XIM Community

XIMCommander with simple joystick support  (Read 18947 times)

Offline Wurstwasser

• View Profile
Re: XIMCommander with simple joystick support
« Reply #15 on: 04:41 PM - 12/01/11 »
I'm on Win7 x64 too and it works fine. But i have no clue what this could be, you don't have another joystick to test, do you?

Offline AsiaticDefense

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Asiatic Defense
  • PSN ID: Asiaticdefense22
« Reply #16 on: 05:34 PM - 12/01/11 »
I do. I'll try it later.
Weapons of Mass Destruction:
XIM2
XIM3
XIM4
CHProducts Fighterstick
CHProducts Combatstick
Saitek X65-F
CST Pro Trackball
Panther XL V3 by Steveo
Astro Mixamp 58 Wireless
Beats by Dr. Dre Pros (PC Gaming)
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro (Console Gaming)
XBOX One
Gaming PC w/GTX780 SLI, 4Ghz Quad, 12Gig DDR3

Offline JohnGalt2001

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:43 AM - 12/03/11 »
I'm Back.  :o
So, I've been using the joystick setup since three days after BF3 launched on the Xbox 360. It's reliable about 95% of the time, occasionally I'll get an error on the XIM Commander program that forces me to go to task manager in Windows and close it manually. Usually I can just restart it again on the desktop with no problems; usually takes about 15 seconds which in a game like BF3 is not too crazy.
The errors I get specifically include: XIM not recognized/found (usually from a result of trying to start the joystick program before the Xbox and the XIM are completely booted up). The second error I usually run into is when the joystick program becomes unresponsive for an unknown reason like I described above.
Wurstwasser, I know we're all very busy but I was wondering if next time you are messing around with the joystick program if you could enable or somehow configure the program to receive inputs from additional analog sources such as the  stick twist rudder inputs and the throttle inputs. I know from your previous post that you're using rudder inputs from a key bound source (z-axis as key inputs) but this results in a full on or full off signal which can be impossible to use sometimes for fine flight adjustments such as when you're in the Little Bird and you're trying to fine tune the strafing run. I am not assuming to know anything at all about what goes into constructing or coding for this -- so if it's something that would take days to configure, test, and compile then just forget it, I'll make do. I just thought since your awesomeness got us this far maybe I could nudge you to do one more thing.

Offline Wurstwasser

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11:23 AM - 12/07/11 »
The problem is that the JoystickInput struct from OBSiV only supports 40 buttons and y- and x-axis.
But kodek64 has released is .Net XimCommander where you should be able to map all axis your joystick has to the sticks. You could try that.

EDIT: OK i updated the program, now it should be a bit more stable.
« Last Edit: 08:03 AM - 12/09/11 by Wurstwasser »

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:47 AM - 12/20/11 »
Thanks Wurstwasser for the app. Would it be possible to get a version with that mouse support added? I tried to compile it myself, but I couldnt solve all errors. Im noob with coding. lol
Ive tried kodeks app and its great, but it disables xbox controller and with all other config switchers its a big mess to try to switch between xbox controller and joystick.

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:01 AM - 12/21/11 »
Thanks Wurstwasser for the app. Would it be possible to get a version with that mouse support added? I tried to compile it myself, but I couldnt solve all errors. Im noob with coding. lol
Ive tried kodeks app and its great, but it disables xbox controller and with all other config switchers its a big mess to try to switch between xbox controller and joystick.

You can hit Alt-F1 and it toggles between joystick and xbox controller. Have you tried that? :)
XIM Sensitivity Calculator!
http://xim3-app.heroku.com/

Offline Wurstwasser

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:16 AM - 12/21/11 »
OK, I compiled a version with mouse passthrough activated. It's in the first post.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:47 PM - 12/21/11 »
Ok, thanks  :). Ill report later if mouse feels wierder than with normal Commander.

You can hit Alt-F1 and it toggles between joystick and xbox controller. Have you tried that? :)

Yeah i know, but 2 buttons for one switch is too much. lol
And your app makes it differently. With your app, those sticks and other buttons cant be mapped in xim3.

Offline Skyflakes

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:24 PM - 01/05/12 »
Im having problems using this. It keeps saying 'Failed creating input device' or 'Failed connecting to xim'

but when i use the latest XimCommander, it works... I just want the keyboard passthrough and not the mouse since I have a separate mouse for my computer

Offline Wurstwasser

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:12 AM - 01/06/12 »
It fails if there is no joystick connected to your PC.

Offline Skyflakes

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11:40 AM - 01/06/12 »
Wurstwasser, is there any way for you to compile a version without mouse and joystick support? Just need it for my keyboard

Offline Wurstwasser

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08:30 AM - 01/07/12 »
OK i compiled a version of Xim-Commander with just keyboard passthrough, you can find the link in the first post.

Offline dstr212

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Jenius
  • PSN ID: Songoku1101
« Reply #27 on: 06:53 PM - 02/15/12 »
This doesnt work at all for me. I am running windows 7 professional 64bit and have tried 2 different Xim bridges. The error I always get is Failed Connecting to Zim. Is there something where you are going to PC mode or something because I only get a ? when connecting the Belkin transfer cable to my Xim, the PC icon does not show up unless I restart in PC mode.

Offline Dirtee

• I dont @#$% around when it cmes to @#$% around
    • View Profile
    • Nubreaks
  • Gamertag: Dirt33breaks
« Reply #28 on: 09:00 PM - 02/15/12 »
This doesnt work at all for me. I am running windows 7 professional 64bit and have tried 2 different Xim bridges. The error I always get is Failed Connecting to Zim. Is there something where you are going to PC mode or something because I only get a ? when connecting the Belkin transfer cable to my Xim, the PC icon does not show up unless I restart in PC mode.

thats odd man i also use win 7 pro x64 and a belkin usb cable. when i plug usb in i get a alienware looking pc icon come up on xim and windows transfer app runs on the pc (which i close) i only gid errors on wurst's app if it could not detect both my xim and joystick being plugged in (with joystick drivers installed also)
i also had to install visual 2010 redist. .net framework 4 and latest direct x redist

but this is the joystick version

it works flawlessly for me with my logitech extreme 3d pro even with twist axis and throttle (set to W and S with deadzone in logitech settings)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:06 PM - 02/15/12 »
sounds like a faulty easy transfer cable?
did you buy the right one?
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin