XIM Community

xbox360fanboy newbies + Dustin Burg proves yet again he's dumb.  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Chris612

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: silentkiller747
Yeah, seems like a lot of work for nothing. Wiimotes are for noobs imo.

What is this analog trigger support that has been talked about? Is it something that only the xflex boards have and not the revBs?
Proud owner of an XIM2 DIY Noob Owning Machine, and now an XIM3!

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
Both boards have them. It was the Revision C and D (I have been incorrect in labeling the XFlex boards as Revision D) boards that were going to lack analog for both triggers, back when the DACs used by the Rev B design were in short supply.

http://xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=1379.0

Offline Chris612

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: silentkiller747
ah, thanks for clarification. It's odd that this is the first time I've heard of this.
Proud owner of an XIM2 DIY Noob Owning Machine, and now an XIM3!

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
ah, thanks for clarification. It's odd that this is the first time I've heard of this.
Very very few Revs were fabricated that had "digital triggers". We almost had to make the xflex with the larger dacs and even tried to fit three on the flex but Derek found the parts we needed last minute.  ;D

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
I've been trying to get the wiimote working with the profile for it but just doesn't seem to be working for me atm.  :'(

Don't you have to use glovepie software with the Wii remote to make it work?

The thing is I used glovepie and it worked fine on the pc and it just didn't detect it on xim360, but I guess I'll need to make a direct input script for it to make it work right hopefully.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
Yes, $180 is way too expensive... especially when the system can be had for $20 more.

Whether it is justifiable or not, its too expensive.  If it worked perfectly in every game, had a detachable mini-usb cable and/or was wireless, it would still be too expensive.

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
That depends on the person. Any given setup I have running through the XIM2 costs more than the $180 pre-builts, but I bothered to build one when the first preorder came about. That and I only bought the console due to the XFPS and XIM to begin with, so I knew what I was getting in to and the costs involved. I will agree that it is too much for anyone who shouldn't be spending money on video games and their accessories.