XIM Community

simple question for OBsiv  (Read 3807 times)

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
simple question for OBsiv
« on: 04:18 AM - 12/24/11 »
My game is gears of war 3. There's only one translator and its far from pc feel. Now I understand gears of war 3 will never be able to be like pc because the look mechanics of the game but  the xim 3 is capable of anything and can input any speed it desires and  can obviously replicate certain speeds when the mouse is moved very slow but why not very fast ? Now I've been tweaking my config for hours... And hours ... and hours ... and days ... And weeks ...... And months...... I actually don't even need smart advanced it makes no difference . Well actually I do use -1 clamp that keeps me from ever black dotting.

Its nice that when I move my mouse really slow the game moves real slow . And when i move it a little faster so then it does move a little faster . But when I begin to move it  faster it doesn't move very fast, actually moves SLOWER than it would if I just moved my mouse a regular speed which makes no sense . It's like the xim tracks the mouse movement JUST FINE to a certain mouse speed the mouse is being moved of slow to medium pace  mouse movement keeping that 1:1 feel but when I begin to move my hand faster ( which really isn't that fast ) to do a very fast 180 it moves slower and even gets stuck at times ( only when I move it very fast)  . It actually moves a lot faster when I move my hand a certain speed instead. And if you remember my last post yes I fixed the problem I did flash my xim its fine . This problem has always been here for me and I've seen other complaints of it from other people and their solution is to always maintain the same mouse speed but why is that really necessary ? It's hard to stay on the borderline and not getting past that point . Like when I get passed that 1:1 tracking movement it begins to lag more and more the faster I glide my mouse.  Obvious flaw in the translator . It's like it completely doesn't care how fast the mouse moves past a certain speed it gives up and just moves real slow instead, forcing me to get used to always moving my hand a certain speed and in intense battles which is just too hard I'm a pc gamer and I can't get used to that .

OBsiv why does it do this behaviour ? Can't you implement somethin so when the mouse moves fast so does the movement ? Because I can set the movement to a 40 and there's that fast speed . So its not like its not possible to reach that speed. Just to get that speed to match the mouse speed when the mouse moves  fast . Can you fix this or is there something I'm missing ? I know the xim tracks very fast mouse movement so  is there a ny way you could just set a boost when the mouse moves real fast so it matches the speed ? I want to be able to have 1:1 feel always . No matter how fast I move the mouse or how slow . I want the same length of movement across the mouse pad no matter how slow or how fast . Like I said it drops the ball when I move the mouse too fast and it doesnt make sense seems like a simple fix becausr I know xim can track the speed but it doesn't try to match it or boost the speed . It matches mouse movement just fine up until a certain point and I know its possible to fix because xim is able to do insane speeds on this game .

Can you please fix this ?? I'm telling you I've been going crazy for months and it just seems like a simple fix I would really appreciate it !!!!

Can you please make it possible ? I know xim 3 can make it possible . I'm not asking for it to be perfect pc like . I just can't stand the fact that xim tracks the mouse movment to a certain speed and after just begins to run slower down and lags , and if too fast it doesn't even move at all .  sorry for the long post I really do appreciate your time and help .
« Last Edit: 07:19 AM - 12/24/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
SteelSeries I-Experience Glass mouse pad
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor
$5 black logitech keyboard

Offline modusoperandi

• Panem et circenses.
    • View Profile
Re: simple question for OBsiv
« Reply #1 on: 06:25 AM - 12/24/11 »
now i cant say i know how the ST's work, but if they would somehow emulate the acceleration curve in the game mechanics i guess this would be possible, if tweaked right.

which would mean that one ST doesnt have a static sensitivity but one that adjusts according to the game and the mouse input/speed.

prolly impossible, but it would be cool.
Panem et circenses.

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:00 AM - 12/24/11 »
Exactly . I mean it already matches the acceleration well with the slow to medium speed . It's when it gets fast it begins to lag behind a lot and acts like I'm barely moving my mouse  . Just want it to at least maintain the max sensitivity speed at least when I move the mouse fast instead of it going slower and lagging behind a lot .
« Last Edit: 08:26 AM - 12/24/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 10:32 AM - 12/24/11 »
Did you watch the "Turning" instructional video?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Raja

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:00 PM - 12/24/11 »
The -1 clamp might technically keep you from black dotting, but in reality, you're basically just black dotting 1 percent of full speed sooner. The black dot isn't bad, it's just a warning system that u are over the max turn speed, and can't go any faster.

Offline BrandonC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:10 PM - 12/24/11 »
The -1 clamp might technically keep you from black dotting, but in reality, you're basically just black dotting 1 percent of full speed sooner. The black dot isn't bad, it's just a warning system that u are over the max turn speed, and can't go any faster.

Gears is a bit different because you accelerate after you hit stick deflection, the clamp prevents this I believe although I've never played with it on because I use the acceleration to make quicker turns.

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:46 PM - 12/24/11 »
No I haven't . Can you link me OBsiv ? Couldn't find it in your instructional videos. Never thought I would need to watch a video on how to turn but ill check it out . I just dont understand why the game needs to slow down completely and drag to a halt if the mouse is moved fast ? There's no way to fix this ? is it possible that max dpi rate for the g500 is just too fast for xim 3 ?

What acceleration do you use brandon?
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #7 on: 11:45 PM - 12/24/11 »
Again people complaining without understanding how it works.

IT is NOT a mouse, it will not work EXACTLY like a mouse.

Fact is the mouse is acting as a JOY stick.

And in doing so, if you move super fast with the mouse, its no different than just flicking the stick in one direction very quickly.

To turn smoothly at max speed you must move the mouse in a SMOOTH constant motion. This is know with the XIm, and noticed even more in some games.

So your better off moving the mouse fast, to get max stick, therefore translating to less distance needed to glide the mouse.

Basically if you flick the mouse all the way across th table in a half second, the game barely turns.

Now move that mouse at a constant rate all the way across the desk and you will do several 360's.

This is simply a limitation of the xbox more than it is the xim.

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:53 AM - 12/25/11 »
Dude I understand that but do you understand xim 3 is software of program translations.
? I just don't get how hard would it be to tell the game to move max speed when the mouse is moved fast. It can obviously move really fast if you set the sensitivity to insane speeds like a thousand can move real quick by barely moving the mouse at all. So it does have a lot of potential dude. I just don't get why the xim can't be like hey the mouse is moving really fast so I'm going to translate it to move real fast instead of not moving at all . I mean it can already say hey the mouse is barely moving at all but because the sensitivity is high I'm going to make it move fast. But why not the other way around? If the joy stick has potential to do really fast 360s why can't xim translate that when the mouse is moved fast ? Sounds like the problem is xim tracking fast mouse movement . If the game has potential to move real fast then xim should have potential to track fast mouse movement and translate it as the control stick being completely moved in a direction. Sound simple enough? Maybe not but Im sure obsiv will make it possible in the future.
« Last Edit: 01:06 AM - 12/25/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 01:07 AM - 12/25/11 »
I don't understand what you are asking. XIM3 does exactly what your are saying. It produces 1:1 translation between your mouse and the game. But, if you exceed the maximum turn speed of the game, you are not getting that 1:1 correspondence. This is why the "black-dot" is there. Even though you think it feels slower, it isn't.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:14 AM - 12/25/11 »
Obsiv I believe in that . But I'm not trying to exceed max turn speed of the game. Why am I forced to always move my mouse a medium constant speed to have max turn speed but when I begin to move it fast it slows more and more down and when too fast doesn't move at all? I don't get it. Why can't it just keep maintaining that max turn speed ? Thats what I'm asking . Like I said maybe the translator can be tweaked and get this fixed no problem. I don't mind if there's a speed limit cap so why can't I keep that top speed no matter how fast I turn my mouse ? Why does it just move slower ? Like if I move it faster when it's maintaing that 1:1 feel instead of at least keeping up to that capped speed it just moves slower than it would if I just kept moving my mouse at a medium pace.  Believe me it doesn't feel slower it IS slower. I can move the mouse a certain pace and do a  ton of 360s but when I start moving it faster it does slow down a lot. Instead of at least keeping up to speed.

Example. I move my mouse medium pace I do a 180 in half a second.
If I move my mouse faster than medium pace but still for half a second and even moving MORE INCHES across the mouse pad and giving it the same length of time it only does 90 degrees. Forcing me to keep moving it longer adding more seconds to hit 180 . Makes no sense .

If this sounds odd to you please checck out the translator you'll see exactly what I mean.

« Last Edit: 01:43 AM - 12/25/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline Sycobob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:37 AM - 12/25/11 »
I think I know what he's talking about. I've always felt like I turn slower when I black dot than if I move just under the black dot speed. I'm not sure if it's real or just my perception though. I've never sat down and measured it. This is in Halo:Reach, I don't play much else so I don't know if it's specific to certain games.

To put it in (arbitrary) quantitative terms, it seems like I can turn at 15 radians per second if I keep just under the black dot, but only 10 radians per second if I'm hitting the black dot.

Maybe that's what he means, idk.

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:47 AM - 12/25/11 »
Yes!! In quantitative turns that's exactly what I mean ! Why can't it just maintain top speed no matter how fast the mouse is moved ? In gears of war 3 it's extremely apparent . I move faster moving the mouse slower. And when I move the mouse faster it moves a lot slower! A lot slower!! Im not stupid I'm moving the mouse for the same amount of time allowing it to do a 180 but it moves a lot slower .I can move the mouse for half a second at medium speed and do a 180. But when I move the mouse past that 1:1 point   and move my mouse across the whole pad at a faster rate giving it easily more time than half a second  it takes longer to reach 180 .
« Last Edit: 01:52 AM - 12/25/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:52 AM - 12/25/11 »
Think of it in time.

Amount of spacetime needed to do 180deg say
(-----------------------------------------------------) 2 seconds

Amount of mouse spacetime on fast swipe.
(-----------------------) 1 seconds
See it ends up being 90degs which feels like it went slower since you went faster and yet the view stayed at a constant speed. you go faster you expect the view to follow and arrive sooner. You need to go slower and have the stick hold that point until the view reaches its destination. So your speed goes up you need more space to travel. because it will always take 2 seconds to 180.

Mist- wheres that gif again? :)

Please read this guys:
http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=15001.0

Its all in your head.
« Last Edit: 01:57 AM - 12/25/11 by dmxwyrw »

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:59 AM - 12/25/11 »
I can understand this being true with other games in gears 3 it's not doing that ! I'm giving it the same amount of time to reach 180 degrees with a little bit faster swipe and instead it takes twice as long . It's not in my head it's extremely easy to notice and very annoying . The speed moves slower !

Moving mouse medium speed:

(::::::: half a second 180 achieved with only moving mouse 4 inches.

LITTLE faster than medium speed.

(::::::::::::::::::: 2 seconds !!!!! Across whole mouse pad 10 inches  Not a fast swipe . Distance achieved 180 degrees.

It's not in my head. It's very apparent . Seriously I guess I'm going to have to make a video on this? Can someone please just try the translator and see how apparent it is. If it was in my head a fast swipe wouldn't just make it get STUCK and not move at all. And I'm not even complaining about that issue at all I don't do fast swipes.

g500 5700 dpi max settings in game and xim sensitivity set to 12.5 with only -1 clamp being used.

Sound crazy ? It is.

If OBsiv could make it work as you say dmx I would be very pleased.

Merry Christmas!

« Last Edit: 02:18 AM - 12/25/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor