MW3 rant  (Read 13890 times)

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
MW3 rant
« on: 06:09 PM - 11/29/11 »
I've been a loyal customer of the CoD series for years.  I was really looking forward to the release of MW3 in anticipation of it being a fun game like CoD4 and MW2.  Sadly I'm extremely disappointed and to the point of disgust with this pathetic product.

Activision did absolutely nothing to make the graphics better and what little they did change has been an absolute disaster.  I've never played a game with the lag compensation so bad.  In several death cams I've watched, when the enemy saw me compared to where I saw him, there was a good .25-.5 second difference.  This works both ways.  I've gotten many kills where I saw and shot him before the enemy had a chance to see me.  It just depends on whose hosting.  I'm not even gonna talk about the spawn points or terrible maps.........

If you're having a terrible round and can't figure out what's going on, watch a few death cams and see how much sooner the enemy saw you before you saw him.  You'll see what I mean.  If you have uber internet speed you won't have to worry cause you're hosting all the time and this won't be an issue......lol.

It's obvious that this was just a money grab for Activision with them putting no effort into R & D to make the game better.  Even with a miracle patch to the game, this will be my last CoD game and I'm pissed at myself for giving them $60 for this sh*t product.
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
AKG K702's - DSS2 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
Re: MW3 rant
« Reply #1 on: 06:14 PM - 11/29/11 »
you're an idiot

first activision is not a game developer

second, you cant make something look any better without
A) dropping the texture streaming out of mw2/bo/mw3 back to the @#$% looking textures used before
2) dropping the general accomplishment of running 60fps

third, what the @#$% does a "death cam" which is a 20fps recording of what the HOST decides what happens in a 60fps game have to do with what "really happened". hey @#$%, here's what "really happened" you both shot at each other. you both likely triggered "death" events, the host read the timestamp of both from XXXXXX time elapsed from the game and YOU STILL LOST WHINEY @#$%

yes, ill give you the spawn system in return for acknowledging the spawn system has ALWAYS been complete trash throughout current COD generations.
cod4 trash, didn't even have enough spawns to spawn everyone into a game
[email protected] trash, team spawning is moronic
MW2, trash revenge spawning
BO trash, revenge spawning
MW3 trash, wierd priority list for spawns

in no case have spawns been worth a @#$% in COD

and ill be damned if any of you whine @#$% hillbillies could have EVER competed in Quake Unreal Serious, or any other game when you just spawn willy nilly with no regards to ANYTHING
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline iroc42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:19 PM - 11/29/11 »
lag compensation is terrible at times i agree. i find its okay mid day, but towards late night sessions and start hooking up with overseas players it gets bad.

but your rant on graphics i think is somewhat out of place. personally, id prefer the 60fps over better graphics at 30fps any day (some will argue otherwise). the hardware (consoles) hasn't changed and doesn't give cod much room for improvement. the graphics are better than it's predecessors but yes, very marginal at best. there aren't great strides because the game is built for consoles and ported to PCs. but any drastic improvements would definitely compromise the going rate of 60fps. compare to how awesome BF3 looks like on PC, but barely looks better than bad company 2 on consoles.

i have a strong belief come the next gen consoles, cod and mw will take a very different approach. what has been working for the MW series has been just that... working. and to make any drastic changes now will do more harm than good. but on a new console with new hardware, it gives them the ideal time to reinvent the franchise once again.

Offline shantzonpoint

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BRATSandBEER
  • PSN ID: BRATSandBEER
« Reply #3 on: 06:26 PM - 11/29/11 »
you're an idiot

Wow that hurt........ That's the best you could come up with Mr. 13 time National Champ?  The deathcam gives you reference of what you saw compared to the guy that killed you.  I didn't think I'd have to explain that one.....  ::)  My k/d is 2.23 and my win/loss ratiio is 1.93 so I win a hell of a lot more than I lose.  Go play with some toys and leave this conversation to the adults.

Thanks for the honest reply IROC.  I appreciate some intelligent responses like yours.  I am just aggrivated that this game took such a step back from previous Modern Warfare games.  You would think they (Activision.....the people who call the shots) would want more from their developers.
« Last Edit: 06:39 PM - 11/29/11 by shantzonpoint »
Xbox One - PS4 - PC
Netduma R1
BenQ RL2755HM Monitor
AKG K702's - DSS2 - ModMic 4.0
Razer Orbweaver
Logitech G502

Offline jas0n

• KA PAOW!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:25 PM - 11/29/11 »
I'd like to believe that the lag compensation will be short term, I don't recall it being a real concern in previous IW titles during their time in the spot light. Graphics.. well as iroc42 mentioned console hardware is dated, it's also not an easy balancing act to have 60fps and pretty graphics all under the constraint of limited hardware.

You'd think with all the money and popularity this franchise makes they could have provided dedicated servers, but that would be spoiling their loyal fans.
« Last Edit: 07:29 PM - 11/29/11 by jas0n »
Xim3+Xim2 (Xbox 360 Controller Wired)
Logitech G15v2 + G13
Logitech G500
Astro MixAmp + Beyerdynamic DT880
Sennheiser HD598 AD700
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:38 PM - 11/29/11 »
I've been a loyal customer of the CoD series for years.  I was really looking forward to the release of MW3 in anticipation of it being a fun game like CoD4 and MW2.  Sadly I'm extremely disappointed and to the point of disgust with this pathetic product.

Activision did absolutely nothing to make the graphics better and what little they did change has been an absolute disaster.  I've never played a game with the lag compensation so bad.  In several death cams I've watched, when the enemy saw me compared to where I saw him, there was a good .25-.5 second difference.  This works both ways.  I've gotten many kills where I saw and shot him before the enemy had a chance to see me.  It just depends on whose hosting.  I'm not even gonna talk about the spawn points or terrible maps.........

If you're having a terrible round and can't figure out what's going on, watch a few death cams and see how much sooner the enemy saw you before you saw him.  You'll see what I mean.  If you have uber internet speed you won't have to worry cause you're hosting all the time and this won't be an issue......lol.

It's obvious that this was just a money grab for Activision with them putting no effort into R & D to make the game better.  Even with a miracle patch to the game, this will be my last CoD game and I'm pissed at myself for giving them $60 for this sh*t product.

We hear you brother - Vent all you want. ;D

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #6 on: 11:04 PM - 11/29/11 »
"lag compensation" is only a problem for me when I party up with people far away from me. Overall I like this game. I feel like its more focused on shooting each other rather than harriers, which is good. My biggest complaint is that the maps leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully some new ones come out soon. Graphics aren't going to improve on a console this old.

Offline JayOdom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:24 PM - 11/29/11 »
"lag compensation" is only a problem for me when I party up with people far away from me. Overall I like this game. I feel like its more focused on shooting each other rather than harriers, which is good. My biggest complaint is that the maps leave a lot to be desired. Hopefully some new ones come out soon. Graphics aren't going to improve on a console this old.

^^This.

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07
« Reply #8 on: 01:35 AM - 11/30/11 »
you're an idiot

My k/d is 2.23 and my win/loss ratiio is 1.93 so I win a hell of a lot more than I lose.

How does this back up your argument?

Not trying to be mean but flashing your mediocore kd means nothing to this.

Offline iroc42

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:56 AM - 11/30/11 »
i'm not sold on the idea that dedicated servers are the solution. i still have plenty of @#$% moments in GOW3 (i believe they are dedicated) as well as BF3's failed xbox launch and they had a fraction of sales compared to MW3 presales. there are still plenty to complain about with dedicated servers. it is no cure all.

Offline jimmy707

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BLAZE XVII
« Reply #10 on: 04:42 AM - 11/30/11 »
I think the OP has every right to be pissed off, like we all do. It was nice of Toys to pitch in with some constructive comments and positive re enforcement, but this isn't the first COD title. I never had lag issues in COD4 and that was what...4 years ago? How does technology go backwards? IW have no excuse for this @#$%. I bet when asked why the lag compensation is so bad in MW3 they will say "cos [email protected] YOU THAT'S WHY!"

Offline CaptainBiscuit

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CaptainBiscuit1
« Reply #11 on: 04:50 AM - 11/30/11 »
Just my experience but no problems at all with mw3. Very rarely have any lag, xim is feeling great. I play with a lower sensitivity which could be helping aim assist, also I turn theatre mode off which should help.

The main thing however is that most of the maps in mw3 are tiny. If your struggling with lag then run an SMG with rapid fire and see how you do. I completely dominate on maps like dome and hard hat with pp90 and rapid. Untouchable.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:16 AM - 11/30/11 »
Just my experience but no problems at all with mw3. Very rarely have any lag, xim is feeling great. I play with a lower sensitivity which could be helping aim assist, also I turn theatre mode off which should help.

The main thing however is that most of the maps in mw3 are tiny. If your struggling with lag then run an SMG with rapid fire and see how you do. I completely dominate on maps like dome and hard hat with pp90 and rapid. Untouchable.

This is the same way a counter lag, at first I was on to Assault rifles doing mediocre. As soon as I started running around with the striker my match k/d ratio went up to almost 3.0 every match, and I always go positive. The only problem I have with running around like a maniac is that I canít get a kill streak higher than 12 so far and also my win to loose percentage is low because the team mates I play with suck, I usually have to carry the team.

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:23 AM - 11/30/11 »
For any of you noobs who think the lag compensation is fine in MW3 you're just that, a total and complete rubbish noob.

Now that the ad hominems are out there, and you have been put in your noobish place (under my feet), I'll once again make notice of just how wrong you are:

YOU

ARE

WRONG

(sup?)

Wanna make lag compensation favor you every corner turn with the controller noob who is playing on low speed laggy dsl?

Download about 2 torrents and crank up your download/upload so you have around 250MS in game - takes some playing with.

After you do this plus disable theatre mode = profit.

Once I did this, MW3 is amazing (aside from the pathetically small and 7,000 choke point direction maps/terrible spawns/terrible killstreaks (who uses them anymore anyways)/ridiculous autoaim.

I am Spartacus!

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
  • Gamertag: ABigDeal
« Reply #14 on: 09:05 AM - 11/30/11 »
Mw3 spawns are so bad that I was playing on Seatown and spawned in Dome. hahaha sry
A.K.A QnUP2C
Twitch TV Abigdeal Gaming - LIVE STREAM
Abigdeal Gaming - Personal Youtube Channel
Origin: abigdeal