XIM Community

xEmulate-XIM3 with Joystick support  (Read 32726 times)

Offline swifteh

• View Profile
xEmulate-XIM3 with Joystick support
« on: 10:15 AM - 01/16/12 »
This is basically xod's xEmulate which I have modified to work with XIM3.

This should allow your XIM3 to behave in the same way as the XIM2 did with this software.

I have also added an option to "pass-through" the mouse state directly to the XIM3, which will allow you to use XIM3's smart translators at the same time as using binds/macros/text mode etc...

Features:

• Allow multiple keyboard keys to access a single xbox button
  • Allow for simple macros for some interesting actions including rapid fire and timed holds.
  • Supports setting variables on the fly with binds: i.e. "bind r set sensitivity1 1000;"
  • Supports reading from .xim configs .xim files, converts all but a few things.
  • Does not require elevated priveleges in Vista
  • Command line allows editing the config on the fly
  • App does not crash if your Xim gets hung
  • Alt-Tab works
  • Added support for "text mode" which translates keystrokes to xbox message text, currently only supports [a-z][0-9]

*Updated
  • Fixed invert mouse y axis for mouse passthrough
  • Added option to ignore mouse buttons except the right button when in passthrough mode (allows you to use ADS translator, but still have full control over the other mouse buttons)
  • Removed rate limit, should now send as fast as allowed ~62.5 UPS

*Updated 21/01
  • Added Joystick passthrough support - First detected Joystick only
    • X & Y Axis, the first 24 buttons and POV Hat passed directly to XIM3
    • Buttons 25-36 are mapped digitally (assuming a deadzone value of +/- 16500) for the following Axis:
      Z-Axis, X,Y,Z-Axis Rotation,Sliders 1&2 (U and V-Axis)
  • Added bind support for holding specific analog values (e.g. bind x +leftstickx 28000;wait 200;-leftstickx;)
  • "echo beep" now makes a beep sound -- useful if you are toggling configs and cannot see the screen :)

*Updated 22/02
  • Added "Walk Speed" setting -- this allows you to bind a key which when active will limit your LeftStick's maximum value.  To use bind key "walksens" (e.g. "bind x .walksens" or "bind x !walksens" to toggle)
  • Updated version number in installer, so you can upgrade without first removing the previous version.

External Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4dl16q88l937p1t

How to use xEmulate:
http://code.google.com/p/ximtranslator/w/list
« Last Edit: 08:15 PM - 01/27/12 by Od1n »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xEmulate modified for XIM3
« Reply #1 on: 12:10 PM - 01/16/12 »
oh wow, you are my hero
i loved xemulate with my xim2!

Added support for "text mode" which translates keystrokes to xbox message text, currently only supports [a-z][0-9]

have to order an easy transfercable now :)

does it work just like xemulate?
if not, would you mind sharing some explanation pictures? :)

(xbox nkey rollover here i come, not that its worth it, but i do care ;p )
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline swifteh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:58 PM - 01/16/12 »
does it work just like xemulate?
if not, would you mind sharing some explanation pictures? :)

(xbox nkey rollover here i come, not that its worth it, but i do care ;p )

Well... it should, but I haven't actually spent enough time to say that for sure just yet.  It's been a while since I have used my XIM2!

I tried to keep as much the same as possible, and just convert the differences between the APIs.  It actually uses the original XIMCore.dll for the old translations, so these *should* work the same.  Although i'm not sure how the "rate" setting in XIM2 translators will affect things as the new API doesn't pass a timeout value.

It would be great if someone could compare the feel of it with a XIM2 config and let me know if it behaves properly...  I haven't tested this side very much as I'm currently using it with the smart translators already on my XIM3.

Some things are a little strange though... e.g. if you accidentally press back+start the XIM3 will go into it's config menu as if you were using the pad directly.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:06 PM - 01/16/12 »
awesome looks nice :)

can you load xim3 configs like standard configs or smart translators from the xim3?
or do you have to recreate them with xemulate and save the config

(sorry for the question wouldve already answered this on my own if i had a transfer cable right here)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline swifteh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:38 PM - 01/16/12 »
can you load xim3 configs like standard configs or smart translators from the xim3?
or do you have to recreate them with xemulate and save the config

No, it won't allow you to change the config on your XIM3, but will allow you to either ignore it and use the  XIM2 math; or to use it alongside your loaded config.

With "Use XIM3 Mouse" unchecked:
if you load a xim2/xEmulate standard config it will effectively ignore the config currently on the XIM3 as it passes the translated controller state though directly and should behave just as the original xEmulate does for the XIM2.

With "Use XIM3 Mouse" checked:
It will ignore the mouse related math and pass the mouse state directly to the XIM3.  You would need to load an appropriate config on your XIM3 to use this.  It will however still allow you to use the rest of your config as normal.  All the controller & mouse binds will still work.

I am currently using this with the XIM3 smart translators, and basically using the config as a list of binds.

Code: [Select]
bind w .leftstickpositivey;
bind a .leftsticknegativex;
bind s .leftsticknegativey;
bind d .leftstickpositivex;
bind mouseleft .righttrigger;
bind mouseright .lefttrigger;
bind mousemiddle .rightstick;
bind mouse5 *righttrigger;
bind leftshift .leftstick;
bind e .rightbumper;
bind q .leftbumper;
bind space .a;
bind home !textmode;
etc...

You should be able to switch modes on the fly by doing the following:
Code: [Select]
bind x !xim3mouse;
Hopefully some of this makes sense :)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:46 PM - 01/16/12 »
yeah it does, hopefully gonna test it out soon :)

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:03 PM - 01/16/12 »
Wow, pretty cool. I used this all the time with xim2. I'll test it out, see if I can get it working right.

Offline StickyIcky1775

• StayHigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:32 AM - 01/18/12 »
I'm getting this error:
Connecting...
Unable to connect to Xim:HARDWARE_NOT_FOUND

I'm using Windows 7, tried it in normal mode and in PC Mode.
Can't get it to connect.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:07 AM - 01/18/12 »
out of curiousity, does the xim manager find your xim3?

Offline StickyIcky1775

• StayHigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:32 AM - 01/18/12 »
Yes

Offline swifteh

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:09 AM - 01/18/12 »
I'm getting this error:
Connecting...
Unable to connect to Xim:HARDWARE_NOT_FOUND

I'm using Windows 7, tried it in normal mode and in PC Mode.
Can't get it to connect.

It should be in normal mode, and connected to your PC with an Easy-Transfer Cable. 

Does the XIMCommander example app work for you? 
It's in the SDK download in this topic: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16199.0

I have also just updated the original post with a newer version which has fixed a few problems I have been having whilst testing, so it may be worth grabbing the newer version also.

Offline StickyIcky1775

• StayHigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:21 AM - 01/18/12 »
What's an Easy-Transfer cable?
I have just the USB cable it came with...
And I'll give your new version a try.

EDIT: Nope, still getting the same error with the new version.
« Last Edit: 09:28 AM - 01/18/12 by StickyIcky1775 »

Offline swifteh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:36 AM - 01/18/12 »

Unfortunately this will not work without an Easy-Transfer Cable.  You need this to connect your XIM3 and PC, while still having your original cable connected to the 360.

You can find more details, and supported cables in the XIM Peripheral Bridge User Manual.

Offline StickyIcky1775

• StayHigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:53 AM - 01/18/12 »

Unfortunately this will not work without an Easy-Transfer Cable.  You need this to connect your XIM3 and PC, while still having your original cable connected to the 360.

You can find more details, and supported cables in the XIM Peripheral Bridge User Manual.

Kind of confused on how I connect the Easy-Transfer cable to the XIM3 and PC when the 360 is connected to the XIM3...But i'll look into the XIM Peripheral Bridge User Manual, Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, does it plug in instead of the controller or what?

EDIT2: Nevermind, so I can use my keyboard/mouse while it's plugged into my PC, and I just plug an Easy-Transfer cable into one of the usb ports in the XIM3?
« Last Edit: 10:33 AM - 01/18/12 by StickyIcky1775 »

Offline swifteh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:36 AM - 01/18/12 »
EDIT2: Nevermind, so I can use my keyboard/mouse while it's plugged into my PC, and I just plug an Easy-Transfer cable into one of the usb ports in the XIM3?

Exactly :D