XIM Community

We made the mlgpro forums  (Read 2011 times)

Offline sam5560

• View Profile
We made the mlgpro forums
« on: 11:29 AM - 01/24/09 »
We made the most popular thread of the day woooooooooo!!!
Hi guys just found this on the mlg forums http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221411&page=2.
Their all against it which is to expected.

Offline Snow

• Master of Radiation
    • View Profile
Re: We made the mlgpro forums
« Reply #1 on: 01:07 PM - 01/24/09 »
sigh,
Why is it that so many seriously think the controller is unique or that it should stay. Even the controller humpers lovers admitted the fact that you have to continually compensate for crappy aim by strafing, sweeping, etc. Isn't that enough to point out how useless thumbsticks are for aim. I've watched many Halo 2 MLG tourneys and despite that some players get some nice shots, you can still see how inaccurate aim is and how they constantly sweep around. If you like having skills in using a controller - as in jumping and moving around to dodge and then sweeping or strafing to nail your target.. all the power to you, but if you have a better option where you can actually play like you want to in an FPS game - which is accurately aim and nail your target... wouldn't you want that instead? With a controller you play FPS's a whole different way. It's obvious that it's worse than it's meant. A controller is good for games meant to be played with a controller - platformers, racing games, some rpg's, etc. Consoles weren't released as controller only because companies like microsoft thought that controllers are superior input devices. No. It was rather to control what kind of input device works with the console. Xboxs can be turned into PC's. A native mouse and keyboard environment would only encourage hardware hackers even more (in microsofts eyes). If you took an xbox mlg pro player to a lan tournament and told him or her to play an FPS like CS or UT3 on a PC, would they ask to use a controller instead? Are these people just so blind? @#$%. Have a voice for once. We are all gamers. The products are made for us. We are paying for them. What we use as input should be our choice.
"Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb" - Dark Helmet

Offline sam5560

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:53 PM - 01/24/09 »
I totally agree. Everyone who plays in the mlg playlist are all little @#$% and think that one day they might go pro hahaha and dont want anyone to have an advantage by using a different control method and stopping them. personally I think that there isnt a massive advantage in halo 3 as its a game made for controllers and is very slow. But with cod4 for example its way to easy with the xim  :).
Anyways its a bit of free publicity but expect a few little @#$% to appear on the forums to give us a bit of @#$%.

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:22 PM - 01/24/09 »
Might as well leave them to their own foolishness. It is not as if they could ever do anything about it anyway, besides gaining an extra excuse as to why they couldn't win or filing false complaints against everyone who beats them, the latter being more likely to earn them a ban than playing with the XIM2.

Post #35 is worrying, though. The XIM2 does handle more accurately in Halo 3 than the XIM1, but that post makes it sound as if he is expecting a software hack. Not sure if disappointment is expected.
« Last Edit: 03:32 PM - 01/24/09 by CEOrko »

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
« Reply #4 on: 03:28 PM - 01/24/09 »
The MLG playlist is full of boosting, second account, ******, "wannabes" anyways.

Admin edit: profanity
« Last Edit: 04:42 PM - 01/25/09 by OMGsus »
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:44 PM - 01/24/09 »
Why would anyone care anything about the MLG??? The MLG is nothing but a group of 13 year old wanna be's that can't cut it in any type of league play LoL!
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:53 PM - 01/24/09 »
Guys,

Who cares what other people think about the XIM360 project?  As long as you enjoy the games you play more than you did before because of your ability to play with a mouse and keyboard, then @#$% the mindless ignorant sheep who don't know better.  We're not on a campaign to change the way the world thinks.

Offline MadClown

• Boogle
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: MadClown5
« Reply #7 on: 09:42 PM - 01/24/09 »
Ive allways hated MLG, This kid in my school is like one of the top GoW players on gamebattles and he's garbage, he thinks he's teh @#$%, I humor him to make him feel better.
Tons of damage.

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:16 AM - 01/27/09 »
Some of the first posts are actually somewhat thought out but the thread deteriorates as it goes on.  I gotta say, why do people think that having your PC near the XBOX is such a big deal?   ??? ??? Laptop anyone?

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:27 PM - 01/27/09 »
Eh, who knows. What someone can't have a laptop or a wireless keyboard / mouse? I bought my dad a decent Logitech MX 3200 for Christmas. He's yet to charge the AA nimh batteries I put in them (Keep in mind they loose about 30% of their charge just sitting in the first month!) He uses his comp maby 10 hours a day. Yet you can walk through a wall into the next room A good 20' away and the keyboard still works 100%.

Apparantly binding a macro to start a program (I use alt+ctrl+X to start XIM.exe hehe) and counting to five is too hard for some people.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:29 AM - 01/28/09 »
and they say ignorance is bliss

I refuse to ever be involved in any more forum rant wars about xim360. Its just too frustrating.

you can lead a fool to knowledge, but you can't make them learn.

instead I'll just hang out here when I'm not ruining live, or Halo3, or GoW2, or CodWaW, or UT3, for everyone else.

no rapid-fire
no macros
no bridging
no switching
just me, and my xim360
= legit pwnage
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:57 AM - 01/28/09 »
Eh, who knows. What someone can't have a laptop or a wireless keyboard / mouse? I bought my dad a decent Logitech MX 3200 for Christmas. He's yet to charge the AA nimh batteries I put in them (Keep in mind they loose about 30% of their charge just sitting in the first month!) He uses his comp maby 10 hours a day. Yet you can walk through a wall into the next room A good 20' away and the keyboard still works 100%.

Apparantly binding a macro to start a program (I use alt+ctrl+X to start XIM.exe hehe) and counting to five is too hard for some people.

I do CTRL ALT Z for my xim hehe.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline sam5560

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:53 AM - 01/28/09 »
imagine getting so good that you could go to an event and setting up your xim that would amazing just to see their faces.
I kind of got banned from the mlg forums defending the xim along with a few choice words to a little 13 year old kid no doubt. haha

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:21 PM - 01/28/09 »
Meh, if the XIM had its own onboard stuff for programmable configs/processing. You could show up with a trackball in a controller like that PS2 demo unit that never came about afew years ago.
I could rock a trackball controller hardcore, 80dpi trackball = 400dpi mouse, 400dpi trackball = 2000dpi+ mouse.
http://www.trackballer.com/
[/size]

Admin