XIM Community

Build / Suggest me a PC! :D  (Read 9945 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Build / Suggest me a PC! :D
« Reply #75 on: 04:22 PM - 01/16/12 »
as requested http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=18923.0

Opens your eyes up to what a grand can get you these days :)

Interesting ultim8..
So closed H2O coolers are OK? Or just those ones specifically?

If thats what you can get for 1000 i cant wait to see what you can do with 1400 lol.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 05:17 PM - 01/16/12 »
publix dont spend 1400, thats not worth it

the price is excellent for 1000 pounds, if you spend more money you get more power BUT its no longer the same money/power ratio

with more money you only get slightly bettwe power, and thats whats not worth it
save the 400 and spend them in 2 years again for a new gfx for example, thats much more value

or also a good idea

spend the additional money for a good sound card, as you know having good sound is a key to a good gameplay
and a onboard card just wont do it in that case :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05:50 PM - 01/16/12 »
Thanks Od1n, i do not want to spend 1400 on a PC.
Ultim8 suggested he could build me a really good PC for that price.

At first i assumed he was talking about a significant gain in performance.
(some special Jedi PC building tech guru pow pow powers.)

Then i realized he was saying 1400! because, through out this thread i had been linking 1400 PC's
We could have avoided this confusion if he had read the part where i had linked those PC's in the hope that by the time i had got 1000 saved up!, the current 1400 may have dropped into this price range or close to it.

My point is, for the games that are out right now i don't want to be fussing as to weather i can run
games on max settings or not!

Admittedly for MP games such as COD or any multiplayer game for that matter i'll be setting GFX to there lowest settings! for maximum visibility and performance! But when playing single player games i want to be able to max the games on there highest settings. Otherwise i don't want to bother even going there!

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 08:03 AM - 02/10/12 »
OK peeps.
Gettig closer to actually buying this thing.

I am going to build my self :/

Any Suggestions would be great?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 08:06 AM - 02/10/12 »
publix if you are scared of doing it on your own, you can purchase on eg hardwareversand.de
(they are also fully in english, see upper right corner + they send it within europe)

you can built your entire computer there and then buy the 20 service so they built it for you
(everything done except cpu cooler if its a big one)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 08:29 AM - 02/10/12 »
I don't mind building, plus i know i wont get those specs built and delivered for that price or even close to it.
I bet delivery would be through the roof.

The only thing i'm not sure about is the case. I would like it windowed tbh.
But it doesn't have to be..

Anything bigger for a similar price?

Offline Adzie

• If at first you don't succeed respawn & try again
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AdzXT
« Reply #81 on: 08:31 AM - 02/10/12 »
I've only read the last two posts above me so sorry if I repeat something that's already been said, but if noise is important to you I'd get a couple of Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 fans. I'm assuming that you will be overclocking it (otherwise there's no point in getting the K version or a liquid cooling unit), so the AP15s will be able to cool the radiator without making a lot of noise.

Other than that, looks good to go.

Okay, I just read the last page. Overclocking a Sandybridge system is ridiculously easy. I built one for a friend a few months back; bumped it up to 4.5GHz in a single move and left it at that. The chip could have gotten to 4.7, or maybe 4.8 if I was willing to spend more time on tweaking it, but if you're paying someone more than 10 to OC a Sandybridge system to 4.5Ghz, you're getting ripped off.

Computers are just expensive lego sets, you can't really go wrong. I

Xbox 360 Resident Evil Limited Edition | Logitech G700 | Microsoft SideWinder X6 | TurtleBeach X11
Intel Q9650 @ 4GHz | Mushkin Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | Zotac Nvidia GTX 470 | 2x Vertex 2E 60GB (RAID0) | Custom Watercooling Loop

Offline n0skills90

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: II BrT n0skills
« Reply #82 on: 08:35 AM - 02/10/12 »
70 for a 500gb hard-drive makes me want to cry! Have you got another you can stick in there for the time being, seeming as you were going to put the OS on the SSD. I'd personally wait until the hard-drive prices come down quite a bit.
Like how you were going to look at the 1400 prices a couple of months back with the view to spending 1000, but you'll spend over 1300 now! That happens all the time to me also ^_^.
I'd personally get a nicer case, seeming as that is what you see 99% of the time, use another HDD for the time being, and also find another means to save yourself 80 on the OS :). Also were you planning on waiting for the Ivy Bridge to come out?

Offline Adzie

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 08:42 AM - 02/10/12 »
I don't mind building, plus i know i wont get those specs built and delivered for that price or even close to it.

For a similar price: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Cases/MIDI+Tower/Zalman+Z9+Plus+Black+Midi+Tower+Windowed+Chassis+?productId=44436

But the last case I bought was a CM Storm Scout, which is an absolute beauty. It's nearly double the price though

Xbox 360 Resident Evil Limited Edition | Logitech G700 | Microsoft SideWinder X6 | TurtleBeach X11
Intel Q9650 @ 4GHz | Mushkin Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | Zotac Nvidia GTX 470 | 2x Vertex 2E 60GB (RAID0) | Custom Watercooling Loop

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 08:44 AM - 02/10/12 »

For a similar price: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Cases/MIDI+Tower/Zalman+Z9+Plus+Black+Midi+Tower+Windowed+Chassis+?productId=44436

But the last case I bought was a CM Storm Scout, which is an absolute beauty. It's nearly double the price though

Nice :D so this case with be spacious enough for the HD7970 and the H80?

Offline Adzie

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11:30 AM - 02/10/12 »
It's a good thing you asked. The Zalman will fit it, just about.
The CM Storm Scout won't. The 7970 is 11" long, and the scout will only accommodate upto 10.5"

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #86 on: 11:58 AM - 02/10/12 »
AZZA Solano 1000 is a cheap full tower with great reviews, full towers are pro, you need it

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 01:20 PM - 02/10/12 »
Lol FU stetab!

I had my heart set on 800D case with a push pull corsair H100!
But for the love of god its too expensive!

AZZA Solano 1000 is a cheap full tower with great reviews, full towers are pro, you need it

I just want to confirm something, will having 8GB of 2000mhz Ram give me a better overclock then 1600mhz?
Its just what I've came across on more than one occasion.

People with stable 4.8 - 5.0 OC's seem to have a higher frequency Ram?

Thanks for the case suggestion stetab, I'll look into that.
« Last Edit: 04:39 PM - 02/10/12 by publix »

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #88 on: 03:26 AM - 02/21/12 »
yo publix sorry man Im not around much these days.

Higher frequency memory will give you a small gain in performance.....however for the overclocking your doing it wont be linked to the cpu speed.

You have linked and unlinked overclocking with sandy bridge,  by this I mean you and 90% of overclockers on sandy bridge overclock with multiplier which has no impact on the memory.

However the extreme guys overclock with the multi and the bclk, now when you change the bclck and up it from 100Mhz your @#$% with everything, USB, PCIe lanes, Memory ect.  Thats why Bclk clocking is not advised on sandy bridge unless you know exactly what your doing :)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 04:12 AM - 02/21/12 »
I mean coming from crappy Xbox grafics what do you need more than 60+ frames at 1080p? I dont feel the urge to overclock.
Crusade atm: none