XIM Community

Killzone 2...  (Read 7382 times)

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Killzone 2...
« Reply #30 on: 09:39 AM - 03/01/09 »
Nice! Microsoft are such cheap barstewards! We have to pay for P2P games lol :D

Think I might have to pick a PS3 and try this out before I buy system and game.

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11:41 AM - 03/01/09 »
Maybe some fighting games on live are p2p but I think most games on live are sever based.  LOL, I never get lag on Live.  The ps3? Well that is another story.  Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. 

KZ2 is not smooth, the lag is terrible, and there are no dedicated servers, it is a p2p lag fest.  Go look on KillZones web site if you want to find out for yourself but be warned, their web site is a lag fest also.
« Last Edit: 11:56 AM - 03/01/09 by evm »

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #32 on: 12:06 PM - 03/01/09 »
EVM - Killzone 2 has dedicated servers.  Just like with Resistance or any other dedicated system, there will be hiccups time to time, but ultimately the experience is leaps and bounds above P2P.  I've had no lag what so ever. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12:20 PM - 03/01/09 »
Evm - actually very few of xbox games have dedicated servers for playing. The vast majority are P2P games including fps, driving, sports, fighting games etc. Most don't lag too bad but P2P is hugely inferior to good dedicated servers.

Anyways, KZ2, definitely dedicated or P2P? Had both answers now! :)

Offline StealthKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03:14 PM - 03/01/09 »
Quick question for you guys thatsl have picked up KZ2 now. Is it runniung on dedicated servers or P2P like the 360?
deticated NO LAG like resistance (yet 360 fanboys keep complaining that "we pay for xbl, so we get better servers" have you seen gears 2 online?) a reason i only play ps3 for online (gears 2 single player is all i play on 360)
« Last Edit: 06:06 PM - 03/01/09 by StealthKnife »

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:23 PM - 03/01/09 »
Link to p2p story.

The game is p2p look at the bottom of page two.

http://games.on.net/article/5081/Killzone_2_Games_On_Net_chats_with_Guerilla_Games?page=2

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #36 on: 04:01 PM - 03/01/09 »
Interesting...everything they've released UNTIL this, has stated that they hold the servers. 

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&message.id=122731

Still had no lagging thus far and it's been an excellent online experience for me.

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline GrayFox

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03:10 PM - 03/03/09 »
No lag whatsoever here. You might want to work on you connection.
PS3 Gamer

Offline chris408

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DMC chris408
  • PSN ID: DMCchris408
« Reply #38 on: 03:17 PM - 03/03/09 »
how are you guys getting on with killzone the one that are using xim2

Offline CrazyMantis

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10:38 PM - 03/03/09 »
Anyone tried the XIM with Killzone 2 Online Multiplayer?
Does it work with the rifle scope that uses sixaxis? I mean, I don't need the sixaxis to work just don't want the game to crash or something.

Thanks

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07:33 AM - 03/04/09 »
No lag whatsoever here. You might want to work on you connection.

My connection is fine; the game is TERRIBLE.  The hit detection is terrible and the game IMO is terrible.  I can un-loud a couple of shots in someones face from a far ways away and the hits don't register.  Sometimes a guy will die two seconds after I shot hit.

Offline phene

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fauxmatic
« Reply #41 on: 12:11 PM - 03/06/09 »
My connection is fine; the game is TERRIBLE.  The hit detection is terrible and the game IMO is terrible.  I can un-loud a couple of shots in someones face from a far ways away and the hits don't register.  Sometimes a guy will die two seconds after I shot hit.

It's funny you say that, me and my friend noticed the same thing. People die a few split seconds after you shoot them. Same thing with the distance shooting ...I played with the sniper rifle, it's like 75% accurate & I was hitting targets and nothing. Yeh it's a bit disappointing, the game was so hyped and now for me---an XIM player, it's ehh.

I read that turning off Cross Color Reduction Filter reduces the so called "lag" and as of today they released a new update that says there has been "minor tweaks and modifications" to the controlling.
PSN: fauxmatic | PS4
Chat: Turtle Beach P11 via USB
Setup: XIM4 . G502 . Sony Nav

Offline Nikuma985

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01:17 PM - 03/06/09 »
Anyone tried the XIM with Killzone 2 Online Multiplayer?
Does it work with the rifle scope that uses sixaxis? I mean, I don't need the sixaxis to work just don't want the game to crash or something.

Thanks

No you don't need the sixaxis you keep the sniper steady, it seems to stay steady by default if there is no sixaxis detected.

Don't let the fanboys get you down about this game either, it's great.

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06:04 PM - 03/07/09 »
Don't listen to fanboys in general. Even my "shooters are best played with a mouse" rants annoy me.

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08:41 PM - 03/07/09 »
dont know if any of you have noticed yet but the new patch for the game has fixed alot of the problems and even improved on the contorles wich makes it alot easyer usinf the xim