XIM Community

XIMCommander.NET  (Read 52210 times)

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
XIMCommander.NET
« on: 12:38 AM - 10/12/11 »
XIMCommander.NET is a port of the original XIMCommander made by OBsIV, but with a few extra features:

• Joystick support
  • Mouse ballistics editor
  • Mouse pass-through bypass (for using a mouse directly connected to the XIM)

Requirements:
 - .NET Framework 4: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851
 - Managed DirectX Run-times: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
 - Transfer cable :)

Note that there are a few steps required to use the ballistics editor:

1. Turn your XIM3 primary sensitivity down to 1.00.
2. Normalize your XIM3 secondary sensitivity: If your previous primary sens was 15, then you'd divide your secondary by 15, and that'd be the new secondary value. (If my previous sensitivities were 15.00 / 30.00, then my new ones would be 1.00 / 2.00)
3. Input your preferred sensitivity value inside the XIMCommander.NET app, and everything should feel the same. (15.00 in our case)
4. Change the curve around and enjoy!

Feel free to leave any feedback, and I will do my best to get back to you  :)

Change log:

20120403:
 - Added option to disable mouse pass-through.

20111221:
 - Bug fixes
 - Added "Left/Right Stick In" and "Guide" Buttons to Joystick mapper (sorry about that!).

20111217:
 - Bug fix.

20111205:
 - Added joystick support. This is a beta, and there are a few UI issues that I still need to fix, but I need feedback to make sure the app's core is working :)

20111112:
 - App now saves settings!
 - Added a few more games to the list. If your game is not in the list, just select "Full Range" and then move your mouse to find out where you black dot. Build your graph up to that point.
« Last Edit: 03:36 PM - 04/03/12 by kodek64 »
XIM Sensitivity Calculator!
http://xim3-app.heroku.com/

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIMCommander.NET + Ballistics Curve Editor (beta)
« Reply #1 on: 12:50 AM - 10/12/11 »
Will try as soon as I have the cable that I ordered. Will even buy Blops again for this. That was fast Kodek.
Crusade atm: none

Offline dmxwyrw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:45 AM - 10/12/11 »
Sweet app man!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:57 AM - 10/12/11 »
nice to see that you took it over kodek :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Soks

• Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:36 AM - 10/12/11 »
Cool i'll download it and give it a try , thanks Kodek :)

Offline BrandonC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:01 AM - 10/13/11 »

Couple of issues which you're probably aware and/or don't need to fix but as a tester I feel like I should report them. ;)

* Input works but doesn't pass through the aux1-aux16 buttons on my mouse.  (Is that because those are keyboard buttons and/or a limitation of the XIMBridge or will they be working eventually?)

* ALT-ESC to exit isn't displayed anyways so if you didn't use the other XIMCommander it's not obvious how to get your mouse back.

* I think I get why I have to set my XIM config sensitivities to 1 and a ratio of primary/secondary, but isn't there a way to reverse that and just tell the editor what your config's sensitivity is set to?  The other way requires me to remake all my configs to test the curves.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 10:07 AM - 10/13/11 »
* I think I get why I have to set my XIM config sensitivities to 1 and a ratio of primary/secondary, but isn't there a way to reverse that and just tell the editor what your config's sensitivity is set to?  The other way requires me to remake all my configs to test the curves.

All you need to do is set the value to 1. You can also copy the Config and set to 1.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BrandonC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:12 AM - 10/13/11 »

All you need to do is set the value to 1. You can also copy the Config and set to 1.

Yeah, it's not a big deal, was just curious if was required, or just easier to do it the other way.

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:02 PM - 10/13/11 »

Couple of issues which you're probably aware and/or don't need to fix but as a tester I feel like I should report them. ;)

* Input works but doesn't pass through the aux1-aux16 buttons on my mouse.  (Is that because those are keyboard buttons and/or a limitation of the XIMBridge or will they be working eventually?)

* ALT-ESC to exit isn't displayed anyways so if you didn't use the other XIMCommander it's not obvious how to get your mouse back.

Yeah. Special buttons aren't supported by DirectInput. There's not much I can do, unfortunately. You can always bind those buttons to keyboard keys, then map those keys in the XIM. You'll get the same effect that way.

Alt-Esc should be displayed inside the big Start button!

Setting your sensitivity down to 1 is the only way I can gain complete control over ballistics. The way you mentioned was how I originally implemented it, but it didn't work as well.

Running late now, but I will be back later tonight!

Offline Raja

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:13 PM - 10/13/11 »
I feel like I must be the only one, but whenever i edit the curve, it has an error. Works just fine when its just set on linear. Please help :p. I have some interesting ideas for this thing.

EDIT: just kidding, figured it out. Ive tested it out real quick, and it seems like this has HUGE potential. 360s are easy, and this is what i think will change the xim3 from having pros and cons from a controller, to just being awesome. Turn speed has no limit with this. Just wondering, will it be possible to add more points to this, or curve some of the lines? seems like with some of this that would be really helpful to get the perfect feel.
« Last Edit: 06:25 PM - 10/13/11 by Raja »

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:08 PM - 10/13/11 »
I feel like I must be the only one, but whenever i edit the curve, it has an error. Works just fine when its just set on linear. Please help :p. I have some interesting ideas for this thing.

EDIT: just kidding, figured it out. Ive tested it out real quick, and it seems like this has HUGE potential. 360s are easy, and this is what i think will change the xim3 from having pros and cons from a controller, to just being awesome. Turn speed has no limit with this. Just wondering, will it be possible to add more points to this, or curve some of the lines? seems like with some of this that would be really helpful to get the perfect feel.

I could technically add more points at the expense of the user experience, so I don't know if this is the best idea. That's why I made it so that points can be moved in the X axis. If you want to have a more detailed curve in the first half, you can move pretty much all the points to the left, and then have a straight line connecting it to the right side. Let me know if this helps a bit.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 09:42 PM - 10/13/11 »
Concerning special buttons, if the experiment works out well, then, I'll make it so that the actual curve is being edited realtime right on the device. Meaning, you have access to all your buttons.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:54 PM - 10/13/11 »
Concerning special buttons, if the experiment works out well, then, I'll make it so that the actual curve is being edited realtime right on the device. Meaning, you have access to all your buttons.

Do you have any insight on how this would work? Are you planning to expand the API so that developers can access a built-in ballistics run-time, or are you thinking of going with full-fledged ballistics support in the XIM as it was suggested a few months ago?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:01 PM - 10/13/11 »
"Managed" DirectX Run-times. Whats managed Kodek somethings special? Cant find a link to install, this is MDX right? Or is ist called XNA now?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109

^ This?
« Last Edit: 11:06 PM - 10/13/11 by roads »
Crusade atm: none

Offline kodek64

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:36 AM - 10/14/11 »
"Managed" DirectX Run-times. Whats managed Kodek somethings special? Cant find a link to install, this is MDX right? Or is ist called XNA now?

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109

^ This?

Try this instead.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Admin