XIM Community

Help on getting my Max Shooter 2 for Xbox 360 to work  (Read 2178 times)

Offline orionth

• View Profile
I understand many believe the Max Shooter 2 to be inferior to all things and that's cool.  I did purchase one and the thing does not work per the instructions.  I have tried 3 different mice and keyboards.  I do not use a XIM because my understanding is the MS2 does not require it.  Is this true?  If it is then what exactly must I do to get the thing to work?  The instructions state I just have to plug the MS2 into the 360 then plug in my mouse, keyboard and 360 wired controller in to the MS2.  Then the little connection light on the MS2 should come on and I am good to go.  I am using a microsoft mouse with PS/2 and a microsoft keyboard in USB.  Not sure if it is a bad one that I need to exchange or maybe I do need to use a XIM with it.  Thanks now for any the help.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
Re: Help on getting my Max Shooter 2 for Xbox 360 to work
« Reply #1 on: 07:19 PM - 02/04/09 »
The Max Shooter 2 is nothing more than an XFPS in a different plastic container. I bought one because it was cheaper than a new XFPS. If you're going to keep it, buy an XIM-1.

To use it by itself (bleh) plug a wired controller into the MS2 & boot the xbox. When it syncs pull the controller off and do your keyboard & mouse.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:53 PM - 02/04/09 »
If it doesn't synchronize with the console, you might be dealing with an incompatible wired controller.

Offline orionth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:47 PM - 02/04/09 »
I forgot to mention that when I activate my wired controller it also activates the xbox and I can control the xbox with the controller through the MS2.  However, I still cannot control anything with the kb/m.  I will pick up another wired controller and see if that fixes anything.  Thanks for the help and I will update as to the outcome.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:41 AM - 02/05/09 »
You shouldn't be able to turn the xbox on with a controller wired through the thing. It wont pass the signal correctly through the xbox.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline bdm214

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:36 AM - 02/05/09 »
You shouldn't be able to turn the xbox on with a controller wired through the thing. It wont pass the signal correctly through the xbox.
but i do it with my xfps?

Offline orionth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:47 PM - 02/06/09 »
Thank you CEOrko you were right.  It was the wired controller.  Though I was using the wired one that came with the 360 I had to go buy another 360 wired controller then it worked fine.  BTW you can still use the 360 controller to run everything in addition to using the kb/mouse.  Now I need to tweak it.  I now see what everyone is talking about how it isn't the smoothest thing in the world.  But anyway, thanks everyone for your help.