XIM Community

Best Xbox gaming headset??  (Read 576739 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Best Xbox gaming headset??
« Reply #30 on: 11:36 AM - 10/10/11 »
Most of the time its OK, yes.
Crusade atm: none

Offline Retrospect

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:06 PM - 10/10/11 »
And there we see again, Headsets are preference and matter of taste. I found the 700AD boring and no fun and prefer the HD598 and Retrospect would never trade in his. The spectrum generates really bad sound quality on my system, maybe on Slims it doesn’t. So there is no other way than try yourself and keep what you like. Seems Noobs and me we have the same Taste as we tried just everything and ended up with the DSS and the 598s.

Well roads to be clear I am using a DSS, but I am plugging my spectrum into the DSS so I can get voice mixing.

Offline Professor5180

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:30 PM - 10/10/11 »
I heard you can use an Astro Music Fairy to get game chat volume control with your DSS.

Offline Incognito

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04:46 PM - 10/10/11 »
old sennheiser 350+a steelseries audiomixer for the voice works fine for me

I'm using the same setup (Sennheiser PC350's with SS audio mixer) and I've also had no problems.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09:57 PM - 10/10/11 »
And there we see again, Headsets are preference and matter of taste. I found the 700AD boring and no fun and prefer the HD598 and Retrospect would never trade in his. The spectrum generates really bad sound quality on my system, maybe on Slims it doesn’t. So there is no other way than try yourself and keep what you like. Seems Noobs and me we have the same Taste as we tried just everything and ended up with the DSS and the 598s.

Well roads to be clear I am using a DSS, but I am plugging my spectrum into the DSS so I can get voice mixing.

I get that, I tried that combination too and the spectrum added a very bad noise, more I could tolerate. Some people get the noise with the spectrum mixer, some dont.
Crusade atm: none

Offline iambacardi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:54 AM - 10/11/11 »
audio-technica AD700 + astro mix-amp + zalman clip on mic + xim3.  Turns your xbox into a shuttle pc.  Do not, please DON'T, ever buy some made for gaming set up.  They will never be as good and are marketed to us gamers in hopes that we don't know audio equipment.

http://www.head-fi.org/

check out http://www.head-fi.org/t/456337/xbox360-headphones/15  and http://www.head-fi.org/t/446329/fragtalitys-audio-technica-ad700-boom-mic-mod and
« Last Edit: 04:00 AM - 10/11/11 by iambacardi »

Offline iambacardi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 03:55 AM - 10/11/11 »
i advice you a ad700 + DSS or Mixamp
its the cheapest combination giving you the best sound for the money

this combo is better than any tritton, turtle beach or astros
if you want to mix chatsound volume get the mixamp over the dss

with an external mic you will be able to talk then

High five to that brother.  AD700's are the best.

Offline RoskaL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RoskaL
« Reply #37 on: 10:31 PM - 10/11/11 »
i advice you a ad700 + DSS or Mixamp
its the cheapest combination giving you the best sound for the money

this combo is better than any tritton, turtle beach or astros
if you want to mix chatsound volume get the mixamp over the dss

with an external mic you will be able to talk then

High five to that brother.  AD700's are the best.

LMAO HIGH Five to the bit about never using a prebuilt setup

thumbs down to ad700s being the best

now my custom senn hd555 + astro mic amp = BEAST!!!!!
heres some p[ic to show the lengths i went to for the perfect setup :P

Offline pr13st

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ComplexPriest
« Reply #38 on: 04:20 AM - 10/12/11 »

Sorry to hijack this slightly, Retro could you please quickly describe how you have this set up? I am a little undecided but am looking either at pairing my Senny 428's with a DSS, Zalman Mic and a Spectrum, or removing the Spectrum/DSS combo and going straight for an Astro.
The all in one solution of the Astro is appealing.

Offline NY Dynasty

• http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: NY Dynasty1977
« Reply #39 on: 04:49 AM - 10/12/11 »
Bang for the buck, at $110, has to be the DX11 by Turtle beach, exclusive at Best bUy.  I owned the sharkoon xstatic n they are nothing to this.  they come with the DSS add-on which pretty much make up the "hefty" price tag.  Yeah, u can spend 250+ on some sets mentioned above n they will sound better but at 110, u can get a great sounding set with 7.1 Dolby surround and XBL chat capability and super comfy for long gameplay, cant beat that!!!!  dnt know the OPs budget but if ur trying to be frugal, cant go wrong with these....
« Last Edit: 05:02 AM - 10/12/11 by NY Dynasty »
" border="0

Why did I leave NY?????

XIM4
G700
Sony Nav
XB1
BenQ RL2455HM
Skullcandy PLYR 1s
Modelo 12pk

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #40 on: 05:16 AM - 10/12/11 »
The ad700 have a closed design counterpart right?
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline TyS

• View Profile
    • XimHub
« Reply #41 on: 08:43 AM - 10/12/11 »

Yep.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #42 on: 08:46 AM - 10/12/11 »
Bang for the buck, at $110, has to be the DX11 by Turtle beach, exclusive at Best bUy.  I owned the sharkoon xstatic n they are nothing to this.  they come with the DSS add-on which pretty much make up the "hefty" price tag.  Yeah, u can spend 250+ on some sets mentioned above n they will sound better but at 110, u can get a great sounding set with 7.1 Dolby surround and XBL chat capability and super comfy for long gameplay, cant beat that!!!!  dnt know the OPs budget but if ur trying to be frugal, cant go wrong with these....

Uhhhh... a DSS + Koss KSC75's + MS Headset = less than $110.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #43 on: 09:35 AM - 10/12/11 »

Yep.

So obviously the bass response is better in closed cans though positional referencing might suffer but judging by looking at frequency response curves the dss w/ ad700 or the closed ones is great. Im doubting tb or tritton can come close to it technically. But again its subjective. I would go with the closed version just bc I like bass.... not so much in game but in other medias... And I find stereo positional audio more than adequate. Also audio technicas products are highly revered in the pro audio industry bc of performance and quality.... Not gimmicks.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline RoskaL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RoskaL
« Reply #44 on: 10:12 AM - 10/12/11 »
if you refered to the ad700s as the best gaming headphones i know of whole online communitys that will just laugh at you, theyre better than any on the market but still bottom in terms of quality for gaming

if you want quality go Beyerdynamic DT880