XIM Community

PS3 Mov Nav = Tonto to the Xim3's Lone Ranger  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
PS3 Mov Nav = Tonto to the Xim3's Lone Ranger
« on: 08:21 PM - 10/11/11 »
I just got my Xim3 two days ago, and was having a good time with it after all the tweaking, forum reading, and such that was required to get it "just right". As a dedicated WASD PC player I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.

Anyway, I was doing ok with the keyboard when I read several posts here about the PS3 Move Nav controller and how it is pretty decent with the Xim3. This interested me because I was actually thinking of dropping some coin on an X13 for more or less the same reason (analog joystick) and I happen to have a Move Nav so.....

Several hours later I'm making what is only my second post on these forums to ask: Why is this not on the front page? Stickied? Shouted from the rooftops? Because this thing goes with the Xim3 like Peanut Butter goes with Jelly :) Particularly in Halo: Reach and Gears 3 (the latter I pretty much can't play without, keyboard just doesn't work for it).

For a sub $20 peripheral it's hard to imagine a better deal out there. If you are on the fence, or have a Xim3 and are thinking of trying the Sony Nav, take it from a brand new Xim3 owner/hopeless console controller player - the combo rocks. Get your buttons mapped the way you like them and get ready to rock. I used to be miserable at all Halo games and I just left a Slayer match where I was top player, for the first time - ever.

The Xim 3 is great. Use it with the Sony Nav controller and it's beyond great :)

I'm MGIxian on XBL if anyone wants to add me and play.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Gamertag: SpiiiCyChIpS
Re: PS3 Mov Nav = Tonto to the Xim3's Lone Ranger
« Reply #1 on: 08:27 PM - 10/11/11 »
lol, congrats bro.  I use the sony nav as well and it is beyond perfect.  I have jump/crouch/run all mapped to the sony nav as well as the dpad/back/start/xbox button.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 09:24 PM - 10/11/11 »
Move Nav is a great device (I even posted about it on my dev blog when we got it working). We are planning, in the future, to post some XIM3 configuration suggestions where this will be advertised as a great peripheral to use with XIM3.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
« Reply #3 on: 05:14 AM - 10/12/11 »
Thanks OBsIV. Really, really liking the Xim3. I've lurked around here for over two years now and have been on the fence ever since it was released (hell, I nearly pulled the trigger on the Xim 2 several times). The price kept putting me off but now I wish I hadn't waited. The Xim doesn't make me a better player; it gives me a ticket to the party in the first place.

I'm going to try this thing with my PS3 next after I get the adapter. Killzone 3 awaits. Thanks again!

Offline Gnice4u

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RicketyRaw
  • PSN ID: Rickety_Raw
« Reply #4 on: 05:20 PM - 10/12/11 »
I couldn't agree more.  I had a similar reaction.  I created a post that described support for the Sony Nav as nothing short of a stroke of genius.  It just works so darn well.
Love my XIM3, XIM Edge, and XIM4

Offline BillyBootleg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:10 PM - 10/12/11 »
Agreed!!

Offline KnOck

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kn0cK NorriS
« Reply #6 on: 08:46 PM - 10/12/11 »
yeah its not pretty decent its the best

Offline thats-great

• XIM3 <==> PS3 rules!
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: thats-great
« Reply #7 on: 10:45 AM - 10/31/11 »
lol, congrats bro.  I use the sony nav as well and it is beyond perfect.  I have jump/crouch/run all mapped to the sony nav as well as the dpad/back/start/xbox button.

Hey all,
thats my config an mapping with my PS3 too.  have my xim3 since 2 weeks and directly equipped with the PS3 move nav. controller. itīs great! bevore, with xim1 (played bevor since 1 year), i used the sixaxis on the left hand, but nav is quite better.

Mapping (BO):
Nav ==> L1 jump, L2 crouch, L3 run, arrow keys tgo the same and PS3 button, start and select to the other buttons.

Have one question: Is it posible to change the sensivity of the LEFT stick? with xim1 the sensivity was much lower; or?

LG thats-great
XIM3 with HDE-Adapter (XBox to PS3); PS3 move nav. contr.; G500; steelseries gamepad (the one an only); Sharkoon X-Tatic Headset
"Was ist das?"
"Ein blaues Licht!"
"Und was macht es?"
"Es leuchtet blau!"

Config:
XIM3 with HDE-Adapter (XBox to PS3); PS3 move nav. contr.; G500; steelseries gamepad (the one an only); Sharkoon X-Tatic Headset and PS3

Admin