XIM Community

Simple question just need someone to point in right direction  (Read 868 times)

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
I've been searching google and these forums for a while I just can't seem to find it.

Can someone direct me to a thread where everything in smart advanced is explained? Boost, acceleration, etc...  Trying to get my Gears of war 3 config as "best as it can be". I know it can never be perfect though.

edit: NVM I found mist4funs thread. Just curious whats a good number for acceleration? The game turns fine like I want it but when Im in a shotgun battle and I start wall bouncing and turning the mouse to look around sometimes itll start going faster than usual and do a full 360... would .75 acceleration mean that when it gets to 75% of look speed it wont accelerate passed that?

Thanks, btw if you play Gears of war 3 and you wanna play a couple games maybe go private and mess around 1v1 drop your GT ill add you.
« Last Edit: 08:10 PM - 11/25/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
SteelSeries I-Experience Glass mouse pad
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor
$5 black logitech keyboard

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I suggest you do not use Smart Advanced. Start with Smart.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Nick7

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Gamertag: NeX XIM3
Will you be around this Monday? I could get on and give you some pointers.
Am I the only one that plays GOW3 on here?

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
Interesting after updating to the latest firmware seems like I don't need boost anymore and I needed to actually downgrade the sensitivity too; or maybe its just in my head?

Edit: Well this sucks the big one.... I cant aim for crap anymore... Its so weird now. in ADS Ive only ever touched the sensitivity, nothing else and it worked perfect. Now after the update, its just weird aiming, no matter how high sensitivity I put, when I'm aiming at someone if I start moving the mouse slow when im tracing the person  it drags real slow and I lose them and when I try to move it faster it goes slow to real fast.. And trying to get it in between It just ends up slowing down super slow once Im following them with my crosshair. What happened????

Just one thing that bugs me is the acceleration part in gears, need to figure which value to slow it down at to make it all around the same mouse speed no matter  how long I move the mouse for..

Ya ill be on monday whats your GT?
« Last Edit: 03:15 AM - 11/26/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Offline 70deuce

• View Profile
Obsessive, can you please explain how boost and acceleration work? I obviously need to use it now in ADS. The problem is I cant move the mouse SUPER fast and do a super fast 360. But the game allows me to move the mouse SUPER slow and move super slow. So I got one, but not the other, so theres the problem. So when I got the cross hair on someone and following them slowly It just starts going super slow now... Just need to know how acceleration works, what value would I need to completely skip the super slow movement ?? I wanna be able to move my mouse slow and have it move a little fast, and move the mouse fast and have it go faster... Because when I move it fast and catch them and start moving it slower to stay on them it just drags completely now...

I basically just want the distance I move my mouse to match the screen. No matter how fast or slow im moving it...I know its not possible but before It was good. Now its just acceleration and deacceleration in both directions it seems... Because now Its just jumping between the two as im aiming ..

Thanks to anyone who helps me.
« Last Edit: 03:29 AM - 11/26/11 by 70deuce »
Logitech G400
Asus 27" 1ms GTG Monitor

Admin