XIM Community

Finally got the XIM3 dialed in for MW3  (Read 2891 times)

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
Finally got the XIM3 dialed in for MW3
« on: 08:58 AM - 12/08/11 »
I'm a little late to MW3, so I'm sure everyone has their XIM3 already fine tuned by now, but just in case anyone is having issues finding the sweet spot for their XIM3 for MW3, I'm posting my settings.  Everyone plays differently, so who knows if it will help, but it certainly can't hurt!

I use a Logitech G500 at 5700 DPI and 1000 Hz polling rate.  Here are my MW3 settings:

Translator: Smart Advanced
Game: CoD:MW3.1
Sensitivity: 29.00
Acceleration: 0.75
Y-X Ratio: 1.00
Smoothness: 0
Boost: 0

(I use the same settings for Secondary Mouse as well).

The trick for me personally was adding 0.75 acceleration.  Once I did that, it felt 1:1 for me.  This thing is awesome.

Here's a short video from my first game after finding these settings that I uploaded using the MW3 Theater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55odYQAETw
« Last Edit: 09:04 AM - 12/08/11 by [SCA]COBRA »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Finally got the XIM3 dialed in for MW3
« Reply #1 on: 09:45 AM - 12/08/11 »
To be clear, its no longer 1:1 if you add Acceleration. But, all that matters is that it feels right to you. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:02 AM - 12/08/11 »
To be clear, its no longer 1:1 if you add Acceleration. But, all that matters is that it feels right to you. :)

Sure thing, but it's all about how it FEELS (that's what she said).  8)

The key was definitely the acceleration.  Until I added that, I was struggling to find a good setting.  Once I did that, it was perfect.  Now it feels exactly like COD on the PC for me.

P.S.  Your device is awesome, and I spread the word as much as I can.  I hope this whole thing has been profitable for you.

Offline Agathon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:06 AM - 12/08/11 »
Hmm I may try these settings. I just got my Xim and set it up pretty well but have not tried acceleration yet. Maybe that will make it even better. Thanks ill try when I get home.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 10:59 AM - 12/08/11 »
P.S.  Your device is awesome, and I spread the word as much as I can.

Thank you, as always thank you for spreading the word!

Hmm I may try these settings. I just got my Xim and set it up pretty well but have not tried acceleration yet. Maybe that will make it even better. Thanks ill try when I get home.

Acceleration is in there if you want an additional speed increase at higher velocities. The negative is that the reticle is less predicable since it's no longer linear, but, some people like this (which is why Smart Advanced was added).
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Agathon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:30 AM - 12/08/11 »
Acceleration is in there if you want an additional speed increase at higher velocities. The negative is that the reticle is less predicable since it's no longer linear, but, some people like this (which is why Smart Advanced was added).
Good to know, thanks! :D

Offline modusoperandi

• Panem et circenses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:23 PM - 12/08/11 »
im using acceleration (0.65) for halo:reach aswell, feels ALOT better and less of a struggle to aim around.

Panem et circenses.

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:43 PM - 02/18/12 »
so do use 0.75 on ads as well ? an why 1000hz polling i thought people were saying 500hz is best ?
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:39 PM - 02/18/12 »
it depends on what mouse you use, some are better with 125hz, others with 500 or 1000
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin