XIM Community

RC Testers  (Read 3318 times)

Offline WIGG77

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: WIGG77
RC Testers
« on: 02:31 PM - 10/24/11 »
I was bored today and was randomly flicking through the members page. To my reckoning there are just short of 600 RC testers!!!
Many of which had zero, or next to zero posts.
So how may people on the RC list are actually trying to help make the XIM better, testing harware etc. and how many are just after the latest beta drop?  ;)

Xbox One
Keyboard-Ideazon Fang | Mouse-Razer Mamba 2012 | Firmware 20140824 Beta

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: RC Testers
« Reply #1 on: 02:43 PM - 10/24/11 »
Actually, looking at the numbers, there are 200 RC Testers with less than 10 posts. And, also the same amount that haven't been active in the last 2 weeks.

After the BF3 drop comes out, I'll go and do some pruning.

Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:46 PM - 10/24/11 »
Actually, looking at the numbers, there are 200 RC Testers with less than 10 posts. And, also the same amount that haven't been active in the last 2 weeks.

After the BF3 drop comes out, I'll go and do some pruning.

Don't prune me, bro!

Offline SecondSight

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Second Sight 07
« Reply #3 on: 02:51 PM - 10/24/11 »
Some members do alot to help improve xim but ofcourse there is a larger number who do not.

Offline glenn28210

• HULK SMASH
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: oO0 Hulk 0Oo
« Reply #4 on: 03:02 PM - 10/24/11 »
lol, my wife says im on here to much.

Offline Curtis Deadman

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Curtis Deadman
« Reply #5 on: 03:04 PM - 10/24/11 »
I'll be the first to admit that the number one reason I asked to become an RC tester was to have access to Smart Translators without having to wait until an official firmware release.  However, I do try to give feedback on the ones I use.  I don't consider myself enough of a hardcore user to want/need any of these extra features that typically dominate discussions in the RC forum (clamps? bullistics curves? my head hurts).  ST's are the reason I bought the Xim3.  My guess is there's A LOT of people like me in the RC group, and for good reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't waiting for an official firmware release the only way to obtain new ST's for the latest games (outside of the RC group)?  These only happen every 3 months or so, right?  That's a long time to wait...most people have gone ahead and finished the games with a controller.  Seems like ST's could be released to the masses as soon as they're made (even if they are in BETA), and leave the RC firmware testing for new feature work.  Bug fixing and hardware support are already indirectly tracked via the feedback forums. 

Also, expect all forum activity to increase quite a bit after BF3 and MW3 launch.   

Offline WIGG77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:07 PM - 10/24/11 »
Yeah my mrs says that.... And that I'm a geek. Problem is I think she's right
Xbox One

Offline WIGG77

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:11 PM - 10/24/11 »
I'll be the first to admit that the number one reason I asked to become an RC tester was to have access to Smart Translators without having to wait until an official firmware release.  However, I do try to give feedback on the ones I use.  I don't consider myself enough of a hardcore user to want/need any of these extra features that typically dominate discussions in the RC forum (clamps? bullistics curves? my head hurts).  ST's are the reason I bought the Xim3.  My guess is there's A LOT of people like me in the RC group, and for good reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't waiting for an official firmware release the only way to obtain new ST's for the latest games (outside of the RC group)?  These only happen every 3 months or so, right?  That's a long time to wait...most people have gone ahead and finished the games with a controller.  Seems like ST's could be released to the masses as soon as they're made (even if they are in BETA), and leave the RC firmware testing for new feature work.  Bug fixing and hardware support are already indirectly tracked via the feedback forums. 

Also, expect all forum activity to increase quite a bit after BF3 and MW3 launch.   

Even the most basic user can provide feed back just by testing their hardware. Making sure it works ok with their setup, but not to post at all or even check the boards. Come on that's a bit off. Give and take, not just take
Xbox One

Offline glenn28210

• HULK SMASH
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:22 PM - 10/24/11 »

lol, somethings are better left unsaid. The masses dont wait 3+ months for ST on NEW releases, plus Ive seen really good STD configs to hold ximmers over until the ST comes out. Betas belong in testing before launch.

Offline Curtis Deadman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03:25 PM - 10/24/11 »
Sure, not providing feedback while being in an exclusing RC testing group isn't good.  However, it's pretty easy to see why there's appeal for people to do that...early access to the ST's, the reason they purchased the Xim3 in the first place. 

I think a solution would be to release ST's, even if in beta status, as soon as they are made to the general public.  Especially since most ST's get made and tweaked into final product form within a week of the game's release.  Seems kind of silly to make average Joes wait three months to get that ST for a game that just released, or forcing him to take an active role in feature/hardware testing as the only alternative. 

Hell, I'd be okay with paying a couple bucks for ST's if they could be guaranteed to be out 3-4 days after game launch.  OBsIV could hire some dedicated (see: poor college gamers) to do a couple days worth of extensive testing and teaking of the ST, get it out the door to the public. 

Offline glenn28210

• HULK SMASH
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:25 PM - 10/24/11 »
Yeah my mrs says that.... And that I'm a geek. Problem is I think she's right

lol,

Offline Grimmreaper0323

• In G_D I trust-everybody else pays CASH
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SeaWolf323
« Reply #11 on: 03:26 PM - 10/24/11 »

I'm here for most of this reason also. But if being a RC tester means spending more money on transfer cables and such to get a bullistics curve to work and other apps.  I have to admit some of this stuff, I don't understand.
<a href="http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" alt="bf3 forum sigs">[/url]

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 03:29 PM - 10/24/11 »
Big titles like BF3 will be released as soon as possible (days if there isn't any issues). Backlog titles spend more time in RC Test because it takes longer to get feedback.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Old Man Jeanty

• "We have found new ways to weaponize curiosity..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NaraShi_kamaru
RC Testers
« Reply #13 on: 03:31 PM - 10/24/11 »

Same here. She thinks it's facebook for Xbox lol

Offline Curtis Deadman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03:34 PM - 10/24/11 »
Or just split the RC Testers into two different groups...people who just want new ST's as quick as possible, which are typically pretty easy to give feedback on ("Yay, works great!" or "Almost there...some weird acceleration, etc")...and people who are hardcore and want all kinds of complicated, extra features like XimBridge, bullistics curves, etc

I may have mispoke about ST's only release every 3 months or so (just glanced at the official firmware download page), even having to wait 1-2 weeks is pretty painful.  I know CoD, Halo, BF all get ST's within a couple days, most other games don't.  I have a buddy who isn't an RC tester who was excited when I told him a Rage ST was being made.  Three weeks later, he's already done with the game...so his $150 piece of equipment (+ money spent on peripherals) did him no good.  This is what I'm talking about. 

Admin