XIM Community

XIMCommander with Xbox 360 Controller support  (Read 5743 times)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIMCommander with Xbox 360 Controller support
« on: 01:01 PM - 01/15/12 »
This app lets you use Xbox 360 controller throught pc on XIM3. Also wireless controller and ps2/3 controllers with Motioninjoy should work too. (Havent tested yet).
(Keyboard and mouse input work the same way as in regular XIMCommander)

Its not 100% support. There are 3 things that are different.
1. Left stick works as 4 buttons.
2. Triggers are digital buttons instead of analog.
3. Home button cant be mapped in XIM3 (dont press it. It will just open xbox 360 accessories window).

This is my second C++ project so i hope it works. Someone more experienced could look through the code and tell if there is "something wierd". And big thanks to Wurstwasser, because i built this on the top of his code.

How is this different of Wurstwassers app ?
This app uses XInput instead of DirectInput. So regular joysticks wont work. I had to change it to XInput, because triggers could not be pressed at the same time with DirectInput.

How do you use it ?
Istall regular MS drivers for xbox 360 controller. Plug XIM3 to pc with transfer cable. Run the app.
And then map controls in XIM3: Right stick works as a joystick, all others are buttons.
To map the left stick: change stick in XIM3 to keyboard and select direction and press left stick to that direction, repeat for all 4 directions (yes it says keyboard, you can map joystick buttons there too  ;)).

Why would you use it ?
If you want to use xbox 360 controller for example driving, but you dont like the default button bindings and you cant change those in game. With this you can remap everything and use switchers too. Or you want to use only controller with game and change controls while for example aiming (I was thinking to play RE4 with this).

AND you need to have xbox 360 controller plugged to XIM3 also while using this !

Download

Update 13.5.2013: VERSION 2

You need to install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012" 32-bit (x86) version for these to work.

This version replaces xbox 360 controller connected to XIM3 or edge with xbox 360 controller (wired or wireless with adapter) connected to pc. Controller connected to xim is disabled while this program is running. You can edit configurations, control xim and do all those things with the controller connected to pc now. There is only one difference:

Guide button: To press guide button move right stick to right and press BACK button.

And again: you need to have xbox 360 controller plugged to XIM3 or edge also while using this ! (or ps3 controller if using edge on ps3)

Download

Version with keyboard enabled and ability to toggle gamepad:
Download
« Last Edit: 08:02 PM - 12/15/14 by W11cE »

Offline sbenj300zx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Samsquanch2
  • PSN ID: BENJAMINS42
Re: XIMCommander with Xbox 360 Controller support
« Reply #1 on: 09:24 AM - 04/30/12 »
Check out my post on the forum to see a practical application of XIMCommander with Xbox 360 Controller support on Gears of War 3...here is the link

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=20654.0

This application has more benefits than you may think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-7q9aFJ_T4&feature=player_embedded So check out that link to support the disabled and maybe help me get the idea across to others that using Xim 3 handicap players can fully remap an Xbox controller. In combination with Xim 3, using PC applications like Xpadder, gamers and handicap gamers alike can use toggle settings and macros.

Thank you for developing this software!!!!!

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:27 PM - 04/30/12 »
No problem and Thank you! At first i thought no-one needs this software because nobody replied. Its nice to know that some people use this  :)

If i understood correctly: You do all button remapping in Xpadder, so you dont need to be able to change buttons directly in xim3?
In that case i could do a version that uses xbox controller input in xim3. (It uses now joystick input) That would make both sticks analog. Or just maybe sticks through xbox controller input and buttons throught joystick input.

Either of those would disable xbox controller connected to xim3 while activated. I can do some button combination as a switcher as its propably needed. Tell me if you need some changes  ;)

Offline sbenj300zx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Samsquanch2
  • PSN ID: BENJAMINS42
« Reply #3 on: 07:33 PM - 04/30/12 »
I've got to go to bed but yes, lets work on this...with some time and effort we can make both sticks fully functional...its not that big of a difference on Gears of War until you try to roll in a specific direction...the dominate area being used in the left stick takes over being W,A,S, or D...as mapped by Xpadder.  Vjoy is another program worth looking into.  Its awesome to know that we may be some of the only people with knowledge of Xpadder, such a great program for PC gamers, being integrated onto Xbox LIVE.

To answer your question "You do all button remapping in Xpadder, so you dont need to be able to change buttons directly in xim3?" - Kinda

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:12 PM - 01/05/13 »
Ok, i renewed the download link. My account got deleted due to inactivity. Just in case someone is still interested about this.

I had some plans to improve this, but pc between xim and peripheral ads lag so i have moved to arduino and teensy. And also for edge this is almost useless anyway.

Offline Khns

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Khns
« Reply #5 on: 08:01 PM - 12/10/14 »
Hey, I may  try this, can I actually configure the Xbox 360 controller analog deadzone with this, and make it work on 360? btw the link is actually down, would you be able to provide another?
« Last Edit: 08:28 PM - 12/10/14 by Khns »

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:06 PM - 12/15/14 »
The dl links are fixed. What do you actually want to do with this?
And this is only for XIM3/E not XIM4.