  Just add a comma and the key assignment.  i.e. "A=KeyW,KeyQ"
2.  Totally agree with you, several of us have lobbied OBsIV with this idea.  I imagine he'll implement a feature like this once he finishes his current project.
3.  You want to change in-game sensitivity on the fly as well?  I think just having a hot-swappable config would solve your issues, there's no need to mess with in-game settings too.

Offline kdembeck

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 10:47 AM - 02/27/09 »

3.  You want to change in-game sensitivity on the fly as well?  I think just having a hot-swappable config would solve your issues, there's no need to mess with in-game settings too.

No, I want to be able to adjust the current sensitivity toggle in the XIM software. Right now it toggles immediately. When I hit the toggle button (my zoom button) I want to be able to wait for 1 full second, then toggle. I want to be able to introduce a delay in the XIM toggle time to compensate for the in-game delayed sensitivity toggle when zooming.

Offline kdembeck

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11:04 AM - 02/27/09 »
I think I may take a run at AutoHotkey to introduce that delay.

Offline ERIKTHEVIKING

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08:47 AM - 03/01/09 »
Hey Kdembeck...

I loved this description, couldn't have said it better myself.. LMFAO  ;D

"I tried the thumb sticks and I can't hit a car sitting right in front of me without shooting out all the clouds first".

Offline joelmorton

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12:51 PM - 03/01/09 »
Hi folks,

Just showing some love for the XIM2 and some comments on my 2 days alone with it so far. 

Something weird just happened about an hour ago while obliterating on some random cod:[email protected] map. I felt, almost... a pang of... guilt? It was the same feeling as if I was cheating, hehe.. has anyone else felt that, honestly?

I am by no means a "pro" gamer, and getting up there in years as well (33) but seriously, going 38-2 a few times in an hour on TDM in World at War while not on a tank map (I am unstoppable in a tank) is making me start to look over my shoulder.  ;D

Anyway, I think because I was a mouser for years, it all started to come back. I finally got the bad XFPS movement habits out of my system and started to game like a PC gamer, everything just started to click today.. and.. ohmyjesus... let's just leave it at that.

I kinda don't want to play S&D due to the generous camera time teammates get on you to think "@#$% AIMBOT?" Seriously, there's absolutely no way a thumbstick can do the things I've been doing lately. And to someone who can, go back to the planet you came from!  :D

What's really funny is getting caught with your pants down (reloading, aiming down sight in the opposite direction, calling in radar/artilliary, etc), but then turning on a dime and completely shutting someone down who thought you were easy prey. On several occasions I did that now and every time I mouth a silent "holy hell" to myself, and keep moving.

Well, I think I've gushed enough for one day.

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01:25 PM - 03/01/09 »
Something weird just happened about an hour ago while obliterating on some random cod:[email protected] map. I felt, almost... a pang of... guilt? It was the same feeling as if I was cheating, hehe.. has anyone else felt that, honestly?

All the time. Amusing because no matter how much sense the equal limits/equal controller argument makes, it never feels that way while playing.

technogiant

« Reply #42 on: 08:33 PM - 03/06/09 »
I'm knackered...I've been tinkering with me xim360 for about 15 hours straight now since I had it this morning....It is really really good....I didn't get any instructions with mine but think I've just about worked it out...not sure how often and under what circumstances I'm meant to run the calibration program...just did it the once after the xim360 software install.(Haven't tried the dead zoner software yet just been pinching other peoples values)I've just been getting a feel for the way the various config settings affect the feel...
Real thanks to the xim team for a really great bit of kit

Offline ShippingGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12:26 AM - 03/07/09 »
I am sorry you did not get a manual. I send them out with all packages. I think it may have slip through the top cracks. We had some do that here so now we are packing them with the cd and the manual on the bottom of the controller. If you need one let me know, I will send you the PDF.

again I am sorry for the inconvenience we are trying real hard to make it right  :)

Steve

aka  ShippingGuy

Offline JKassu

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04:33 AM - 03/07/09 »
Hi,
after first evening playing experience I can confirm the superiority of this device. Being a lvl 50 already in team slayer I trust to be good in game play but when entering a BR dual or similar situation I tend to get outgunned by the young snappy-finger generals. Sniping is een worse for me. So I guess my skill is based on team play and using the map and weapons and playing smart instead of gung-ho...
...until yesterday when I just run around like a mad bull in a team swat and nothing (and I do mean nothing) could stop me.
I have fast Lan, BenQ 2400 HD, 1000 hz G9 and I always check my latency/lag in ms so that I can estimate how to lead my shots. I can tell you: if you want to practise something, practise leading your BR shots. SWAT play is very good for that.
Anyways, the new experience is because of Xim. Thanks to the whole team.
To the rest of you,
happy hunting.
SicknessenkciS