XIM Community

Killzone 2...  (Read 9487 times)

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
Re: Killzone 2...
« Reply #15 on: 09:33 AM - 02/04/09 »
i do not think you can disable it. Also, you will need it as a sniper to stabilize your aim. Think holding your breath in cod 4 but this will take much more skill.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #16 on: 11:59 AM - 02/04/09 »
No sniper for me then, eh?  Playing controller musical chairs looks like the only workaround then, eh? 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline cameltoe

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xsmoothupinyax
« Reply #17 on: 03:31 PM - 02/04/09 »
we shall see tomorrow. Ill work up a config.

Offline GrayFox

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:12 AM - 02/05/09 »
Man i cant wait to get the demo today.Don't think i have ever been this excited for a demo ever.
PS3 Gamer

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:39 PM - 02/05/09 »
Anyone have this yet? I get home in about 3 hours, will try to use my UK account and download it

Offline GrayFox

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:59 PM - 02/05/09 »
Ya downloaded it and hour ago and just like many say it is way short.My first playthrough i did it in 10 minutes and my second time was even shorter.Good news is that someone who has actually played the entire game tells that this is actually one of the more tame levels which is awesome because it is chaotic as is :).

Have not tried the xim  but will soon.
PS3 Gamer

Offline Juncti

• MVP
  • MultiXimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07:13 PM - 02/05/09 »
Here's my config

http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1937.0

Please make it better.

Demo is short, very short.

This one is going to be tough to xim our way through I'm afraid. Hopefully we can collectively get the config to a playable level.

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:29 AM - 02/06/09 »
OK....sooooo, long story short, we have to find a way around the accelerometer thingamabobby.  It makes your movements delayed / slow at the start, then whips you past your target inevitably. 

In short, it's annoying.

Do any other FPS's have this and, if so, what work arounds are there?

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07:50 PM - 02/11/09 »
i came up with this its not bad but im sure it can be made better let me know what you think and ill keep playing with it

Title=killzone 2
[Configuration]
InputDevice=MouseKeyboard
MouseDeadZone=0
MouseUpdateFrequency=1
AnalogStickOnRight=True
AnalogStickDeadZoneFind=False
[AnalogStick]
DeadZone=40
DeadZoneType=Circular
YXRatio=3.5
TranslationExponent=0.7
SensitivityPrimary=21.0
SensitivitySecondary=40.0
SensitivityToggle=KeyAt
Smoothness=0.5
[DigitalStick]
Up=KeyW
Left=KeyA
Right=KeyD
Down=KeyS
SensitivityPrimary=1.0
SensitivitySecondary=0.6
SensitivityToggle=KeyCaptial

Offline chris408

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DMC chris408
  • PSN ID: DMCchris408
« Reply #24 on: 09:16 AM - 02/28/09 »
got killzone 2 the other day but cant play with my xfps :'( i have to say it looks great
what are you guys using for killzone xim1 or xim2?

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12:56 PM - 02/28/09 »
I am using XIM2 works nice but the game itself is kinda boring.  It is not fast paced, maps are strange with hall ways all over the place, can't see how good my connection is when playing, I don't know when the hell I will use another gun, seems like every server has custom weapons off. 

I really don't know about this game and its long term play ability.  If you are going to try to rank up I guess you should join a 100 kill server.

Great looking game but it leaves allot to be desired.  I hold every FPS to COD4 standards, you don't go backward you always move forward and the game devs only moved forward in the "LOOKS" department here.

Offline StealthKnife

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:24 PM - 02/28/09 »
I am using XIM2 works nice but the game itself is kinda boring.  It is not fast paced, maps are strange with hall ways all over the place, can't see how good my connection is when playing, I don't know when the hell I will use another gun, seems like every server has custom weapons off. 

I really don't know about this game and its long term play ability.  If you are going to try to rank up I guess you should join a 100 kill server.

Great looking game but it leaves allot to be desired.  I hold every FPS to COD4 standards, you don't go backward you always move forward and the game devs only moved forward in the "LOOKS" department here.
kinda boring? have you played online?? its non stop action

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:37 PM - 02/28/09 »

kinda boring? have you played online?? its non stop action

Yeah, I played it, non stop action, so is COD with alot better mechanics.  The game looks great but it has ZERO substance.  I really fell this game is nothing more than a new game to hit the shelves, that's it.  I was expecting allot more. @#$% I spent $120.00 just to play it.  I never play games on the PS3 because of the crappy network.

People will return this game in droves and there will be a very small community for it because of the bad controls, lack of party system, P2P, and all the other crap that is in every other FPS that KZ2 does not have.

Offline buds

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02:37 AM - 03/01/09 »
Quick question for you guys thatsl have picked up KZ2 now. Is it runniung on dedicated servers or P2P like the 360?

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:23 AM - 03/01/09 »
Dedicated... no lag what-so-ever.  Amazingly smooth!

Admin