XIM Community

only 1 gripe so far  (Read 1654 times)

Offline ANIMOSITY1G

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ANIMOSITY1G
only 1 gripe so far
« on: 12:46 PM - 01/08/12 »
My only gripe about the xim3 is the inability to quick 180 to people without having an extremely high sensitivity. I'm still very happy now that I can aim decent on xbox but I bought this thinking that I'd be able to aim the same as I do on pc due to so many reviews claiming that it gives nearly identical mouse movement. Well, very low sensitivity players like myself cannot make quick muscle memory shots.
This might not affect a lot of cod mw3 players but if you're that guy that gets called a hacker in every game due to your aim, you sadly won't be able to aim with that quickness that pc allows.
If the xim3 bypassed the max turn speed completely, i'd rate it 10/10.
my sensitivity on pc is very low, much lower than a lot of players.
400 dpi, 6/11 win, 2.5 in-game, mouse acceleration disabled.

just my 2 cents.
good work obsiv, loving every minute of halo 3 :D

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: only 1 gripe so far
« Reply #1 on: 12:51 PM - 01/08/12 »
So you are playing Halo 3? As you are really low sensitivity, I suggest looking at Acceleration in Smart Advanced. That will give you the ability to turn faster without losing fine aiming. Although at the expense of losing 1:1.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #2 on: 12:55 PM - 01/08/12 »
You should be able to do a decent 180, in cod at least. Halo not so much, just have to get used to it. I play at a about a 5 inch 180 on the XIM, higher than what I play at on PC but with the aim assist being so heavy there's no real downside.

There's a XIM user I know that plays halo 3 almost every day still I'll pm you his tag if you want it

Offline ANIMOSITY1G

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:05 PM - 01/08/12 »
You should be able to do a decent 180, in cod at least. Halo not so much, just have to get used to it. I play at a about a 5 inch 180 on the XIM, higher than what I play at on PC but with the aim assist being so heavy there's no real downside.

There's a XIM user I know that plays halo 3 almost every day still I'll pm you his tag if you want it

yeah pm me plz

Offline ANIMOSITY1G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:13 PM - 01/08/12 »
So you are playing Halo 3? As you are really low sensitivity, I suggest looking at Acceleration in Smart Advanced. That will give you the ability to turn faster without losing fine aiming. Although at the expense of losing 1:1.

well halo i use a higher sensitivity due to the strong aim assistance. but in mw3 I typically use a very low sensitivity so i can hit long range shots and control the recoil.

Offline ANIMOSITY1G

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:26 AM - 01/09/12 »
apparently the stock mw3 smart translator was bugged. I deleted that ST and re-uploaded the same exact mw3 st back onto my xim3 and it feels very nice now. been 2 games in now and i can feel a massive difference!
I have no idea why it was so horrid feeling before. I messed around with the settings for literally 12+ hours and couldn't get it even close to feeling like pc but now its fine...

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09:35 AM - 01/09/12 »
apparently the stock mw3 smart translator was bugged. I deleted that ST and re-uploaded the same exact mw3 st back onto my xim3 and it feels very nice now. been 2 games in now and i can feel a massive difference!
I have no idea why it was so horrid feeling before. I messed around with the settings for literally 12+ hours and couldn't get it even close to feeling like pc but now its fine...

What, really? So, same MW3 ST before and after and its now behaving differently?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline DragonSlayer

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DragonSlayerMP
« Reply #7 on: 09:21 AM - 01/13/12 »
Gonna try this when I get home. I couldn't get the MW3 ST to feel right so I decided to try the BLOPS ST and been using that for a while and it seems to be better for me. LOL...never crossed my mind to delete it and try again.

Offline ANIMOSITY1G

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:51 PM - 01/13/12 »

What, really? So, same MW3 ST before and after and its now behaving differently?

yes, lol I have no idea why.
also another problem that was my own fault was neglecting to set my dpi to 5700 due to my knowledge of how high dpi like that can feel on windows. I thought it would feel terrible on the xim as well but it actually does not.

Admin