Are you joining COD Elite Premium?

YES, I'm joining premium
18 (36%)
NO, I'm not going to join
23 (46%)
Maybe
9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 50

POLL: Are you Joining COD Elite Premium?  (Read 2998 times)

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
POLL: Are you Joining COD Elite Premium?
« on: 10:10 AM - 10/21/11 »
I want to get an idea of how many XIM users will be playing inevitable MW3 DLC maps. I think others have a similar interest. I didn't see this subject come up as a topic in a search either...

This article makes a good point that if you don't get premium right away (doing it the 'old way' by buying map packs later if you like them), you're SOL cuz premie members would have been playing the maps possibly months before you. (@#$% you Activision!)

The workaround to this, of course, is to decide to NEVER buy DLC -- so you'll only be put into lobbies with the default maps.

So...Are you joining elite premium (buying Hardened edition is most cost-effective way to do it), or are you NOT going to join?

« Last Edit: 10:15 AM - 10/21/11 by GreyMouser »
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Beezles

• MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
Re: POLL: Are you Joining COD Elite Premium?
« Reply #1 on: 10:17 AM - 10/21/11 »
probably not for me - my time will be split between bf3 and mw3 as it is already.  i might buy an occasional DLC here and there.
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline Ultim8

• MVP
  • Gamertag = Ultim83
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ultim83
« Reply #2 on: 10:21 AM - 10/21/11 »
nah i think a majority of my time will be spent on BF3 anyways so its not really a worthwhile thing for me.

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:25 AM - 10/21/11 »
There is no guarantee on DLC. If i pay premium there had better be steady release of dlc with original stuff. not rehashed maps like all of the other CODs have done. Since COD itself is a rehash, history dictates that its not worth it. BF3 ftw.

Offline tameanaka

• MVP
  • お前はも死んでいる。
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:32 AM - 10/21/11 »
I opted for MW3 Hardened which comes with 1 year premium (only paid $20).  They say they will have DLC monthly for premium members.  I think that is true, but whether they will be unique new maps is another story.  I'm not particularly fond of the BF series so I'll be on MW3 mostly along with other games in between...

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:15 AM - 10/21/11 »
No they cant have money in advance they have to wait, like I do for crappy maps.
Crusade atm: none

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #6 on: 11:23 AM - 10/21/11 »
got Hardened for "free" (combination of Amazon points and gift cards) so, yeah, I am.
also for "free" (again, combo) - BF3 Limited for XBOX and PC and the hardbound guide books for both games (for the maps and weapons lists mostly - yes, I know, that'll all be online anyway at some point - but hey - FREE!)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:38 AM - 10/21/11 »
no not getting it, 95% of the offered service is not needed imo

also im not planning to purchase any dlc for mw3, im fine with the regular maps
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:04 PM - 10/21/11 »
I didnt as my friends arent either and I dont want to be stuck on matchmaking with only the people that bought hard edition while they drip feed them maps on a separate playlist.

I'll be pushed for time as it is with BF3. And from past experience new maps add very little to the cod experience but they do f**k up barebones for me the more I buy

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:09 PM - 10/21/11 »
There was so much more hype before Black Ops I remember. That game has done some damage.
Crusade atm: none

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
« Reply #10 on: 12:16 PM - 10/21/11 »
I am, because I dont see the point in paying more than I have to and its going to be cheaper with it in the long run!.
I only ever play with ppl with the DLC and if they dont have the lastest maps etc they dont get to play with me, simply as.
But I play the hell out of COD so its worth it for me & I not buying BF3 as it just didnt do it for me at all.
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:27 PM - 10/21/11 »
Not a chance

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:30 PM - 10/21/11 »
If I wasnt get BF3 I would get hardened edition. I do think activision are being very cleaver by selling all the map packs in one go to people before launch. This isnt directed at you AP as you'll get your money worth and save cash but for a lot of people they are selling off the back of the unreleased hype. Its a great time to get people whipped up and to part with their cash.

I'm actually a little gutted about how close BF3 and MW3 are in release date. I really want to focus for a while on each one and its going to be tough but I'll get through it.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:52 PM - 10/21/11 »
wait, people that dont have the dlcs cannot play with people that have them?

what a stoneaged system is that?
in every game, the dlc owner can still play the regular maps with his non-dlc buddies, but not in cod?
activision really tries to milk the cow man

but still not going to get the dlcs :P
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:56 PM - 10/21/11 »
wait, people that dont have the dlcs cannot play with people that have them?

what a stoneaged system is that?
in every game, the dlc owner can still play the regular maps with his non-dlc buddies, but not in cod?
activision really tries to milk the cow man

but still not going to get the dlcs :P

You can play with them but you'll be on the playlist for none map pack owners. Or if they have one map pack the "one map pack" user matchmaking pool.

Basically you get the best matchmaking if you dont have any DLC. For instance once I had 2 map packs for BLOPS getting a game of barebones Pure was really hard. I deleted my map packs and joined the larger pool of players with no map packs.

The probably with elite is that you'll be on the matchmaking for people that bought the harden edition once the first map has been released to them.

Basically the more individual maps and map packs the more fragmented the match making.