XIM Community

"XIM3 is NOT Legit" - Major League Gaming  (Read 4676 times)

Souver

Re: "XIM3 is Legit" - Major League Gaming
« Reply #15 on: 02:56 PM - 10/17/11 »
nevermind od1n, just cheap talk from the guy. Empty words. I dont see him have the balls to do this, because u need a pair of steel ones for that.

@ Three & Gnice- exactly. Thats why playing in a controller league with a xim is totally pointless and     ridiculous imo. U might beat people with a xim, you could never beat with a controller, not in 100 years.

So basically if you meet on an event, you will get your azz handed to you. Whats the point then.

MLG and GB are great fun on live events. I can see no way the refs gonna change the rules just for the xim users and allow it.

Well if everyone never tried anything in life based on being scared of what others thought or complained about then half the stuff invented would be non existent.

total nonsence, doestn fit the topic in any way. There are already leagues where players play with KB + Mouse-  ON THE PC! And that years before competitive console games even came out. So there is nothing inventive in playing with KBM vs Controllers, just plain unfair advantage and thats it.

So gl & hf at those beast xim mlg/gb gamers. The furthest you will get is somewhere in the leaderboards. While the real skilled and talented players will have the privileg to play on live events and actually win something big (doesnt exclude few players who are great with both- controller and kbm).

@ OP- yeah dude, if youre serious about leagues, just play by the rules and get real skill (either on pc or consoles). Im sure you will have 3x more fun this way than playing with xim vs controller beasts.

Souver

Re: "XIM3 is Legit" - Major League Gaming
« Reply #16 on: 03:30 PM - 10/17/11 »
You can walk slowly with the PS3 nunchuck rather than keyboard, a combo many people are using now. 

From what I've ready, there honestly isn't any way to determine if someone is using the XIM I don't think since it's bridged and seen on the opposite end as a 360 controller.  "Just can tell" isn't ever going to hold up anywhere, and I doubt, nor will anyone take the time to do it. 

I understand where you're coming from, but the other option is to bring a non-macro mouse (ie. MX518) and use that in the open with your nunchuck or keyboard of choice that, again, doesn't have macro capability. 

If the GB guy says you can do it, methinks you can do it.

Interesting, didnt know the sony dildo allowed different walk speeds.

Yes there probably is no way by recognizing the xim by scanning the usb port. But games with theatre mode option or replay function can be scanned for certain, only xim specific aiming or moving characteristics.

However, its a very complex and time consuming process, I also doubt any game dev will ever bother to do it. Because its not an explicit cheat like godmode, aimbot, wallhack etc.

Even though KBM makes the life much easier in shooters, its still very skill dependent. Like using kbm is no guarantee to have a KDR higher than 2.3 or something. In fact I think the majority of xim users has a kd lower than 2.5 which can be also achieved with a controller with a good ammount of practice.

So basically a good controller user will be able to deal with the most xim users. Thats why I think game devs will hardly care about adapters like xim. Its just not a big enough issue to care about and isnt worth investing so much money to scan for.

Offline Raptor4790

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Raptor4790
  • PSN ID: Raptor4790
Re: "XIM3 is NOT Legit" - Major League Gaming
« Reply #17 on: 03:39 PM - 10/17/11 »
Yeah, well it would be a bit of an advantage!
I don't think any of us will ever be pro gamers. I played some minor tournaments on the PC back in the day, but at the end of the day if you wanna be pro on the console, then you gotta play with a controller.

We're all just bending the rules a little, so that we don't have to succumb to the tragedy of controllers on FPS games! :D
~ Raptor

Souver

« Reply #18 on: 03:50 PM - 10/17/11 »
well written. the last sentence is worth beeing put in a sig actually..

Offline Venom OP

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Venom OP
« Reply #19 on: 04:22 PM - 10/17/11 »
Who cares?

No offense, but most of the people who use XIM3 wouldn't be able to compete at that level even with the XIM3. You can still use it online on gb and for online tournaments, which is where a lot of competition is still centered around, and they can't detect if you have a KB+Mouse.

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
Re: Re: "XIM3 is NOT Legit" - Major League Gaming
« Reply #20 on: 05:08 PM - 10/17/11 »
Who cares?

No offense, but most of the people who use XIM3 wouldn't be able to compete at that level even with the XIM3. You can still use it online on gb and for online tournaments, which is where a lot of competition is still centered around, and they can't detect if you have a KB+Mouse.

This. If you are a top 5 gb team consistently then worry about it.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07:44 PM - 10/17/11 »
Treb? Is that you? Closing this due to it being a duplicate topic discussion.

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=9535.0
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin