XIM Community

Best Xbox gaming headset??  (Read 559552 times)

Offline Zear

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zleepyy
Re: Best Xbox gaming headset??
« Reply #555 on: 09:12 AM - 12/10/11 »
Tried texting Noob but got no reply:/ ye the sound in mw3 is crap with my mixamp/HD598 combo but using dead silence made it alot better thoug.

Offline i3ond

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: WTF i3ond
  • PSN ID: i3ond
« Reply #556 on: 03:48 PM - 12/10/11 »
Can anyone give me a setup for the ps3 chat?  I have the DSS and AD700.

I was thinking of using a usb audio adapter plug a male into the sound out to a mix maybe and then to the ad700.  I dont have any knowledge about mix amps and what they do.  I think they give extra power to the headset and allow you to mix other inputs into the headset with an adjustable volume? but idk.  My mic is the reg 3.5mm plug that clips onto your headset cable or clothing.  Also I noticed feedback from the dss when it was usb powered by the ps3. when ever the HDD loaded there would be some feedback or a hiss.  Im using the digital out.  Would analog be better? I would like to keep the mix amp chat setup to under $100.

Thanks guys

Offline Professor5180

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 03:44 PM - 12/11/11 »
Instead of buying a mixer, someone on here discovered the Aimon hp HMA-1 which is a gaming chat mixer/amplifier that could probably  be used together with the DSS.  They have it here for $45 & Free shipping.

http://www.7summitz.com/index.php/aimon-hp.html

Also, look into the Antlion Mod mic, which is  just a tiny magnet that will connect to your headst, much easier than having to destroy your headphone and doing a custom job.  Look at amazon.

Both are well under $100 together.

Offline i3ond

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: WTF i3ond
  • PSN ID: i3ond
« Reply #558 on: 10:33 AM - 12/13/11 »
Thanks for the help Professor.

The sound is bad for everyone in mw3 and its not the only thing wrong with the @#$% game. I cant even tell someone was shooting at me until im dead half the time.

Offline Choochoo

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Choochoo545
« Reply #559 on: 01:14 PM - 12/13/11 »
I have been reading this thread from page 1, and I sold my Astros and mixamp for hd 598's and DSS and I can say there is a HUGE difference between the two.  I noticed it immediately, it was like mw3 had came alive and I wasn't listening to it in a hallow tunnel.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 01:19 PM - 12/13/11 »
I have been reading this thread from page 1, and I sold my Astros and mixamp for hd 598's and DSS and I can say there is a HUGE difference between the two.  I noticed it immediately, it was like mw3 had came alive and I wasn't listening to it in a hallow tunnel.

hehe nice to hear that

dont forget to burn in your headphones :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Professor5180

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 05:29 PM - 12/13/11 »
Thanks for the help Professor.

The sound is bad for everyone in mw3 and its not the only thing wrong with the @#$% game. I cant even tell someone was shooting at me until im dead half the time.

Just so you know, Im not 100% sure on The Aimon HP and the DSS being combined.  I think it might work, but I'm still trying to get confirmation on whether you can use the 2 together to get 5.1 sound and a in game chat audio mixer.  They havent responded on facebook or youtube.  I know some people have even used the astro mixamp just for the chat portion and the DSS for the audio portion together.  But both are 5.1, and the aimon is only stereo.  I hope someone else who has more knowledge on the Aimon HP can chime in. 

Offline Burnin_Vernon

• PC gamer turned XIM3 convert!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 05:45 PM - 12/13/11 »
I just purchased Turtle Beache's Limited Edition MW3 EarForce BRAVO..absolutely amazing. Expensive though, $200 after taxes.

I'm getting the MW3 Ear Force DELTA set for Xmas. :-)

I used to design and manufacture headphones for a living and I know how and where they are made. Almost any gaming headset is a massive rip-off and they are all overpriced.

But life is short. Have fun!

BV

Offline ZwiFTi

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ZwiFTi
« Reply #563 on: 11:44 PM - 12/13/11 »

Can you help me abit, because I feel the exact opposite about this. I agree that the sound is way better. But im having a very hard time pinpointing people. I hear direction usually fine, but if the enemy is in a building I cant hear what floor level their on. I also don't hear footsteps as good as I used to, and not as good as my mate playing with x41.

holidayshrimp

« Reply #564 on: 12:32 AM - 12/14/11 »
It's the game not the hardware you have.  MW2 and BO worked very well for sound whoring. 

Offline ZwiFTi

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ZwiFTi
« Reply #565 on: 10:32 AM - 12/14/11 »
just a question for the guys who has turtle beach mw3 ear force delta:

What sounds can you turn off/modify?

Can you turn off the music in MW3 ingame? What about random map sounds? And footsteps?

Offline bronco8622

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 03:47 PM - 12/14/11 »
Im surprised noone makes like a mixamp or dss type solution with an in line eq. Thats what I would buy.

they do.

head over to head-fi.org

they simply cost a TON. and i mean a TONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. probably over  $500. i'mgonna bet over $2,000 though, haha.

Offline ISheeper

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 04:14 PM - 12/14/11 »
I just purchased Turtle Beache's Limited Edition MW3 EarForce BRAVO..absolutely amazing. Expensive though, $200 after taxes.

I'm getting the MW3 Ear Force DELTA set for Xmas. :-)

I used to design and manufacture headphones for a living and I know how and where they are made. Almost any gaming headset is a massive rip-off and they are all overpriced.

But life is short. Have fun!

BV
XIMPHONES please!

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #568 on: 06:17 PM - 12/14/11 »
Makes no sense that adding an inline eq would make a headset cost that much... Might aswell do it yourself or just use a mixer. I went over to the head fi forums for a minute place seemed overrun by noobs throwing around audio terms that didnt make sense in context.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Professor5180

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 10:17 PM - 12/14/11 »
Sent an email to Tuact, and this is the response I got, lol, I was like, you want to send me one for free?

Hello,

Will the Aimon HP HMA-1 mixamp work with the Turtle Beach Earforce DSS Dolby Surround sound processor to allow 5.1 sourround sound from the DSS and in-game voice chat volume adjustments from the AImon HP HMA-1?  The DSS gives me 5.1 sound when playing xbox 360, but I have no way to adjust the in-game voice chat volume on my headphones and custom mic, b/c there are no controls on the DSS for that.  You have to use it with a Turtle Beach headset that has the controls built into the headset.  Or the only other way is to buy a desktop audio mixer or a steelseries xbox 360 mixer that plugs into the controller, but that product produces a bad audible hiss when used.   I hope you understand what I am trying to ask.  Thx.

[email protected]

to me

Hello,

This could work but we have no confirmation without testing. If you do
test this please let us know.

Tuact