XIM Community

HDMI Switch with Optical and Coaxial Digital Audio Outputs  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Nyarlathotep

• View Profile
In order to connect a PC, an Xbox 360, and a PS3 to my monitor, I ordered one of these. Not only does it let me switch between those devices (and my Android tablet, which I plug into the front), it allows my Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS 7.1 to be shared with all of those devices as well. In addition, I have the coaxial digital output connected to an old Sony receiver, which I use when I'm not wearing headphones.

The switch also includes a 3.5mm stereo analog audio output; all three outputs can be used simultaneously.

Most people purchase that switch in order to use HDMI devices with older receivers that lack HDMI inputs.

Xbox One | CH FighterStick USB | CST2545W Trackball | LapGear MyDesk | XIM4 | Asus VE278H | Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS 7.1 | Behringer X18 | Live Wire HA204 | Audio Technica AT803 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Quote from: amak1
Cool setup man... you def earn "sound whore of the year" award lol

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I feel compelled to share my recent experience with an hdmi matrix switch, 4 in 2 out. Less than 10 days after using the switch it fried my black magic intensity card. $200 later + next day shipping and I'm back in business. I've returned the switch to monoprice and I'm currently going through a damaged property claim with them. I wouldn't recommend using an hdmi switch with a capture card based on my experience, it seems the card was too sensitive to the voltage spikes when switching inputs. I really wish it would have worked out, it was an excellent switch when I used it.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Nyarlathotep

• View Profile
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2

I have one of those in the bedroom... the outputs are connected to both a TV and a soundbar (no way to "sleep" if using the soundbar for audio).
Xbox One | CH FighterStick USB | CST2545W Trackball | LapGear MyDesk | XIM4 | Asus VE278H | Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS 7.1 | Behringer X18 | Live Wire HA204 | Audio Technica AT803 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Quote from: amak1
Cool setup man... you def earn "sound whore of the year" award lol

Offline Ryan2tawfiq

• View Profile
    • Reviews Done

I have one of those in the bedroom... the outputs are connected to both a TV and a soundbar (no way to "sleep" if using the soundbar for audio).
Televisions are getting thinner in dimension, unlike the olden days. This has led the manufacturers to compensate on the extent of sound production from the TVs.
I am a blog writer. I like to communicate people through different blogs & forums.