I'm using this:

DZ: 6150  Square
Pri: 14.75
Sec: 20.00
Accel: -0.40
Y-X: 2.00
Smooth: 40
Diag Damp: 0.25

The big change was bumping the DZ to 6150 from 5100 (which I think is wrong for this game). It's not jittery at all and it's easy to make ADS shots, however it is a little slow, and very slow when it comes to 360 degree turn speeds.

What do you guys set the in-game controller settings to?

I wish there was an ST for this for the Xim 3.

Offline Calcifer

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Calciffer
Re: Resistance 3
« Reply #32 on: 04:33 PM - 06/14/12 »
I'm using this:

DZ: 6150  Square
Pri: 14.75
Sec: 20.00
Accel: -0.40
Y-X: 2.00
Smooth: 40
Diag Damp: 0.25

The big change was bumping the DZ to 6150 from 5100 (which I think is wrong for this game). It's not jittery at all and it's easy to make ADS shots, however it is a little slow, and very slow when it comes to 360 degree turn speeds.

What do you guys set the in-game controller settings to?

I wish there was an ST for this for the Xim 3.

ty for this and I usally max out controller setting

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
« Reply #33 on: 11:13 AM - 06/15/12 »
Well, I did a dumb thing - I forgot to max the controller :) I missed that in R3, "Camera Speed" means look speed, and I didn't have it turned all the way up. Doing that improved things considerably, although turn speed is still a little slow for my tastes.

I also turned off "Camera Acceleration" because I found it got in the way (with the controller, that setting speeds up your look speed the farther/longer you hold the analog stick, which doesn't play nice with a mouse).

I tweaked my sensitivity down to 12.75 again since 14.75 was too much once the controller speed was upped. It works pretty good - it's not as good as the KZ3/Reach ST combo, but it's not bad at all particularly in single player. The last thing I have left to tweak is the Diag. Damp - I think the recommended 2.0 is off, my up/down speed is definitely a little slower than my left/right. I'm going to tweak this some more.

Also I've found that the online community for R3 has faded quite a bit - in fact I think there are more players still on Resistance 1, which seems to be the standard bearer for this series still. I may work on a config for that one next.

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
« Reply #34 on: 03:15 PM - 06/18/12 »
Just updating - for the maybe 2 other people who play this game with the Xim 3 :) - to say that I adjusted the Diagonal ratio to 1.60 from 2.0 and it's made a big difference.

Big turns are still a little slow - I'm really hoping for a good Edge ST for this one, as I now plan on getting an Edge because I use my PS3 more than my 360 these days.

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05:28 AM - 07/17/12 »
Has anyone been using the Edge for RS3 im going to get the game back from my bruv this weekend and thought i would have a lil session this im hoping there are still a few playing online.

Anyone who has been playing with settings for RS3 with the Edge please share

Cheers