XIM Community

Debugger failure -- right stick x-axis  (Read 9853 times)

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
Re: Debugger failure -- right stick x-axis
« Reply #45 on: 10:26 AM - 01/30/09 »
I had to replace 2 controllers during my building for people. One of them the right trigger just didn't work and the other the mic port didn't work. It's possible that you just got a bad controller or something got burnt up in the install process. I know this doesn't really help you but it might make you feel better about getting another controller.

That's good enough incentive for me. Incidentally, have you ever had one of the USB cables be faulty?

I have, the green lead was connected to the ground sheath and the sheath was connected to where the ground should have been. was a completely bogus cable from the factory. no shorts... just completely backwards.

Offline blakbuzzrd

• View Profile
Re: Debugger failure -- right stick x-axis
« Reply #46 on: 10:30 AM - 01/30/09 »
I had to replace 2 controllers during my building for people. One of them the right trigger just didn't work and the other the mic port didn't work. It's possible that you just got a bad controller or something got burnt up in the install process. I know this doesn't really help you but it might make you feel better about getting another controller.

That's good enough incentive for me. Incidentally, have you ever had one of the USB cables be faulty?

I have, the green lead was connected to the ground sheath and the sheath was connected to where the ground should have been. was a completely bogus cable from the factory. no shorts... just completely backwards.

Well, first things first, I guess. I'll try with a new controller this weekend (I have one lying around that only needs a simple trace repair), and if that doesn't work I'll try a new USB cable.

Once more into the breach!
"What Oft Was Squawked But Ne'er So Well Expressed"