XIM Community

Obsessive can you PLEASE make a new GOW 3 ST to play better on the new firmware?  (Read 1089 times)

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
The GOW 3 ST was working great, and AMAZING for the ADS. Now the ADS is horrible and it just doesn't work. It alternates between going slow and moving fast when aiming. I never had that problem before.. Before my mouse movement distance would match the screen movement. Now when I move my mouse somewhat slow, it drags, going higher sensitivity does help it somewhat but when I start moving the mouse faster It jumps somewhat fast now. Its just not working right at all anymore like it used to. Ive been playing with the Primary mouse settings for a couple hours now and I got it decent I guess, but no matter what I try ADS just isnt working like a charm anymore.

BTW Im only touching the sensitivity like youve suggested. I've only ever touched sensitivity in ADS before, and still am, and it's really bad now, and it seems like I had to rid the boost from primary all together, doesnt seem necessary anymore I dont think with the new firmware....

Can you please check it out and see what I mean? I would really appreciate it because I don't even play MW3, Gears is my game, and now Its just hard playing. Seems like the new firmware matches the acceleration in the game A LOT better, which is fine I guess, but  Before the movement of the distance of mouse across the mousepad would match very well to the game, and now for both primary and secondary is seems like it takes a lot more advantage of the acceleration of the control stick and it kinda jumps between the two, especially ADS.

Well Thanks if you do, I really don't wanna be using old firmwares so in the mean time ill keep playing with it try to get it best I can.. And if that never happens how do I make my own ST? Im willing to put whatever time I have to into it.
« Last Edit: 04:13 AM - 11/26/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
SteelSeries I-Experience Glass mouse pad
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor
$5 black logitech keyboard

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
Sigh...Cant even make a decent circular movement with ADS anymore. It drags so much... and seems more like a "0" type of circle now when I try to do one while aiming. Anyone know a quick fix for this? I really hope they come out with a newer better smart translator, it's the only reason why I bought xim 3 lol.
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
GoW3 has a significant velocity jump while in ADS. I'm not sure how you didn't feel it before?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Nick7

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Gamertag: NeX XIM3
Re-flash your device. The same thing happened to me where there would be a significant jump in velocity at random moments in my movement. After I loaded the new firmware and ST over again things seemed to pan out.

I actually have a video on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qINmXlWwo

If this is happening to you then it is an easy fix.
Am I the only one that plays GOW3 on here?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Really? You reflashed and the behavior changed?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I watched your video and that doesn't look right at all. You reflashed and that behavior shown in the video no longer happens?

Offline Nick7

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Gamertag: NeX XIM3
Correct. It was very distinctive behavior that was non-existent after I re-flashed the same firmware. I forgot what firmware version it was (I'm out of town), but it was the one that improved responsiveness.
« Last Edit: 01:50 PM - 11/26/11 by Nick7 »
Am I the only one that plays GOW3 on here?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Wow, ok, it sounds like the ST was corrupt on your XIM3. Yes, if you are getting the same behavior as this video, I'd recommend doing a full factory restore.

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
First I would like to thank obsessive for taking the time to answer posts thanks I really appreciate it. Second I would like to thank Nick for still playing Gow3 so I'm not alone if I run into a problem lol.

BTW, watched the video... I don't have that problem.. When I try to do a circle, As Im circling around and I go near the top of the circle it moves more to the left. It doesnt slide across the screen like the video or have me lose complete control, it just moves more to the left,and when it hits that point it "jumps" a bit and the movement begins to move faster as it jumps towards a  horizontal oval. This happens at random points in creating the circle, either moving more towards the left or right...Hard to explain. Any chance you can just check it out obessive? Ill try to reflash the firmware though.

Just a couple questions....

1. How do I go about reflashing the firmware, exactly what steps do I take? I don't wanna do something wrong any chance theres a thread on this?
2. When you reflashed the firmware did you do the latest one or did you back track to the previous one?
3. Any chance there will be another Gow3 ST in the future, it could always use some tweaking to get as close to "pc" feel as possible, there's ALWAYS room for improvement. And if not, any chance someone can explain to me how I can go about making a ST? or possibly modifying the current one by just tweaking it if thats possible??

and final question... Did the latest firmware change the look mechanics and feel of the movement or is it just in my head? So Obsessive, are you saying the same exact settings I used previously should work just the same in the latest firmware?
« Last Edit: 05:12 AM - 11/27/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
No problem, just trying to help.

Are you black dotting when things aren't feeling right to you (such as when you are trying to move your reticule in a circle)?