XIM Community

simple question for OBsiv  (Read 3806 times)

Offline Sycobob

• View Profile
Re: simple question for OBsiv
« Reply #15 on: 02:00 AM - 12/25/11 »
dmxwyrw's post is the reason I think it might just be an issue with perception, but at times I'd swear I'm actually turning slower in the game. I just haven't bothered to really test it.

70deuce, if you want to confirm it's a real issue, the best thing you can probably do is use a camera to record your screen when you turn just under black dot, and when you're hitting the black dot. Pick a determined amount to rotate (say 180 or 360) and start from the same place each time to make it easier to compare. Compare the two videos, the black dot video should take close to the same amount of time or less to perform the same rotation. If it takes less time to rotate on the just-under-black-dot video, then you have objective proof there's an issue.

Also, make sure you can perform the rotation in one sweep (as in, don't lift up your mouse).

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #16 on: 02:05 AM - 12/25/11 »
Its all in your head.

It is. When you black-dot, XIM3 pegs your stick by design. It can't push it any higher -- its at maximum. What you are feeling isn't real.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:13 AM - 12/25/11 »
Its lucid delusion. It happens so fast that it seems real. Search through the forum and you will find me insisting that it is.

Offline KrazyKarl

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x1ArmBanditx
« Reply #18 on: 02:23 AM - 12/25/11 »
ur brain is moving your hand at a speed your eyes are expecting to see...the consoles does not allow the speed your hand moves, so when u move your hand so fast and see that in game is slower u mind phuk urself and think u are going slower...when u r just going afap<--as fast as possible

Offline KrazyKarl

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x1ArmBanditx
« Reply #19 on: 02:24 AM - 12/25/11 »
if that makes any sense....post 420 ;D

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:27 AM - 12/25/11 »
Seriously ? In my head ? Obsiv care to try out the translator again? If you can honestly then say it's all in my head still ill go ahead and declare myself clinically insane because it's not.  I bought this product from you least you can do is take 10 minutes of your time to check this issue instead of saying it's just in my head. I've played other games and I have no issues . Look i know exactly what you guys are talking about okay. Gears of war 3 doesn't perform in length of seconds as other games do. I doubt people saying it's in my head even play gears. The translator is obviously broken some how. Please please !!! Just check it. At least do me that favor.
« Last Edit: 02:32 AM - 12/25/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
SteelSeries I-Experience Glass mouse pad
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor
$5 black logitech keyboard

Offline Sycobob

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02:34 AM - 12/25/11 »
To be fair, this issue has come up before. I'm sure it's been checked before. If you really believe there is an issue, take some time and record the proof.

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:07 AM - 12/25/11 »
Ok so I just found out mist4fun created this translator. OBsiv definitely needs to take a second look at it because it's broken and  doesn't work the same as " same time in movement length " as other games do.
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline modusoperandi

• Panem et circenses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:07 AM - 12/25/11 »
i kinda noticed this on the BF3 translator aswell, with the highest settings in the game, pretty much almost tapping the controller spins the guy around 180+ degrees, but when i set sensitivity in xim to be around the lower parts of so-called mid-sens play, blackdotting doesnt make me turn real fast (like with the stick).

i have to do some more experimenting this evening on this, but so far this is what i kinda noticed, placebo or not.
Panem et circenses.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #24 on: 10:17 AM - 12/25/11 »
I don't need to check mist's work -- that's why I chose him (and only him) to build STs. :)

I went back and reread your initial post and saw this: "Well actually I do use -1 clamp that keeps me from ever black dotting". If you do this, it means that you never hit maximum on the stick and the game will turn slower than it can. XIM3 does not peg the stick if you don't black-dot. There is no reason to avoid it. You should go back to using Smart instead of Smart Advanced.

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:26 AM - 12/25/11 »
Would it be practical to have the black or another color dot show based on clamp? grey dot. since the fact that you are just moving the maximum reachable stick value seems to be hard to understand.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #26 on: 10:31 AM - 12/25/11 »
Smart Advanced should be used only if you are an advanced XIM3 user. I was reluctant to add more stuff to Smart Advanced, but, did it to provide more control over the ballistics curve without a full blown editor. But, the assumption is you are an expert if you are using it.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12:30 PM - 12/25/11 »
I'll take a look at it but..

You're turning slower because you're not pegging the stick with the mouse for the same amount of time as you are with the controller. Tap the stick for one second and look at how far you move, not far huh? That's the same distance you will move if you swipe your mouse for the same amount of time. Peg the stick for three seconds, now swipe your mouse at just enough speed to reach the black dot but not exceed it for three seconds, you're moving at the same rate. You may have to use your entire desk to do this swipe but it's equal.

Now the reason GoW3 may feel different from other games is this. Imagine CoD and GoW3 are cars that can accelerate from 0 to 100mph. CoD can go from 0 to 100 at a steady linear rate, GoW3 cannot due to velocity jumps. It's missing certain MPH that make linear movement impossible. It may drive 1-15mph but it can't hit 16, instead it jumps to 30 mph. 16-29 don't exist in GoW3's look mechanic and therefore linear movements and tests aren't going to be possible. Oh and remember, GoW3 does this multiple times.

I made this during the GoW3 ST beta using Kodeks deadzone app, these jumps are 1 digit apart. There are three levels of velocity in this video, 0-:24 , :25-:46, :47-end

« Last Edit: 12:43 PM - 12/25/11 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Retrospect

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06:38 PM - 12/26/11 »
It's all in your head deuce so stop being arrogant and insisting you know better than mist or obsiv the developer of the xim3. What happens is you are moving at the max turn rate the game can provide and your arm/wrist/hand whatever is moving faster than that so it feels like you are moving slower or losing movement when in reality it's simply because you have reached the max turn speed in the game and any movement over that is wasted.

AS stated gears of war has velocity jumps and also has a lot of aim assist so it makes playing at some points uncomfortable and weird. It's simply a flaw in the game-mechanics that are implemented to make playing with a controller more 'comfortable' easier to use for a controller user. These adversely affect the way it can feel for the mouse however I also play gears 3 with the xim3 and dominate the competition the most important thing is finding a good sensitivity.. and learning not to make 'snappy' movements; you MUST move in slower continual linear motion to get the most out of the xim3 with gears 3.

Here is my config in GOW3:

HIP:

Translator: Smart

Sensitivity: 13.68

ADS:

Translator: smart

Sensitivity: 16.53

This is at 5000DPI calculate it accordingly to your own DPI/CPI value. Don't use clamp or that other garbage it's not necessary in smart configs, that stuff is mainly for standard configs.
« Last Edit: 06:48 PM - 12/26/11 by Retrospect »

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:42 AM - 12/28/11 »
You're right guys I'm sorry. I really appreciate the responses. Not many people I can talk to on these forums about gow3. Guess it is in my head. Just frustrates me I've been tweaking for hours upon hours and i just don't know which way is most effective. It's hard to keep a consistant hand movement in intense battles and pop shotting left to right .... Either my settings end up being too slow ... Or good for certain scenerios that are real intense but then too fast for strafing pop shots . guess it won't ever be good enough the way the look mechanics were designed for this game @#$% @#$% holes .

I really must be insane for tweaking my config for so many hours . Hopefully one day there will be a firmware update that xim can detect the speed the mouse is moving and translate it into time so faster swipes is faster ?
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Admin