XIM Community

XIMCommander.NET  (Read 59195 times)

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
Re: XIMCommander.NET + Ballistics Editor + Joystick Support!
« Reply #60 on: 07:06 AM - 12/10/11 »
Will a wheel work fella?

Ta.
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 03:43 PM - 12/10/11 »
Well i can say that my Thrustmaster T.16000M is working with your app.
Also the program crashed for me when you click on config and then cancel to go back without configuring any joystick.

Thanks for the feedback!

I added the crashing bug to the list! It's an annoying one, too, but it should be easy to fix. For now, just click on Continue if the app gives you the choice.
XIM Sensitivity Calculator!
http://xim3-app.heroku.com/

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 03:46 PM - 12/10/11 »
Will a wheel work fella?

Ta.

I don't see why not. There could be dead zone issues since my app bypasses the smart translation system for joysticks, but if dead zones become a problem, I can always add options.

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02:56 PM - 12/11/11 »
OMG!

Will let you know how i get on in the week!!

Legend mate, total legend.
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline wx006

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 05:24 PM - 12/13/11 »
I am having an issue where if I don't have the XBOX powered on first and XIM3 up, it crashes. Since I use an Analog to Digital Audio adapter, it resets the XBOX as soon as the HDMI video comes on. So it crashes then, too...

What I am saying is I need a way to start the XIMCommander and not have the XIM/XBOX up yet. Is this possible? If not I am not using my Turtle Beach headset...

Good news is I can finally use my G510 with this. :)

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 05:27 PM - 12/13/11 »
I am having an issue where if I don't have the XBOX powered on first and XIM3 up, it crashes. Since I use an Analog to Digital Audio adapter, it resets the XBOX as soon as the HDMI video comes on. So it crashes then, too...

What I am saying is I need a way to start the XIMCommander and not have the XIM/XBOX up yet. Is this possible? If not I am not using my Turtle Beach headset...

Good news is I can finally use my G510 with this. :)

Just have the app running with the "Start" button highlighted, then when the xbox is up and running, hit enter  (or space). When you're done, hit Alt-Esc before turning off your xbox.

Unfortunately, I can't do anything about that specific crash since it's an API issue :(

Offline deluge01

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 10:45 PM - 12/17/11 »
Kodek -- nice work on the code.  Feedback on the joystick:
when i try & save (or quit w/o changes) the following JIT error pops:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XIMCommander.NET.JoystickMapper.JoystickMapper_Deactivate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnDeactivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm a C# coder -- would be happy to collaborate with you on the project to help make it better!

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 10:47 PM - 12/17/11 »
Kodek -- nice work on the code.  Feedback on the joystick:
when i try & save (or quit w/o changes) the following JIT error pops:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XIMCommander.NET.JoystickMapper.JoystickMapper_Deactivate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnDeactivate(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.set_Active(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm a C# coder -- would be happy to collaborate with you on the project to help make it better!

Sorry about that. I already fixed it but I was planning to wait till I had something bigger to release. Since it's annoying enough, I will release a fix for this right away :)

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 10:52 PM - 12/17/11 »
deluge01, check the main post for version 1217. Let me know if that one works better :)

Offline FrizzleFry

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11:51 PM - 12/17/11 »
Question - if don't use the balistic curve editor do I still need to change my config's sensitivities to 1?

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11:52 PM - 12/17/11 »
Question - if don't use the balistic curve editor do I still need to change my config's sensitivities to 1?

Not at all! Just make sure the curve is a straight line, and the sensitivity multiplier is set to 1.

Offline FrizzleFry

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 12:39 AM - 12/18/11 »
Great thanks, works fine. Next question, or maybe 'feature request': I use my XBox on the same monitor as my pc, switching inputs. As a result, I usually forget to 'ALT_Esc' before turning off my XBox, and XiIM Commander (both versions) then hangs and I need to bring up task manager to end it. Anything can be done about that?

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 12:42 AM - 12/18/11 »
Great thanks, works fine. Next question, or maybe 'feature request': I use my XBox on the same monitor as my pc, switching inputs. As a result, I usually forget to 'ALT_Esc' before turning off my XBox, and XiIM Commander (both versions) then hangs and I need to bring up task manager to end it. Anything can be done about that?

Nothing I can do about that one. I have the same setup as you, and I can assure you that I find it quite annoying. When the app freezes up on me, I just alt-tab out of it, then I close it from the task bar. That usually works.

Maybe we can ask OBsIV to add more error-handling features to the API :)

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 02:41 PM - 12/20/11 »

I have the same setup and run into this as well when I forget to turn it off. My only small issue, other wise fun times.
Nothing I can do about that one. I have the same setup as you, and I can assure you that I find it quite annoying. When the app freezes up on me, I just alt-tab out of it, then I close it from the task bar. That usually works.

Maybe we can ask OBsIV to add more error-handling features to the API :)

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 05:02 PM - 12/21/11 »
I tried PS3 controller with this. Have to say that it worked perfectly, well except R2 and L2 (those are not buttons, those use 1 analog axel). But for other stuff it worked without any problems.

Kodek did you left RS, LS and guide buttons out on purpose or did you just simply forget?
I dont need those for anything right now and im not asking to add those. Im just wondering why those arent there.