XIM Community

XAE-ME questions...  (Read 2088 times)

Offline vulcan44

• View Profile
XAE-ME questions...
« on: 12:32 PM - 02/14/08 »
So I'm looking to play the game Dead Rising.  Only problem is I'm a lefty and the game has no built in support for southpaws.  My thought was I should be able to use a wireless M$ controller hooked up to my pc and reassign the buttons and sticks to operate the way I want in the game through the XIM>XFPS>Xbox360.  I have all the hardware needed and have been using the XIM software to play Halo 3 with a mouse and keyboard.    I've been trying to use the XAE software and have registered the DLL's.  Looking through the readme I've discovered that there don't seem to be any bindings that correspond to the wireless controller or any joystick/gamepad type devices, only to the keyboard/mouse right now.  Does anyone know when support for this will be available?  I would love to see the Xbox360 controller supported for this type of application.  It would make life a lot easier on us 'lefties' out there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: 01:20 PM - 02/14/08 by vulcan44 »

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
Re: XAE-ME questions...
« Reply #1 on: 02:23 PM - 02/14/08 »
Well, If I remember correctly that in your gamer profile on the 360 can change the movement options forcibly change the movement setting for lefties I think.

Offline vulcan44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:41 PM - 02/14/08 »
Nope, it's not in there anywhere.  Wish it was.  I've never really understood why they don't just do something like that to begin with.  Just make the controller(s) customizable 100% to the liking of the individual.  They are definately focused on right handers and give lefties the shaft.  Shame on them.  Makes me want to pull my hair out at times...I've even been considering a hardware mod to swap the sticks/triggers/bumpers...That was what got me interested in the XIM initially, stumbled on it in my searches for controller mods.

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:57 PM - 02/14/08 »
XAE should be able to use any analog input device that connects to the pc. However it must thru software (it's own not XAE) be able to be costomized ie right stick mapped to mouse x,y Red Button mapped to keyboard H. Something like a rumblepad should work as long as you can config it thru software like this. You will have to click on the analog device area of the top screen of the XIM which will bring up a list of avail devices.

John

Admin