XIM Community

How does the XIM work..  (Read 989 times)

Offline 1con

• Worlds Biggest Whiner
    • View Profile
How does the XIM work..
« on: 05:06 PM - 01/26/09 »
Ok, so I am waiting for the XIM2. I useta play CoD4 professionaly on the PC but the hacking just got rediculus and lans were starting to shut down the game. So I decided to play games for fun, but I want the mouse feel on Xbox360. Ok, first question - do I need xFPS for the XIM2 to work? or can I just use the XIM 2? Does the copperhead work for it?

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: How does the XIM work..
« Reply #1 on: 06:17 PM - 01/26/09 »
The XFPS was only needed with the XIM1 because the first XIM needed to use the XFPS' method of bypassing the console's hardware security checks by first connecting a licensed peripheral to the Xbox. Because the XIM2 is soldered directly on to a controller that connects to the console, it can remain undetected while operating and no longer needs the XFPS. Any mouse will function with the XIM2 as long as it works with your PC. The XIM2 is an adapter that instructs the controller to behave according to the input it is given from the XIM360 front-end, which is derived from the input of devices connected to the PC and the translation settings used by the software. There are no known compatibility issues with other hardware.
« Last Edit: 06:21 PM - 01/26/09 by CEOrko »

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
Re: How does the XIM work..
« Reply #2 on: 10:05 PM - 01/26/09 »
Ok, so I am waiting for the XIM2. I useta play CoD4 professionaly on the PC but the hacking just got rediculus and lans were starting to shut down the game. So I decided to play games for fun, but I want the mouse feel on Xbox360. Ok, first question - do I need xFPS for the XIM2 to work? or can I just use the XIM 2? Does the copperhead work for it?

http://xim360.com/?page_id=9

Admin