XIM Community

KB/M Question  (Read 564 times)

Offline Skuldy

• View Profile
KB/M Question
« on: 04:42 AM - 11/28/11 »
First time visiting the site. Always have been a PC gamer, but it seems the consoles are taking over for FPS games now a days. I currently own a Steelseries 6G v2 keyboard (wired) and Logitech MX1000 mouse (wireless). I was just wondering if these would be good for the XIM3. I'm mostly concerned with the mouse lag that would be associated with the product or the mouse being wireless. My Mouse is fairly old and has 800 DPI. Wondering if I may need a new mouse or not for this. I'm looking for a pretty much identical experience as PC apart from the graphics.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 04:54 AM - 11/28/11 by Skuldy »

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
Re: KB/M Question
« Reply #1 on: 05:02 AM - 11/28/11 »
Welcome to XIM :)

Firstly your question about the mouse,  the chances are your mouse will work but the higher the dpi the better.
I use a G500 and it seems to be a favourite around here.

As for the identical PC feel it all depends on the actual game itself as the games are made with a limit.  For example halo or GOW has a much slower turn rate than say COD or BF3.  If you imagine holding the thumb stick at 100% thats the limit xim can reproduce too.

The good news is BF3 and COD play 99% like PC.  It will take you a few hours to adjust to the slight change in feel but after that you will find you style.  I play so much xim now that when I try to play PC that feels weird for a couple of hours too.

XIM is head and shoulders above any other KB/M converter and you will soon see why if you visit the forums frequently and see how this community pushes if they dont like something.

HTH

Ulti

Offline Skuldy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:19 AM - 11/28/11 »
Very good post. I'm mostly looking to get it for MW3 as PC gaming seems to be dead for the game. I was thinking about getting the G500 or the G700. Is there any issues that arise with wireless mice? I love wireless mice because of the freedom. However, if it is going to hinder my game play, i'm willing to go wired E.G. the G500. Just want to make sure my keyboard and mouse will work well with the product.

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #3 on: 05:43 AM - 11/28/11 »
The G700 is supported so no issue there.  Its just my personal preference to stay away from wireless for gaming.

You can check the hardware compatibility thread here for confirmation on any peripherals http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=8399.0