XIM Community

mw3 person icon w/ plus sign  (Read 6321 times)

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
mw3 person icon w/ plus sign
« on: 09:20 AM - 11/19/11 »
i've had a lot of people asking me what that icon was and i had never seen it. saw it for the first time yesterday and decided to look the person who had it. Noticed that he was in the same elite groups as i was. So there you go, it's because they are in the same groups. This one in particular was the group #turtle_beach.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: mw3 person icon w/ plus sign
« Reply #1 on: 11:49 AM - 11/19/11 »
I've run into a lot more people from the xim3 group than I ever expected to considering there's only 70 users in it. I suspect some of them of not actually having a xim from watching their kill cams though. Also not a single one has talked back to me when I ask them about it and i've run into probably between ten and fifteen

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #2 on: 12:24 PM - 11/19/11 »
I've run into a lot more people from the xim3 group than I ever expected to considering there's only 70 users in it. I suspect some of them of not actually having a xim from watching their kill cams though. Also not a single one has talked back to me when I ask them about it and i've run into probably between ten and fifteen

Haha, we'll hook up one of these days.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline paradox

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: nodicaL
  • PSN ID: nodicaL
« Reply #3 on: 12:41 PM - 11/19/11 »
I have yet to meet another XIM other than the ones I have on my friends list.
Personally looking forward to the day!

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:42 PM - 11/19/11 »
Its weird coming from playin MW2 last month with 1 xim user on every couple days to MW3 now with 10+ XIM users from my friends list on at all times haha. I'll just ditch them next time and spread the love.

Yesterday we played a whole clan of people with matching gamertags and whatnot and 2 or 3 of them were in the #XIM3 group, but they didn't mention it and we had it as clan tags and titles and even asked them about it. They lost pretty badly and backed out of the lobby though so I never found out if they really had one. It seems to be impossible to link someone to the stats from a game on elite, which is lame.
« Last Edit: 12:52 PM - 11/19/11 by stetab »

Offline paradox

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: nodicaL
  • PSN ID: nodicaL
« Reply #5 on: 12:44 PM - 11/19/11 »
Its weird coming from playin MW2 last month with 1 xim user on every couple days to MW3 now with 10+ XIM users from my friends list on at all times haha. I'll just ditch them next time and spread the love.

Yesterday we played a whole clan of people with matching gamertags and whatnot and 2 or 3 of them were in the #XIM3 group, but they didn't mention it and we had it as clan tags and titles and even asked them about it. They lost pretty badly and backed out of the lobby though so I never found out if they really had one.

I don't understand why they would be in the XIM3 group if they don't actually have one.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:35 PM - 11/19/11 »

Yesterday we played a whole clan of people with matching gamertags and whatnot and 2 or 3 of them were in the #XIM3 group, but they didn't mention it and we had it as clan tags and titles and even asked them about it. They lost pretty badly and backed out of the lobby though so I never found out if they really had one.

I don't understand why they would be in the XIM3 group if they don't actually have one.

Yeah I have a couple ideas about what's going on :P

1. It's showing that people have a common group and they actually don't
2. People have signed up for the group but they are not yet showing on COD Elite (i checked for some of they players who's GT i kind of remembered and didn't find them)

If #2 is true and they don't have a XIM, they might have joined the group because they wanted to know when they should back out of a lobby before they get a beating :P

Offline SingJai

• View Profile
    • Bay Area Pwnage [510]
  • Gamertag: Oakland Blocks
« Reply #7 on: 10:02 PM - 11/19/11 »

Yeah I have a couple ideas about what's going on :P

1. It's showing that people have a common group and they actually don't
2. People have signed up for the group but they are not yet showing on COD Elite (i checked for some of they players who's GT i kind of remembered and didn't find them)

If #2 is true and they don't have a XIM, they might have joined the group because they wanted to know when they should back out of a lobby before they get a beating :P

You can look at past games on your COD Elite Recent Matches, click on scoreboard and select the player.

Keep in mind, even with XIM3, it varies from gamestyle. I have a friend with XIM3 who started out great on MW3 but I started out @#$%. Why? Because I was too use to the mindless run and gun Black Ops style I use to have, instinct only gamestyle. My friend prefer to be tactical but still aggressive. He describes my style as insanity, caffeinated induced craziness sometimes. I would rack up top scoreboard with the highest score but my kd is usually low 1.0kd in MW3 doing so.

MW3 forced me to change my game style, only minor adjustments but I'm finally doing consistent 2.0kd and higher. Also finally got my 5.0kd Emblem/Title after that.

So even with XIM3, you can still do badly.

Admin