XIM Community

Best Xbox gaming headset??  (Read 557358 times)

Offline TorrentThisBullet

• View Profile
Re: Best Xbox gaming headset??
« Reply #540 on: 06:18 AM - 12/06/11 »
I just purchased Turtle Beache's Limited Edition MW3 EarForce BRAVO..absolutely amazing. Expensive though, $200 after taxes.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 01:28 PM - 12/06/11 »
I dont know man sennheiser... Behrringer. ill be honest and though my research isnt that thorough I feel like your paying for a german name. I could be wrong and I havnt first hand seen the build quality (which im sure is great tbh) but judging buy frequency response its not worth the money. any thoughts roads, odin?

it depends on the product
ofc you always pay for the name, but in this example its actually worth it as you get lots of experience in headphones in return

the pc360 are a bit off the line id say
they re a good headset, probably the best (headset not headphone!) in the gaming market, but theres also some negative stuff to outpoint

like any other good headphone/microphone company, a real headset is always a bit of a rip off
(rip off in terms of price, not in quality)

here an example of beyerdynamic (austrian company)
their dt880 pro is about ~200 i think
now the very same dt880 pro with a built in microphone values about ~320
(ofc under a different name, but demount the headset and youll find the very same "ingredients" as in the dt880)

ofc now the question remains for why there is such a price cap
but its common among the good companies, they all do it this way

btw brands like madcatz do it the same way
they put some 20 mini drivers and a even cheaper microphone and TADAAAA here is the brand new 250 warhead special deluxe 5.1 mlg progaming mw3 licenced extreme tournament edition headset
(only difference, they do not sell quality nor do they offer the very same headphones for a smaller price without the mic)

well actually they do not do it on their own, they got chinese sub-companies doing this job for them

so this being said, its better to go with the ad700 + external mic than with the pc360
its the same pricerange but a similar priced headphone usually gives a better audio quality than a headset onthe very same pricelevel
« Last Edit: 01:32 PM - 12/06/11 by Od1n »
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline zzDarkwingDuck

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: zzDarkwing Duck
« Reply #542 on: 01:39 PM - 12/06/11 »
I love the pc360s. Had the 350 xense edition i got with my sound card, those were great but I didn't like the closed feeling, felt like i had water in my ears. The open air design and fabric on the cups and headband for the 360s improved that. Plus they have more bass kick to them, which I didn't find wrong with the 350s, just noticed more bass with the 360s. I tried hooking them up to the headphone jack on the z5500 received and headset buddy and they're not as good. Sound is good if volume is turned up max but my voice doesn't carry over. I have to yell or have the mic in my mouth for someone to hear, even then it's distorted.

So I bought Senn's x320 headset, being as it's designed for the xbox it wouldn't have this issue. Sounds great, doesn't need max volume but the voice is still to quiet. Still haven't found a mic with better mic quality than the xbox wireless one.

Offline jimmy707

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BLAZE XVII
« Reply #543 on: 06:57 PM - 12/06/11 »
My dog has eaten my 2 wireless headsets and 3 wired ones, anyone know of a titanium clip on mic or something I can use with my AD700's, prefereably anything not made from kibble.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #544 on: 08:59 PM - 12/06/11 »
thanks for elaborating odin... actually i thought beyerdynamic was german aswell.  i think i confused the two companies behrringer and beyer, i did have some drinks in me when i wrote that. I see what you are saying definitely though.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 11:23 PM - 12/06/11 »
Beyerdynamic is German and resides in Heilbronn and that is still Germany. AKG is the Austrian company.
Crusade atm: none

Offline eXcero

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 09:04 PM - 12/07/11 »
I recently stumbled across the Modmic while browsing another forum for a good microphone solution for my AD700s.  I just received it today, and wow...I wish I would have found this a LOT sooner.

Here are some shots of my AD700s with and without the mic attached:

Unless you feel comfortable taking your headphones apart and installing a boom mic jack yourself, this is the best mic solution you are going to find by far.  I tried the Zalman, and it was absolutely terrible.  Then I did the "Fragtality" mod with a chopped off Labtec microphone.  It was nicer, but it was honestly just very ugly and bulky and not the most convenient thing in the world. 

The Modmic just pops off and on so easily, and when you're not wearing the mic, the only aesthetic blemish is the magnet which is smaller than a dime. 

I don't mean to sound so overly enthusiastic, but it's just that I have tried soooooo many mic solutions with my AD700s, and it is a relief to know that my look is over for good.  I promise you you cannot go wrong with this thing. 

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 11:17 PM - 12/07/11 »
Yeah, I have that mic. If you are in Germany or EU I am selling mine. If you want a perfect solution contact Tommyboy here in the forums.

Offline JayinThaz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FiftyCow
« Reply #548 on: 12:58 AM - 12/08/11 »
omg i can use my Dr Dre Beats pro to game now.....sick!!!

Offline RoskaL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RoskaL
« Reply #549 on: 01:10 AM - 12/08/11 »
Lmao oh dear

Offline CaptainBiscuit

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CaptainBiscuit1
« Reply #550 on: 02:50 AM - 12/08/11 »
I would like to invest in a good headphone setup and will probably go for the ad700 with dds.I have never tried playing with a decent headset and not in 5.1 or 7.1. Is it really worth it? I assume using sitrep pro ill be able to hear the direction of players footsteps like from behind, to the left, right etc. I've used a crappy set of headphones plugged into my speakers but I couldn't tell where the footsteps were coming from. Sorry for this noob question just never played with a decent headset before. Thanks
« Last Edit: 02:55 AM - 12/08/11 by CaptainBiscuit »

holidayshrimp

« Reply #551 on: 04:07 AM - 12/08/11 »
Not really worth it for sound whoring in mw3. audio in this game is retarded. mw2 and bo it was amazing. i'd get it anyways for gaming in general though.

Offline Zear

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zleepyy
« Reply #552 on: 04:23 AM - 12/08/11 »
Is there anyone that is selling a modded mic for the HD598. Heard someone were doing it and I live in Europe aswell.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 05:34 AM - 12/08/11 »
Badnaffy alias Nobstradamus alias Silenttrigger is doing them see in the German thread not sure if he still does. Depends on what you pay him I guess.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 06:55 AM - 12/08/11 »
Not really worth it for sound whoring in mw3. audio in this game is retarded. mw2 and bo it was amazing. i'd get it anyways for gaming in general though.

yes thats true

if its just for mw3, stay with your current headphones
for any other game the dss + ath ad700 is a very good choice and will surely make a noticeable difference

and lol, my bad, mixed up akg with beyer :S
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay